Hacking Derrek6 has the Wii U Boot1 Key!

greenlanternx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Ok so a. Is that the actual key in his post and B. What can be done with the boot1 key

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Correction: what is boot1 even

well I found this in fail0verflow blog:
Wii U boot1 key (not yet!)
Found in the Starbuck’s OTP. Used by boot0 to decrypt boot1. This key, and it alone, is selectively disabled in a special clear-only OTP mask register by boot0, and is not available after boot. We don’t have it yet, but we’re trying to get it with some cute side-channel attacks.

A few people have claimed that our work doesn’t qualify as having hacked the Wii U since we do not have this key yet. That doesn’t make any sense, though: We have full code execution in kernel mode in both the Espresso and the Starbuck, access to every other key (including the aforementioned ones as well as per-console storage encryption keys and the like), unrestricted access to Wii U mode hardware, etc. Stating that we haven’t hacked the Wii U because we don’t have the boot1 key is like saying that nobody has ever hacked any iPhone because nobody has ever extracted the GID Key. Either way, there’s a good chance we might be able to fish it out soon ;-).

EstPC13

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
well I found this in fail0verflow blog:
Found in the Starbuck’s OTP. Used by boot0 to decrypt boot1. This key, and it alone, is selectively disabled in a special clear-only OTP mask register by boot0, and is not available after boot. We don’t have it yet, but we’re trying to get it with some cute side-channel attacks. A few people have claimed that our work doesn’t qualify as having hacked the Wii U since we do not have this key yet. That doesn’t make any sense, though: We have full code execution in kernel mode in both the Espresso and the Starbuck, access to every other key (including the aforementioned ones as well as per-console storage encryption keys and the like), unrestricted access to Wii U mode hardware, etc. Stating that we haven’t hacked the Wii U because we don’t have the boot1 key is like saying that nobody has ever hacked any iPhone because nobody has ever extracted the GID Key. Either way, there’s a good chance we might be able to fish it out soon ;-).

Before anyone says IOSU ZOMG!!, F0F started looking for this and gave up and anyone else that has searched for it has found this is absolutely unnecesary for an IOSU Exploit..... It's still cool though

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

"Starbucks"
Starbucks key, Cafe OS... #NotSponsored

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Since nobody is telling anybody what this is, here's the first thing that came up on Google:
I4e79qB.png

I have no idea what this entails for the Wii U, just putting the info out there because it exists. It could be completely unrelated or could be vital information, but it is what it is.
That's for the wii. This is Wii U starbuck OTP shit.

Reactions: KiiWii

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
The Wii and Wii U are similar enough to be able to have the Wii run natively on it, right? So at least some of that information should still be still relevant.
Well. That could be said for any simlar system. This is an entirely different system. That's like saying 3DS firm0 and firm1 are similar to boot0 and boot1. Nah.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
<snip>
Yes, lets just wait a few years until there's only a 99% chance Nintendo won't release anymore new updates, THEN the WiiU scene can finally start releasing things! I'm sure it will be a thriving scene 3 years from now. Makes perfect sense to just keep holding on until Nintendo has fully moved away from the console.

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Removed quote -rp
D

Deleted User

Oh great. Now people are going to make threads like "how do i emport the boot key so i can get iosu epxloit i want those emus"

Thx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9