Homebrew Deleting Wii U user without NID password?

D

Deleted User

As I said, I have no clue. I think it would be better to wait for someone who's having more knowledge.
ok. just thought you might know if putting the files back reverses it as thats kinda a different topic

GizzmoJones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right, I’m resurrecting this again, I honestly don’t know the first step of how to remove a user from my Wii U, especially in simple terms. What do I need to do first? Do I need to jailbreak my Wii U or can I access the files somehow without doing so?

series2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure, but back when I was trying to delete the folder to prevent automatic updates, I noticed it would come back if I didn't completely exit out of homebrew and return back to the Wii U menu before rebooting the system.

Sorry also for the necro but this seems to be a KEY STEP for anyone who's files keep reappearing. Ignoring all the other questions and distractions in this thread, it seems the protocol for anyone wanting to delete unwanted users is to:
  • 1. Follow the previous posts in the thread about deleting the files and editing the common file using FTPiiu Everything
  • 2. Exit out of FTPiiu Everything by pressing Home button
  • 3. Exit out of Homebrew by pressing home button and canceling out of the Mii Editor which homebrew uses to launch (at least for mocha).
  • 4. Wait for WiiU menu to reappear, and then hard shutdown by holding power button for 4 seconds.
This is the only sequence that permanently deleted the unwatned users after hard shutdown and restart. All the attempts (turning off from FTPiiu, turning off from homebrew) failed to permanently delete the files.

Thanks Glyptofane for even bothering to mention this!

Reactions: KannaCrossing

AidanToad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to thank y'all for this thread! I was finally able to delete some users with NNID passwords I forgot and could not recover due to having deleted the email address they were registered with. In case anyone is wondering what I did, here's what my process looked like:

1) Jailbreak my Wii U with the Haxchi method (I did this a few months prior for unrelated reasons)
2) Install Mocha CFW and FTPiiU Everywhere (for some reason the FTPiiU Everywhere didn't work right without it)
3) Launch Homebrew by launching Haxchi while holding the A button
4) Load Mocha CFW
5) Launch Homebrew again from the Homebrew Launcher
6) Load FTPiiU Everywhere
7) Download FileZilla and enter the IP address displayed on my GamePad in the top left text box thing
8) Navigate to storage_mlc/usr/save/system/act
9) Determine which user is which by opening each 8000000X folder, downloading the account.dat file, and opening it with a text editor to see the NNID
10) Right click on the 8000000X folders corresponding to the users I want to delete and click "delete" (and confirm that I want to delete)
11) Close FTPiiU by pressing the home button
12) Close Homebrew using the home button, and the tapping "close software" button
13) Press the power button on the console to turn it off like I normally would
14) Turn the console back on and the users were gone

I didn't have to edit any files like others did, and I'm not really sure why this method worked for me but not for others.

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to thank y'all for this thread! I was finally able to delete some users with NNID passwords I forgot and could not recover due to having deleted the email address they were registered with. In case anyone is wondering what I did, here's what my process looked like:

1) Jailbreak my Wii U with the Haxchi method (I did this a few months prior for unrelated reasons)
2) Install Mocha CFW and FTPiiU Everywhere (for some reason the FTPiiU Everywhere didn't work right without it)
4) Load Mocha CFW
7) Download FileZilla and enter the IP address displayed on my GamePad in the top left text box thing
9) Determine which user is which by opening each 8000000X folder, downloading the account.dat file, and opening it with a text editor to see the NNID
10) Right click on the 8000000X folders corresponding to the users I want to delete and click "delete" (and confirm that I want to delete)
12) Close Homebrew using the home button, and the tapping "close software" button

I didn't have to edit any files like others did, and I'm not really sure why this method worked for me but not for others.

"This is the way".
I held the power button to switch off and it seemed to not work, repeated the steps but just pressed power button once, unplugged power from the back then reconnected, restarted and bam, unwanted Miis are gone. Appreciate you writing the steps out how you did

Reactions: Larkas

helado123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello! I want to remove a NNID account from my WiiU buuuut I think a couple of games are linked to his account, I really don´t care loosing these games but I wanted to ask, can I simply delete the files everyone is talking about? I won´t have problems with those games? idk in the worst case scenario a brick? (I mean because I would only be deleting the account info but idk how the games are linked)

a-problem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To anyone asking, no, deleting an account which purchased game x won't delete game x. However I must ask, although the deleting went smoothly, the deleted users still show up in the quick access menu, just a bit of an annoyance. Is there anything I can do about it?

darkenvyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
for some reason i went to remove a user i didnt want after enabling mocha and now it removed EVERY user on the console. for some reason they're all still visible in quick start on the gamepad

treypop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is an old thread but I had a question relating to this. I'm having trouble moving my Nintendo Network ID over to a new console I was wondering if I could copy my account files and put them on the new Wii U. Would that work to move my NNID over?

KannaCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry also for the necro but this seems to be a KEY STEP for anyone who's files keep reappearing. Ignoring all the other questions and distractions in this thread, it seems the protocol for anyone wanting to delete unwanted users is to:
  • 1. Follow the previous posts in the thread about deleting the files and editing the common file using FTPiiu Everything
  • 2. Exit out of FTPiiu Everything by pressing Home button
  • 3. Exit out of Homebrew by pressing home button and canceling out of the Mii Editor which homebrew uses to launch (at least for mocha).
  • 4. Wait for WiiU menu to reappear, and then hard shutdown by holding power button for 4 seconds.
This is the only sequence that permanently deleted the unwatned users after hard shutdown and restart. All the attempts (turning off from FTPiiu, turning off from homebrew) failed to permanently delete the files.

Thanks Glyptofane for even bothering to mention this!
Made an account just to post here. THIS worked for me.
For an added bonus, I unplugged the power cable.

Having a wii u with a NNID on it now that the servers are down meant even if I had the password to the account, it was impossible for me to remove it. Imagine buying a wii u day 1 and having sooo many games to play with. Totally not me.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I registered a new NNID just yesterday, so since when are the servers offline?

//EDIT: Double checked: The servers are online and working just fine.

Last edited by V10lator,

KannaCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I registered a new NNID just yesterday, so since when are the servers offline?

//EDIT: Double checked: The servers are online and working just fine.
wait wait wait.. I thought ALL the servers went down. Are you telling me I only the eshop went down and I could have removed it by using my password? jebus crust.. I thought it was all down. I kept getting an error that it failed to connect to the nintendo servers. Pain. Much pain. Hours spent trying to figure this out.

Escancoranco

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soychico.trucoteca.com
XP
Country
Spain

4) Load Mocha CFW
10) Right click on the 8000000X folders corresponding to the users I want to delete and click "delete" (and confirm that I want to delete)t

does this also delete that users mii from mii maker?
also im guessing for gamepad to delete that user you would just need to resync it

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This World with Toramissu?
Yes and no... Let me try to rewrite the guide for it:
1) Install Wii U FTP Server
2) Load Wii U FTP Server
3) Download FileZilla and enter the IP address displayed on the GamePad
4) Navigate to storage_mlc/usr/save/system/act
5) Determine which user is which by opening each 8000000X folder, downloading the account.dat file, and opening it with a text editor to see the NNID
6) Right click on the 8000000X folders corresponding to the users I want to delete and click "delete" (and confirm that I want to delete)
7) Close Wii U FTP Server by pressing the home button
8) Press the power button on the console to turn it off
9) Turn the console back on and the users were gone

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto