ROM Hack Debugging NDS Games

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I've been looking for a DS Emulator with debugging and breakpoint support and found out that No$GBA is considered to be the best in that regard, so I've downloaded the most recent dev version (2.8) from the official website. However, I can't get it to boot Pokémon Black, which is the game I'd like to work on.
At first it just gave me this message about the save file not being read so I've entered the action replay codes that are supposed to make the game work and reset the game. Now the emulator just gives me the message "Unknown Opcode" and the game just doesn't boot at all.
From what I've read, that's because the game needs the DS BIOS to run properly and has to be loaded through the BIOS memu. So I've put the BIOSNDS7.ROM, BIOSNDS9.ROM and GBA.ROM files into the No$GBA directory but not a single game is able to boot now when I choose to boot into the BIOS. Phantom Hourglass loads perfectly when I set the emulator to skip the BIOS but both Pokemon and Phantom Hourglass give me that Unknown Opcode error I've mentioned before when I try to load the BIOS.
Does anyone know what could be the cause of this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER