Hacking DEX Backups without BDD?

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
As far as i have read, there is nowhere that gives me a straight answer for this;
If I have a PHAT PS3 without a BDD (totally removed), can I a) convert it to DEX and b) play backups without said BDD
Thanks

EDIT: I ask this because PS3's without the BDD on CFW/OFW were next-to useless.

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not positive on DEX, but I do know the current version of Rogero's CFW has a NoBD patch from the get go. Backup managers are a little more finicky, but its a game by game case.

overlord00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
as far as I recall, it does infact disable the BDD on install (so you can install a CFW) however backup managers were worthless and could not be used.
I have not tested that though, just what I read. Probably start there first and wait to see if anyone else can provide me with some answers.

Banny33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Id be grateful if you could provide an update on any progress you make, also what FW is your ps3 running atm.

overlord00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
unfortunately at this stage it seems that my PS3 has failed me. It now will no longer turn on so I will be unable to test.
Tried a heatgun reflow and nothing. Maybe some beeps, some fan action and nothing.
Sorry @Banny33... I too would have liked to know the answer.

Perhaps someone in the future will be able to shed some light. I know I still want to know if this works.
It'll probably save a bunch of PS3s that are currently in storage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work