Morocco

Leonidas87

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
@m4xw REASONING FOR MY ABSENCE IN DEVELOPMENT.

IM IN PAIN AND AS A CONTRIBUTOR YOUS SHOULD KNOW.

Was abused by police and special unit today.

BEATON UP. SLAMMED TO THE FRONT OF THE VEHICLE, ETC.

mistaken as the wrong person with my CHILDREN AND WIFE.

Police were looking for an armed suspect well they misidentified and picked me, the one here with all of yous expecially the last week.

Back on topic needed to explain my absence.
Screenshot_20180607-195159_Twitter.jpg

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco

Police were looking for an armed suspect well they misidentified and picked me, the one here with all of yous expecially the last week.

Back on topic needed to explain my absence. View attachment 130733
Holy crap, I feel bad now.
Hope you feel better soon.

Reactions: Leonidas87

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Back on topic needed to explain my absence.
All the best to you!

Reactions: Leonidas87

ownedlol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I don't want to be a dick or anything but that isn't really something to put into this thread...

On top of that, you should probably remove the picture and any information that could be used to identify you.

ZeroShift

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there currently a way to have it autosave any retroarch.cfg changes made in RetroArch itself such as keybinds or settings?

Malcolm-X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Man, I don't want to be a dick or anything but that isn't really something to put into this thread...

On top of that, you should probably remove the picture and any information that could be used to identify you.

Leonidas regularly posts videos of guides he makes on his youtube channel on here. And on said channel he also has vlog type videos with his family. Don't think he's fussed about his identify being "exposed". Seems like a nice guy in all honesty, all the best to him.

Starcarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, who can help us test latest changes?

snes9x2010 with latest threading
beetle-vb with latest threading
mame2003 with latest threading
gambatte with latest threading

Don't delete the configuration files. It should work with them. Video threading is enabled by default but vsync is off. Please test both with vsync off and with it on, and report any findings. We are particularly interested in whether the vsync affects the audio.

Edit: So just to clarify, delete any previous snes9x2010 folder you had, then use all the files in the zip. DO NOT MIX previous and new files.

Last edited by Starcarr,

l_steve_l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
--Switch Speakers--
Tales of Phantasia - Tested Rom
Previous Threaded
VSync off : Audio Great - even the vocals in the intro
VSync on : Audio Crackles within a few frames of intro launch
Latest Threaded
VSync on : Audio Great - Crackled on the Previous Threaded ... Not on this one at all

Chrono Trigger - Tested Rom
Previous Threaded
VSync on : Audio Crackles within a few frames of intro launch
Latest Threaded
VSync off : Audio Great
VSync on : Audio Great - No crackles at all for the whole intro

Last edited by l_steve_l,

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, the audio sounds amazing, I'm testing kirby's dreamland 3, I see no difference in audio with vsync turned on

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

However, returning to the retroarch menu to select another game it froze up, attempted to duplicate this effect, but couldn't, however, if you load a rom, play it, then load another without selecting to close the content, It doesn't load the next game, it just gets stuck at a black screen until you press the home button

Last edited by wicksand420,

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright, who can help us test latest changes?

snes9x2010 with latest threading
beetle-vb with latest threading
mame2003 with latest threading

Don't delete the configuration files. It should work with them. Video threading is enabled by default but vsync is off. Please test both with vsync off and with it on, and report any findings. We are particularly interested in whether the vsync affects the audio.

Edit: So just to clarify, delete any previous snes9x2010 folder you had, then use all the files in the zip. DO NOT MIX previous and new files.

Okay, what the hell?
I've been testing this back and forth with m4 earlier, and these are the exact same results on SNES9x; TINY LITTLE CRACKLES in the audio with vsync on (in general). But it's perfect with threading on + vsync off.
It's small, but it's noticeable to me after going at it for an hour.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyways...
SNES aside (ugh), VB runs well. More noticeable audio crackling with Threading + Vsync on and with threading off + Vsync on, but perfect (minus visual stuttering) with threading on + vsync off.

Note, the threaded video is what is causing the noticeable stutter, and is a normal side effect.

Starcarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, what the hell?
I've been testing this back and forth with m4 earlier, and these are the exact same results on SNES9x; TINY LITTLE CRACKLES in the audio with vsync on (in general). But it's perfect with threading on + vsync off.

Can you record a video/audio with the crackles please?

To all the testers: I have updated my post above to add more test cores. Please test as many as you can, and don't forget: DO NOT REMOVE CFGS, AND REPLACE PREVIOUS FOLDER WITH NEW ONE

l_steve_l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, what the hell?
Is this via dock / external or internal speakers? I am not noticing much issues unless you sleep mode... which I don't expect to work 100% ever

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Is this via dock / external or internal speakers? I am not noticing much issues unless you sleep mode... which I don't expect to work 100% ever

Internal speakers, right up to my ear.
We've been at it for a straight hour before you posted these builds. Only thing that's changed is a few bytes size difference, and a minor improvement in popping, but it's still there.

Also, not terribly sure about the sleep bug myself; on these new builds, going to sleep and waking hasn't induced any performance hit. Unless we're talking about performance over time decreasing...

Last edited by SeongGino,

ZeroShift

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Starcarr @m4xw Had a few odd issues with the new snes9x2010 build. Left all settings default (Threading on, VSync off) and just got a Switch crash error 2345-0021.

Beyond that, sometimes video output will just completely freeze. Game audio still plays, can still technically control the game but even going back to the RetroArch menu doesn't show anything, the screen just stays on what it froze at.

Reactions: Starcarr

Starcarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Starcarr @m4xw Had a few odd issues with the new snes9x2010 build. Left all settings default (Threading on, VSync off) and just got a Switch crash error 2345-0021.

Beyond that, sometimes video output will just completely freeze. Game audio still plays, can still technically control the game but even going back to the RetroArch menu doesn't show anything, the screen just stays on what it froze at.

Same freezing happened to me, which OS version are you on? I am on 4.1.0 btw.

l_steve_l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Internal speakers, right up to my ear.
We've been at it for a straight hour before you posted these builds. Only thing that's changed is a few bytes size difference, and a minor improvement in popping, but it's still there.

Also, not terribly sure about the sleep bug myself; on these new builds, going to sleep and waking hasn't induced any performance hit.
What ROM - if you don't mind me asking?

I have always tested with Tales of Phantasia because the intro is pretty sound intensive and the first scene with all the lightning usually makes it pop like crazy.

@ 80 volume on my TV with VSync on - the only things I noticed is the end of audio tracks like voices do I hear any audio differentials - like a audio buffer flush "pop" but only on voices.... happens with VSync off as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol