Hardware Deleting software update without losing data?

pikalols18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I wanted to go back to the old Xbox 360 dashboard, just for the heck of it, for about a day, but I only have one Xbox 360, and I don't want to lose my data, which is on an original arcade Xbox. Could I delete the update with the hard drive removed, then keep the console offline, then when I want to play online, update with the hard drive? Or, does it not format the disk and just remove the update. Please reply! I wanna see the old dashboard again!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 360 uses efuses to prevent downgrading like the switch, so you need an rgh system. updaing or downgrading won't affect the data on the internal hdd. btw, there are skins for aurora and FSD to simulate the older nxe and blade dashboards.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It doesn't work like that and no console ever allows you to downgrade (aside from preview/beta FW builds)
If you want to see the old dash, Youtube or getting an old console is your only hope.

pikalols18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard you can delete system updates from the console, and this is a 2010 Xbox arcade. Would it take me back to NXE? I really don't want to break anything.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stand corrected. I thought it was possible or that I had done it a long time ago. rgh and jtags rely on the hypervisor from 4xxx to run unsigned code.

edit: if you mean deleting the $SystemUpdate from games, then yes. exiso actually has a box to check if you don't want the system update.

Last edited by godreborn,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I stand corrected. I thought it was possible or that I had done it a long time ago. rgh and jtags rely on the hypervisor from 4xxx to run unsigned code.

edit: if you mean deleting the $SystemUpdate from games, then yes. exiso actually has a box to check if you don't want the system update.

Hardware hacks indeed rely on the 4532 and 4548 kernel, but require exploiting the console, which OP doesn't have ;p
Technically seeing, you could build a 7371 NAND with a 17xxx LDV and make it boot.

OP could RGH it and downgrade it but keeping the console stock, no, there's nothing one can do to revert back to the base kernel and or lower kernels/dashes.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DinohScene I've noticed that newer versions of xebuild and dashlaunch have been appearing on one of those stealth sites. xblse? is going online with a fake, clean kv now possible without requiring payment? I think the plugin for that is included with dashlaunch.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I've got xbl blocked with parental controls. it was probably a good thing, because a few weeks ago, I accidentally tried to sign in. luckily, it didn't let me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop getting your creamy paste all over
    +2
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    DO NOT WORK FOR ME :(
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think he has a wedgie, and is afraid to fix it in public.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or else he caught one of those Florida STD's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psis difficulty meter is Stds like how south park made it race color
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah it's skin color for difficulty in south park

is it, by that logic, blackface to play on the hardest difficulty if you're white?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Psi, you ever been on a date and ran into another past date? And how did you handle it? Just curious.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He just says this is the neighbor across the block and says sorry their mail got mixed up
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, this sounds unhinged, but someone (i forgot who) saying they'd want to make their left 4 dead team wario, samus, captain falcon and nester gave me the idea for a quick round of fuck marry kill/bed wed behead
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck marry kill:
    wario, samus, captain falcon
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i gotta say fuck captain falcon, because he's hot (no homo), marry samus, because she seems like good wife (or as BigOnYa says, wifey) material, and kill wario, because he can't die, so killing him won't really kill him
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but uhhh that's just me hehe
    iu
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    good night guys
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.