Country
Pakistan
King Of Chaos said:
pepxl said:
some of us arent as lucky and can only have it as an IOS
dry.gif
wink2.gif
sleep.gif
Posts like this are completely counterproductive and pointless. And Preloader isn't really a solution (wishful thinking really) because there's some nasty things you can do to brick your Wii and Preloader won't be able to save you.

Ultimate advice? Don't go around deleting and screwing with stuff people! AnyTitle Deleter and WAD Manager shouldn't be used by n00bs, period.

completely counterproductive and pointless?

i dont know what the heck that means! probably because im 12.

*cough* NERD *cough*

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unfortune said:
King Of Chaos said:
pepxl said:
dry.gif
wink2.gif
sleep.gif
Posts like this are completely counterproductive and pointless. And Preloader isn't really a solution (wishful thinking really) because there's some nasty things you can do to brick your Wii and Preloader won't be able to save you.

Ultimate advice? Don't go around deleting and screwing with stuff people! AnyTitle Deleter and WAD Manager shouldn't be used by n00bs, period.

*cough* NERD *cough*
*cough* DUMBASS *cough*

im pretty sure you know what a dictionary is.

Unfortune

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
xzxero said:
Unfortune said:
King Of Chaos said:
pepxl said:
dry.gif
wink2.gif
sleep.gif

*cough* NERD *cough*
*cough* DUMBASS *cough*

im pretty sure you know what a dictionary is.

well:
defintion of counterproductive:

tending to hinder the achievement of a goal

OK THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP YOUR A GENIUS OMG KK TY

mist8rio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
King Of Chaos said:
AnyTitle Deleter and WAD Manager shouldn't be used by n00bs, period.
obviously i need to use it to finish the mod
rolleyes.gif

Anyways, I managed to finish complete guide mod with help, now HBC is upside down. Reinstalling it fixes it?

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mist8rio said:
King Of Chaos said:
rolleyes.gif

Anyways, I managed to finish complete guide mod with help, now HBC is upside down. Reinstalling it fixes it?
reinstall IOS61 via dop-ios without sig hash check.

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
King Of Chaos said:
pepxl said:
dry.gif
wink2.gif
sleep.gif

how was my post "completely counterproductive and pointless" yet at the begining of the thread users were slating him for uninstalling the sysmenu and i dont even mention preloader at all, all i was stating like the post above me was he was lucky to have BootMii as boot2 and that users like me CANT due to boot2v4
If you NEEEEEED a Wii with an exploitable boot1, go find an old one on Ebay willya. Stop whining.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
mist8rio said:
King Of Chaos said:
rolleyes.gif

Not like you knew what his HBC was running off of but it was running off of ios36 so he needs to reinstall it via dop ios without sig hash check.

I helped him through it on AIM.

I've asked this question before and never got a definite answer but why is it some peoples HBC run off of different ios then other peoples?

Some run off ios36 while others run off of ios61.

Whats the deciding factor when installing HBC that makes it pick one over the other?

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
xzxero said:
mist8rio said:
King Of Chaos said:
rolleyes.gif

Not like you knew what his HBC was running off of but it was running off of ios36 so he needs to reinstall it via dop ios without sig hash check.

I helped him through it on AIM.

I've asked this question before and never got a definite answer but why is it some peoples HBC run off of different ios then other peoples?

Some run off ios36 while others run off of ios61.

Whats the deciding factor when installing HBC that makes it pick one over the other?
from what ive heard

it depends on the firmware and what IOS's have trucha.
generally 3.3 and under will run off IOS36 because it has some trucha bugs intact on other IOS's
3.4 and up generally will use IOS61

so its different for everyone's wii.

HellFireXS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pepxl said:
all i was stating like the post above me was he was lucky to have BootMii as boot2 and that users like me CANT due to boot2v4

It's not boot2v4 that stops bootmii from installing, it is boot1 that stops it, I only bring this up because the 4.2 system update installes boot2v4 and it can still use bootmii and I dont want you to go around confusing newbies with that information.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
joda said:
If you NEEEEEED a Wii with an exploitable boot1, go find an old one on Ebay willya. Stop whining.

who's wining?, cause one post isnt wining and im quite happy with my boot1 wii, i wont be so stupid and go brick my wii by unistalling the sysmenu...

QUOTE(HellFireXS @ Oct 12 2009, 06:56 AM) It's not boot2v4 that stops bootmii from installing, it is boot1 that stops it, I only bring this up because the 4.2 system update installes boot2v4 and it can still use bootmii and I dont want you to go around confusing newbies with that information.

yes your right i mearly got my words mixed up, and im no noObieDoOBiEdOo!!

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
icpmattj said:
Whats the deciding factor when installing HBC that makes it pick one over the other?from what ive heard

it depends on the firmware and what IOS's have trucha.
generally 3.3 and under will run off IOS36 because it has some trucha bugs intact on other IOS's
3.4 and up generally will use IOS61

so its different for everyone's wii.

I quote The Homebrew Channel FAQ
QUOTE said:
The HackMii installer is the only program that can automatically make non-trivial system modifications on all Wiis. It has several different code paths (aka exploits) that it uses to do this; on any given Wii, the installer will scan your system to find the most appropriate one to use (generally, the most stable or least invasive one).
Ergo, it just uses the most convenient non-fakesigned exploitable IOS.

It doesn't run on fakesigned IOS anymore as it did before because: (from the same page)
It refuses to run on those IOS's because the earlier versions of cIOScorp scooped out your Wii's innards and turned them into delicious Scrambled IOS Breakfast™, which confused the crap out of their installer and gave TT all sorts of bizarre errors to scratch their heads over.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After five Goddamn pages, all you rookies get it? Uninstalling the system menu (or the IOS it runs on for that matter) is never a good idea. You'll just end up starting a thread like this! He was lucky and had bootmii in boot2 AND a nand backup, but I *know* there are a LOT of users that just do not have this privilege.

erikk1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah, would preloader still work and be able to load homebrew if I uninstall the system menu?

Not that I actually want to do this, but I just find it interesting.

Majroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, because preloader is installed on the system menu. So if you delete the system menu, you also will delete preloader.

erikk1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, but if I can start HBC from bootmii (boot2), I could actually uninstall the system menu and HBC would still work if I understand correctly. That's pretty funny.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one