Homebrew Desume Ds emulator for 3ds [request]

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Being a little realistic:
- DS good (or decent) emulation not possible at all!...
- Run some DS stuff through 3DS native interpreter mode: maybe possible, I guess!... (I.e. SudokuHax)
- Run DS through DS flashcart: the most viable option!

Last edited by fmkid,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The amount of work that would be required to get a ds emulator working would be ridiculous and for very little reward IE very few if any games would be playable. It would be a thankless task as people would just bitch about how (insert whatever game name they want to play here) does not run when as has been stated before people could just get up off their ass and buy a ds flash cart and have whatever game they want play perfectly. Christ here in Scotland a pack of cigarettes costs more than a ds flash cart does.

Last edited by AmandaRose, , Reason: Auto correct changed Christ to Christmas so I fixed it
Reactions: Margen67 and fmkid

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
since we got a psx emulator working why not have a ds emulator and is it possible to get it hardware emulated like nintendont on the wii u?
An emulator? Not gonna happen.
A hypervisor like Nintendont? It's possible and it could happen if there's enough interest among skilled developers. I would love it if this happened, but until then I'm fine with just using my DSTWO. A hypervisor wouldn't allow us to do much that the DSTWO doesn't already allow, except it would be possible to run DSi-enhanced games in DSi mode, and we could play DS games from the 3DS SD card with no need for a flashcart, but it would take a lot of work to make one that works perfectly and there is not that much point in spending all that effort when we have DS flashcarts that work on the latest firmware and have 100% compatibility.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or well somewhat