Homebrew DeSmuME Wii - DS Emulator for Wii in development.

alp63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! great progress!!
cool.gif

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no$ is also almost completly written in asm which kills any porting (like ZSNES 67,8% x86 asm iirc
tongue.gif
)...(and yes closed source plus the authors seems to be lost
frown.gif
)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm trying both r57 and 58, with and without line357 commented.

it seems homebrews are working better with the line still commented.
And r57 has a better graphic output than r58. I don't know if I'm missing a GX lib ?

I'm not sure if it helps a lot.
I can report the homebrew I'm testing.

Could you add a rom menu selection ?
i'm getting mad with all those SDcard removing and boot.nds renaming
wacko.gif

even a quick made ugly text menu.
Thanks ^^

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
In r58, we're rendering using GX instead of SDL. Believe it or not, it's actually faster. There are some graphical glitches and color, but it's to be expected as DeSmuME was hand written for SDL. Everyone's working hard on cleaning this up right now.

ROM selection screen? Hell yeah. It's pissing me off too. Only reason it's not there now is because I thought we'd be using the WiiDS GUI by now but I guess those guys are slower than they promised...

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Just so everyone following this knows:

The revision 61 scanff just committed works by loading ROMs into virtual memory. This will now allow ROMs of any size (at least in theory, the highest size we tested was 35MB) to be launched. There is also a significant speed improvement to the emulation. Lastly, it will also allow us to get 3D working in a later committ.

The downside to this is that there's quite a wait before you can play your ROMs now. It took almost 30 seconds for me to be able to load 8MB Polarium. We are working to decrease the waiting time as much as possible.

Just wanted to let everyone know so if you get a black screen for a couple minutes it doesnt mean the emulator doesn't work. It just means it's loading your ROM. It will be worth the wait once you begin to play it though
smile.gif

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to compile. I"m pretty sure I have everything thats needed. Sorry for being a noob first program i'm compiling for wii.
tongue.gif
Other than the hello world example
biggrin.gif

The error I get while compiling. Other than the warnings and huge list of errors..
make [1]: *** [NDSSystem.o] error 1
"make": *** [build] Error 2

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
@Arikado: what about this one ? are these two separated projects ?

http://code.google.com/p/wiids/

from what I looked into the source:

(1) the /nds directory (normally containing DesMume core) is empty so I wonder how it works

(2) the wii code seems to be entirely copypasted from Tantric's VBAGX with a few minor adaptations & renaming

Can we assume it's just VBAGX gui they try to customize for NDS, they don't seem to be working at all on the emulator port ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show