Deleted member 398281

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

As the title says, I'd like to determine which version of CTGP-R is installed on my or someone else's SD card, just by using a PC. Would this be possible, and if so, how?
I'm totally fine with using hex editors or similar (if necessary).

Thanks.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like it's compressed so you could either decompress it or just use a checksum. The CRC32 for 1.03.1062 (latest) is 31A33220.

Deleted member 398281

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've not thought about comparing checksums yet. However, afaik, the site does not provide the checksums for every (or any) version, so it wouldn't be really helpful for finding the exact number. Most versions have got multiple updates too, so it'd require matching the checksum with like 6 different possible files just to see whether you've got that version. And then there's always the possibility you got a lower version. Not that convenient.

What do you refer to when saying to decompress "it"? Kinda lost with what you mean there.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like the dol is either encrypted or compressed with Dollz. There isn't any text in it except in libOGC and a Huffman library. Now that I'm looking at the Dollz info on WiiBrew I don't know if there is a way to uncompress it again. It doesn't seem to run on Dolphin either. :/

Deleted member 398281

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It doesn't look like they're decompressable, at least not with the tool itself, unless this is undocumented but I highly doubt that's the case.
I also always assumed that the channel itself was inside the boot.elf on the root, as I can remember that reusing letterbomb after installing the distribution always brought me to the channel. I can imagine that this is done for first-time users to not have to install the hbc first so they can just launch it using letterbomb, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Lol not me trying to get people to make an uncensor patch for imagine makeup artist