Homebrew Question Delete Switch Update?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I mean, you boot into recovery mode, which isn't rcm. Turn on while holding both volume buttons. Keep holding them until the recovery menu appears. Don't select anything from the menu, just power button again to turn off.
Nobody's made another way to do it yet afaik.

Reactions: HellaJvke

MikeHawke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I do this while using Atmosphere? I have autorcm on. Can I go into recovery mode if I turn off auto rcm?

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I do this while using Atmosphere? I have autorcm on. Can I go into recovery mode if I turn off auto rcm?

It could possible to make a bootloader config for hekate or a payload that can do that, but no one has yet.

Are you using aRCM to preserve fuses? Booting into recovery mode burns fuses, since that's done at boot time.

Last edited by JonJaded,
Reactions: MikeHawke

MikeHawke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am, yes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It could possible to make a bootloader config for hekate or a payload that can do that, but no one has yet.

Are you using aRCM to preserve fuses? Booting into recovery mode burns fuses, since that's done at boot time.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just talked to Draxzelex, you might be able to boot into maintenance mode if you boot ReiNX. Can't confirm.
I've done it which is why I recommended it. Any payload that boots CFW/OFW will do actually but ReiNX is designed to autoboot by default. Just to be extra safe, hold volume + and - before you send ReiNX.

MikeHawke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've done it which is why I recommended it. Any payload that boots CFW/OFW will do actually but ReiNX is designed to autoboot by default. Just to be extra safe, hold volume + and - before you send ReiNX.

Yeah just hold both volume buttons when starting firmware boot from any payload.

Haha, bros. It's not working for me. When do I need to press and hold the volume buttons?

After I select to launch the cfw in hekate, or when I'm sending a payload to my switch to launch hekate?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, bros. It's not working for me. When do I need to press and hold the volume buttons?

After I select to launch the cfw in hekate, or when I'm sending a payload to my switch to launch hekate?
With Hekate, its after you launch the CFW. Although I've never tested if I can enter maintenance mode with Hekate, only ReiNX.

MikeHawke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
:|

I've been using hekate to launch into atmosphere. Is there a way that I can send an atmosphere payload to launch directly into it? I mean without using hekate

Last edited by MikeHawke,

MikeHawke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With Hekate, its after you launch the CFW. Although I've never tested if I can enter maintenance mode with Hekate, only ReiNX.

Okay, I got it working. Thanks for the help though. I dunno what I did ut somehow I got rid of the update without even going into ReinX or maintenance mode.

Reactions: hippy dave

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
:|

I've been using hekate to launch into atmosphere. Is there a way that I can send an atmosphere payload to launch directly into it? I mean without using hekate
Yeah the payload is called fusee-primary.bin, it's available on the atmosphere release pages. You might need a slightly different file layout compared to booting through hekate, I've never done the latter.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you want to boot into maintenance mode even with a bootloader lke atmosphere you just boot into hekate menu nad hit boot stock and then hold volUP+volDN. it will get you to maintenance mode. (not sure about fuse status as mine are blown and i am downgraded)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...