KitMikro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi everyone,

Today I decided I'd have a go at editing USB Loader GX just to get familiar with programming for Wii. So I installed devkitpro following instructions from the wiki.

I've installed devkitpro on my Mac OSX version 10.14.5 & also tried Windows 10

In short
when I compile on my Mac I get an error :
fatal error: ft2build.h: No such file or directory

when I compile on Windows I get an error :
fatal error: wupc/wupc.h: No such file or directory

Strange thing is the files are there. at /opt/devkitpro/portlibs/ppc/include

also when I try to MAKE any of the examples on my Mac I get a "Permission denied error" if I "sudo make" I get a
"Please set DEVKITPPC in your environment" error.

edit 0: Off course, because you use "sudo" you change the environment variables and path are not working correctly. So copied the example file to a different directory and now they compile. So it seems devkitpro is setup properly and working.

edit 1: So added the missing files to the SOURCE directory. now let's compile......nope.....

edit 2: while looking to the makefile it seems first error is within the bash script "filelist.sh" it generates an error "find: -printf: unknown primary or operator" it seems the option -printf is not available under OSX

edit 3: So back to my Windows machine. It builds the file list but stops on 2 errors: "strcasestr was not declared in this scope" & "vasprintf was not declared in this scope"

edit 4: Still not working. I've found a post by @Cyan telling the steps to compile usbloader from 10 years ago (sorry cannot post links). So I've setup a Virtual Machine with a clean install of windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 and did the following.

A) compiler installation :
1. install sliksvn and tortoisesvn
2. Download Devkitpro and update to the latest revision.
3. Replace "include" and "lib" folder in your c:/devkitpro/libogc/ folder with the provided zip from usbloaderGX website.
Attention: this version of libogc will work only for compiling USBloaderGX. keep a copy of your original libogc folder if you want to compile other homebrew.
4. Reboot your computer to register the environment variables correctly.

Now then I created a new directory c:/homebrew
and used svn checkout url provided by sourceforge to download the source
when I try make
it fails with the following error:
Fatal error gd.h no such file or directory

edit 5:Got it to work after replacing the complete devkitPPC directory with the content of devkitppc_r29-1 hurray!

Last edited by KitMikro,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Thank You :D