Status
Not open for further replies.

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
... The usb support in dios mios will not directly mean that the wii remote and classic controller will become usable as well. This requires a functional bluetooth stack on top of the usb one. Since dios mios is running in gamecube mode, you can't use an ios to do the job for you. Even without looking any deeper into it, it looks like a dificult and serious amount of work.
Devolution on the other hand, is still running on a normal ios in wii mode (From the pieces I read here), so it should be easier to implement code to use the wiimote. Don't get me wrong, easier doesn't mean easy.
From what I understand, Nintendo removed one of the chips on the drive controller board which is necessary for reading GC discs. At the very least, a new drive controller board would be required, if not a whole new drive.

As far as the comparison of Devolution and DIOS MIOS goes, I had actually been considering starting a new thread about it. Above you pointed out a number of the relevant issues. Running in Wii mode under IOS means that the Wii's hardware is accessible. While it is great the crediar found a way to implement USB loading in Gamecube mode, that also means that hardware access is limited to what MIOS normally sees (plus whatever custom drivers are created).

Devolution:

- runs in Wii mode (meaning 1.5x GC CPU/GPU speed, regular IOS, access to USB, wi-fi, bluetooth, etc...)
- supports audio streaming for games like Ikaruga, Star Fox Adventures, Eternal Darkness, Wave Race: Blue Storm, etc....
- may offer somewhat better performance due to higher clock rates
- requires original discs

DIOS MIOS:

- runs in Gamecube mode (slower CPU/GPU clocks, custom MIOS, limited Wii hardware access, limited MEM2 access)
- no support for audio streaming (yet)
- should provide same game compatibility as DML 1.3, but faster loading

At present, neither is available for download, so it is unknown how they might compare in terms of user interface, stability, compatibility, etc....

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Perhaps you should live by your own advice. You seem to have a superiority complex and I find that very annoying. While we appreciate your work, it does not justify your attitude.
I find the vast majority of tueidj's posts do add valuable information to a thread.
He wasn't talking about the value of one post's content, but the way how this content is provided. Like with a bad attitude.

Reactions: 1 person

kamala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems Sifjar has a crush on Tueidj of some sort as he always defend Tueidj's every single post no matter what is says. I support people that think that even if Tueidj is a genius he need some sort of attitude adjustment.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Everyone, please stop the off topic chat because we all know that a mod will eventually have to come in here and delete all those posts, issue warning, and possibly close the thread. Thank you.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DIOS MIOS has full HW access and only MEM2 access before running the game.
DM supports loaders, cheats, debugger, shutdown/reset via pad does devolution aswell?

Seems people missed a flaw about Devolution gfx glitches http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0DuEkW_9mnU#t=640s how many games will have them?
Maybe it will be fixed before release aswell.

Maybe someone who has a clue should compare them.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's a bit hard to compare at the moment, since both aren't available yet.
It's like comparing the apple iphone 9 with the samsung galaxy SXI :)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Perhaps you should live by your own advice. You seem to have a superiority complex and I find that very annoying. While we appreciate your work, it does not justify your attitude.
I find the vast majority of tueidj's posts do add valuable information to a thread.
He wasn't talking about the value of one post's content, but the way how this content is provided. Like with a bad attitude.
He told tueidj to follow his own advice, which was to only post when adding valuable information to a thread. Which tueidj does. His attitude may not always be the most friendly of anyone on these forums, but that wasn't what he was advising, so xecutionx telling him to follow his own advice doesn't relate to a bad attitude. He was talking about the value of the content of posts.

And FYI to whoever it was said I always defend tueidj - I defend anyone unjustly being criticised in my eyes.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
He told tueidj to follow his own advice, which was to only post when adding valuable information to a thread. Which tueidj does. His attitude may not always be the most friendly of anyone on these forums, but that wasn't what he was advising, so xecutionx telling him to follow his own advice doesn't relate to a bad attitude. He was talking about the value of the content of posts.

Telling one to follow his own advice is ONE thing, telling one that his attitude is bad is ANOTHER thing. xecutionx' complaint only came up due to the bad attitude of one certain guy towards other members (he wasn't talking about one certain guys posts in this thread only), therefore the bad attitude was clearly a subject in his post.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Telling one to follow his own advice is ONE thing, telling one that his attitude is bad is ANOTHER thing. xecutionx' complaint only came up due to the bad attitude of one certain guy towards other members (he wasn't talking about one certain guys posts in this thread only), therefore the bad attitude was clearly a subject in his post.
The post of mine you responded to wasn't commenting on his attitude at all. I was commenting purely on the part of xecutionx's post telling tueidj to follow his own advice, which was to add valuable information to threads when posting. I was not addressing xecutionx's comment about tueidj's attitude because that is something tueidj can address if he wishes, I don't disagree that his attitude leaves a bit to be desired at times. The "bad attitude" may have been the main part of xecutionx's post, but that was not the part I was addressing, and so your reply to my post made no sense.

As I have said before though, I have better things to do than argue with you. Can't quite remember why I don't have your posts set to ignore tbh.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The post of mine you responded to wasn't commenting on his attitude at all. I was commenting purely on the part of xecutionx's post telling tueidj to follow his own advice, which was to add valuable information to threads when posting. I was not addressing xecutionx's comment about tueidj's attitude because that is something tueidj can address if he wishes, I don't disagree that his attitude leaves a bit to be desired at times. The "bad attitude" may have been the main part of xecutionx's post, but that was not the part I was addressing, and so your reply to my post made no sense.

You quoted his entire post, not just the first part. Therefore you should have known that from other people's perspective you were addressing his entire post, which as I said only came up because of the bad attitude.

Feel free to put me on your ignore list if you think this is a smart decision.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
omg, seriously this argument is pathetic. You both look silly (for lack of a better word) just by continuing it.

back on topic, I speculate devolution will be awesome. I'm actually curious how close it is to being released. IIRC tueidj said he expected it would be done sometime in May. I personally don't mind waiting longer for it if necessary, so I don't mean to harass anyone about a release date, just curious if everything is still on schedule.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I really should set up a sub forum in this section called "Wii Related Drama". Yes, there are big egos in this section, some of the biggest. There will be blood. If you feel you've been abused, then lurk more and comment less. If you feel the need to justify yourself, then go plant a tree, or something else useful.

Keep topics on topic.

Also Protip: I read the reports from this section, but ignore what I consider to be petty bickering and/or bruised egos, and that's most of it.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Also Protip: I read the reports from this section, but ignore what I consider to be petty bickering and/or bruised egos, and that's most of it.
Given the way things turned out I think it's a shame my report of xecutionx's post for being trollbait was ignored. The bait was certainly taken...

back on topic, I speculate devolution will be awesome. I'm actually curious how close it is to being released. IIRC tueidj said he expected it would be done sometime in May. I personally don't mind waiting longer for it if necessary, so I don't mean to harass anyone about a release date, just curious if everything is still on schedule.
I have a bad case of strep throat which admittedly doesn't stop me from coding, but does prevent things like eating and sleeping. So there's not much going on here at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, krustday krab