• Likes 69
Status
Not open for further replies.

Syynx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got stopped for 5 days for threading lol.
Lots of contributions tho!

(if only some of them were for my code)
Snags happen. From my limited understanding of programming it seems like anything's possible; nothing's easy.

Do you guys hang out in a discord or anything to help each other out with snags like that?

Last edited by Syynx,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Snags happen. From my limited understanding of programming it seems like anything's possible; nothing's easy.
I always like to say: If it's made by a man, it can be broken by a man.
Comes down to the same ;)

But that was in my hacking days

"Do you guys hang out in a discord or anything to help each other out with snags like that?"

No we are on our own, just me and @Starcarr right now working on this in our free time

So everything else seems overkill right now

Last edited by m4xw,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by m4xw,
Reactions: Reecey

ZeroShift

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something curious is happening. I'm porting over REminiscence (Flashback core) and it seems RetroArch hides/doesn't see directories name "data"

EDIT: Nevermind, I don't know why but something about the folder I copied didn't work well with RetroArch

Last edited by ZeroShift,

coppertj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@coppertj Again, how did you port 4DO to the Switch? (curiosity)
I don't think there was anything wrong with it at first when I first ported it today, besides the slow speeds at first, it compiled straight from the 4do master branch. It was just a series of events that lead me to find out I was not on the threaded retroarch build and then I thought the controllers were really wanked and I was reading through input code in the 4do emulator but I realized it might be fixed with a retroarch.cfg but, not knowing how to write one/not really wanting to write one, I went to the yabuse build, took the retroarch.cfg file and magically, 4do worked 100%

EDIT: when compiling from original 4do you need makefile.common to be the regular makefile.mak

Last edited by coppertj,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't think there was anything wrong with it at first when I first ported it today, besides the slow speeds at first, it compiled straight from the 4do master branch. It was just a series of events that lead me to find out I was not on the threaded retroarch build and then I thought the controllers were really wanked and I was reading through input code in the 4do emulator but I realized it might be fixed with a retroarch.cfg but, not knowing how to write one/not really wanting to write one, I went to the yabuse build, took the retroarch.cfg file and magically, 4do worked 100%

I might be wrong I don't really remember if there were issues compiling the libretro_switch.a for 4do it was early in the day however, I just signed up to gitlab and im uploading all my sources for people to see/want to compile. Im also working on porting vice (c64 emulator) but that might be a tough one because I might actually have to get under the hood to port the core.

You probably had vsync enabled in the non threaded build. Its known to block the main thread up.

Threaded is buggy and doesnt work in docked yet, so non threaded + no vsync is the ideal situation right now

coppertj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You probably had vsync enabled in the non threaded build. Its known to block the main thread up.

Threaded is buggy and doesnt work in docked yet, so non threaded + no vsync is the ideal situation right now
ok I'll recompile and disable the vsync

Twistedziefer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://git.m4xw.net/Switch/RetroArch/VBA-Next/-/jobs/495

Still same audio issues as the non threaded build. But fullscreen.

Threaded builds + fullscreen (untested, still building. Might need cfg adjustments or delete, you know the drill):
https://git.m4xw.net/Switch/RetroArch/VBA-Next/-/jobs/499
https://git.m4xw.net/Switch/RetroArch/libretro-snes9x2010/-/jobs/497

Edit: VBA seems to run rather well!
Docked ofc bugged, cfg works
5.1.0 vba next freezes on exit and when loading the rom it freezes at the core selection and exit, snes gui freezes after multiple rom changes and when exiting. besides that it looks good, sounds good and plays good, save states work nice too on both. Deleted config and kept config same issues with both.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
5.1.0 vba next freezes on exit and when loading the rom it freezes at the core selection and exit, snes gui freezes after multiple rom changes and when exiting. besides that it looks good, sounds good and plays good, save states work nice too on both. Deleted config and kept config same issues with both.

I have a little synchronization issue with the threads. Just retry a few times, once it's loaded it's somewhat stable.

I just finished the first temple in minis cap

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And I didn't have a single crash yet, only freeze on load or exit, but stable else

I rather have it freeze than crash the switch right now

Edit: 5am, reading gets hard xd

Last edited by m4xw,

l_steve_l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IDK if this was a side effect of stretching the image but you have "fixed" screen sizing on SNES HI-Res mode.

Attachments

• EE2598D8-064F-4E7B-A36A-6459C55946E7.jpeg
    EE2598D8-064F-4E7B-A36A-6459C55946E7.jpeg
    725.4 KB · Views: 227

l_steve_l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some unique things I've noticed with the latest threaded build with stretched screen (5.0.2)

• Obviously my first one about HI-Res mode "fixed"
  • Enjoying the cfg load default and save (I know this isn't new I just never realized if you loaded the one in the folder it would overwrite)
  • Enabling srm auto save seems to be working (set to 3s then to 1s)
  • Editing the srm auto save while in a game hard locks the switch - 12s power button reset required
  • Stability in handheld seems to be best yet
  • Save states working amazingly good
  • Sometimes Rom loading fails (stuck at core select - home button / restart fixes) - doesn't seem to fail when loading cfg before selecting the rom

I'm amazed at the progress guys - keep up the great work... As always keep sending the test builds out and I'll try to give as much feedback as possible

Last edited by l_steve_l,
Reactions: Twistedziefer

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Update: it's not just Pebble Beach Golf Links that freezes on a black screen on 4DO.
I've tried two other 3DO games (FIFA International Soccer and Need for Speed) and they don't work either, only the BIOS loads, even when I'm using the stock retroarch.cfg file provided by @coppertj, or when I have threading turned on (which I doubt it supports by the way). Also, I'm on 4.1.0.

Also, here's a smexy icon for 4DO:

it's the 3do!.png

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by SpaceJump,

Hondyn

Trophies
XP
Country