431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Just picked up an Acer Iconia a100 off of 1saleaday.com for 170$ with free shipping. Going to gift that other one to my niece for Xmas this year. I might pick up one or 2 of those coby tabs for my mom and my wife's mom so they can video chat with the grandkids.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just picked up an Acer Iconia a100 off of 1saleaday.com for 170$ with free shipping. Going to gift that other one to my niece for Xmas this year. I might pick up one or 2 of those coby tabs for my mom and my wife's mom so they can video chat with the grandkids.

just note with those cheap tabs...video chat is usually rather laggy and the cameras have pretty shit quality

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The coby tablet Joe88 has actually got pretty decent reviews on amazon.

oh.. well for your sake i hope it works well! just didnt want you to have huge aspirations for awesome webchat and have it not work like you hoped. but I have personally never tried it on that tablet, I'm just speaking from personal experience with other cheap tablets. if you do end up getting them, let me know how it works out. good luck :)

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see the 10.1" ones on pre-order from amazon for $199, or you can get the 9.7" for $209 shipped

about 5 hours
Lucky you! I get 2 hours and 45 minutes with my tab. Then again I cant figure out how to get rid of Cell Standby which sucks up 75% of my battery :P
which tab do you have?

just note with those cheap tabs...video chat is usually rather laggy and the cameras have pretty shit quality

I dont see why it would be, it doesnt seem to be lagging with anything I have done so far including watching 1080p videos, viewing very high res images, a few 3d intensive games, streaming youtube and netflix work fine also
the cameras arnt good for anything besides video chatting

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That's what I wanted to hear. Most of the crappy reviews it got were just complaints about not having access to Google Play not about the tablet itself.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see the 10.1" ones on pre-order from amazon for $199, or you can get the 9.7" for $209 shipped

about 5 hours
Lucky you! I get 2 hours and 45 minutes with my tab. Then again I cant figure out how to get rid of Cell Standby which sucks up 75% of my battery :P
which tab do you have?

I dont see why it would be, it doesnt seem to be lagging with anything I have done so far including watching 1080p videos, viewing very high res images, a few 3d intensive games, streaming youtube and netflix work fine also
the cameras arnt good for anything besides video chatting

I have a WoPad V7+. I just think that the battery is going to shit on me. I'm testing a CPU and Battery related app just to see what can be accomplished but still, I'm going to have to hunt down and soldier in a new battery soon. Why dont tablet makers ever make their devices with removable batteries in mind?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
about 5 hours

There should be an option in settings to turn off mobile data, that should do the trick.

Edit: It's under Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks in Gingerbread (2.3).

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to spend $200 now to get one unless you want it with cracked plastic casing (which the majority of them have)

So how has that Coby tab been treating you @Joe88? Have you video chated at all with it?

Just bought one for 118.00 shipped not a bad price.
havnt even tried it, being doing a lot of other stuff though

make sure to check out this thread, just flash it to the custom rom you get it then you can set everything up

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-3/38606-rom-custom-rom-coby-kyros-7042-rooted-deodexed-google-play.html

Reactions: 1 person

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
you have to spend $200 now to get one unless you want it with cracked plastic casing (which the majority of them have)

So how has that Coby tab been treating you @Joe88? Have you video chated at all with it?

Just bought one for 118.00 shipped not a bad price.
havnt even tried it, being doing a lot of other stuff though

make sure to check out this thread, just flash it to the custom rom you get it then you can set everything up

http://www.androidta...oogle-play.html
Yeah I've been following that thread it was ultimately the deciding factor in finally buying one. The Coby should be here this coming Friday, but my sons Acer Iconia will be here on Monday.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It came yesterday haven't gotten a chance to root it yet tho. I Did get a chance to play around with it and I must say I'm really surprised at how well it(the Coby 7042) handles apps and stuff also runs Netflix some thing that the Sylvania couldn't do well. It played everything else that I had put on it. I'm going to root it today and then put a 16GB miroSD in it and go to town on it. I'm also going to try out Skype and Oovoo and see how they preform. Overall so far I feel that it is a solid budget tablet tho and definitely worth the 117$ I paid for it.

The Acer Iconia A100 is just fucken superb. I love it more than my iPad right now. It's super fast and the display is sharper than I expected it to be. If the Coby does well running Skype and Oovoo I may just keep the Acer for myself and buy 2 more Cobys and give one of them to my son.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah so I got it rooted and put most of the games and apps I had back on. Haven't tried Skype or Oovoo yet. Having the Play store on it now is awesome, but a few apps say that they are no longer compatible (like TuneIn Radio and iHeart Radio). I just googled and side loaded them. They are working fine so I don't know what that was all about.

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may be getting an Acer (I think its a A500, not sure) also, my cousin bricked his trying to flash a custom rom so he was going to give it to me to try and fix it

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hope you get the Acer and can fix it. I love the one I got my son. I haven't rooted it yet and probably won't unless there is a really good reason to do so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol