Hacking derrek: we also got the #NintendoSwitch TrustZone code!

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wow, the Switch must have some pretty horrendous security.
Is there a console out there that's been hacked open to this extent this fast or faster?
PSP launched at the end of 2004 in Japan (or march 2005 in America), public homebrew - usable by the public without special games or hardware - before June :D as long as you were on 1.50 or 1.00

To a lesser extent (but in part because of the slow console launch, its commercial unpopularity, etc) Dreamcast had the first pirated game (of European region) on 2000-6-23, again without game exploits/swapping/modchips, less than 9 months after the European launch

The Ouya can run homebrew in 5 clicks 10 seconds like almost every Android product but it's so easy it doesn't count :P

Atari (2600 at least), Nintendo until N64/GBA, PS1 with parallel ports, etc are also technically without any security and got homebrew and/or piracy during their generation, but not for the price of a blank CD or card

Last edited by Ryccardo,
Reactions: Deleted User

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The biggest thing I've actually learned here is that the Switch has fuse protection. That's going to be the biggest problem going forward. People will find the bypass but a lot of users are going to be spooked from how easy it is to brick a console that has this hardware-level protection. When Nintendo gets sold new exploits, they will roll updates with new triggers on the fuse as well.

This is going to be a bloodbath on hardware nuking if its done too quickly.

I know people who are spooked hacking the 3DS and that has almost no failstate, add a failstate and the more casual audience on the hacking scene are going to run for the hills.

It really would.

That's the point of the program that Nintendo is running. This will almost assuredly be sold to them eventually or even soon.

Last edited by V-Temp,
Reactions: aut0mat3d
D

Deleted User

Here's hoping there isn't an update before I can purchase Sonic Mania..... Because I'm thinking of shelfing my Switch until hax..... Hell, maybe try get a 2nd one......

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Reactions: Victorum

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now this... is the real news. Screw all the other tweets, this is half of the nails in the coffin for Switch hacking. Now the only remaining question is, will they release any of it?
Do you SERIOUSLY think that ANY of this will be release until SciresM jumps into it? There is no way in HELL that Derrek will release ANY of his work. He dumped boot9 on the 3DS 4 years before anyone else dumped it. It would be a fucking miracle if Derrek released anything.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you SERIOUSLY think that ANY of this will be release until SciresM jumps into it? There is no way in HELL that Derrek will release ANY of his work. He dumped boot9 on the 3DS 4 years before anyone else dumped it. It would be a fucking miracle if Derrek released anything.
He likes to hack and then gloat he did something without ever actually releasing anything.

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This just in: We've got the Windows kernel. C:\Windows\System32\NTOSKRNL.EXE

Welp, looks like Windows is a dead operating system.
Wasn't it already? ;)

He likes to hack and then gloat he did something without ever actually releasing anything.
Again, that is SigHax :P

And who released the hack?
Gbatemp ofc
Where would their name comes from else?
The name GBATemp comes from the original purpose of this website. In the early days of GBA flashcarts and ROMs, the creator of GBATemp wanted a place where he could temporarily host GBA ROMs for his friends to download. Thus, GBATemp came into existence.

This is true. if it weren't for Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon coming out later this year, I'd have already sold my 3ds. Hell, I was considering it, then the surpris
I'm not even slightly considering selling. Hell, I'm getting the N2DSXL on Friday (USA launch date :D)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
D

Deleted User

noticed he still doesn't have the balls to tag nintendo directly.

derrek left a bad taste in my mouth after he released sighax just a few minutes after boot9strap's release. it was a shitty tool and worthless to most because of the installation of the firm vs. loading it off of the SD card. Besides, Hedge was working on glitchammer about a month before 33c3, and 33c3 just talked about stuff already on the wiki

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9