baz8755

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
JOCKz said:
pokemongalaxy said:
PharaohsVizier said:
I imagine DX buys huge quantities of everything they sell or work out a deal with the manufacturer. Because this price is above Team Cyclop's wholesale price. So if 2 companies want to make $1000, something smaller scale like dealwoot would have to price their stuff higher, but in China, shipping costs are lower, shipping from the manufacturer to their storage is cheaper as they are both in China, shipping to us is lower because DX ships so many things they must have some sort of deal with the postal companies, and because they buy at huge masses they can price them cheaper. Not to mention that DX's policy is to price things as low as they can, making only a dollar or two on each item max.
I guess thats a good way of proffiting...Even though they profit only a1-2$ per product...lol.

Selling 1000 items and making $1-2 off each is the same as selling 100 items and making $10 off each, also when their suppliers need to clear out old stock etc to make more room, DX will most likely get the stuff @ very low prices, if not free.

Edit - btw anyones status changed ? My order has the "pending" and date removed, hopefully i'll get an email saying its been shipped by monday
biggrin.gif

Mine is at status 'Waiting for supplier'

RobertsD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matriculated said:
DX will probably still charge $35 for everyone that ordered at that price - lucky bastards.
I agree. Most internet sites will honor a posted price, even if it was a typo. My mom has been able to get stuff off of amazon before for much cheaper then normal(ex. a case of something for the price of one of the items inside) because of this. I don't think this was a typo though, most likely it was an introductory offer.

I'm so glad I ordered mine a couple days ago!

Mine also says waiting for supplier. I ordered on the 7th.

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have bought products from DX when they have erroneously posted (by as much $30) the wrong price, and they still honored it. Heck, just recently, I ordered some microSD to Memory Stick Pro Duo adapters from them, and from the time I ordered to about a week and a half after, the price went down $2.00 per item. So, I canceled my order since it hadn't been packaged yet and I put in another order with the same item at the newly lowered price. They issued my refund and sent out the cheaper order. DX is pretty awesome sometimes (well, most of the time). By the way, I paid for my CycloDS Evo at the $35.90 because I felt like something like this would happen.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, CorruptJon, just for the record, I've never regretted any of my purchases from Realhotstuff. My only thing is that I don't like seeing the fine members of gbatemp ever being taken for a ride. I actually considered buying a couple of these Cyclos yesterday from DX, but decided that the risk/reward ratio was all out of whack. I'd rather spend $14 extra and KNOW I am getting what I paid for from a reliable seller. I just hope everyone that ordered one of these discounted Cyclos from DX get's a genuine product. I'm all for Capitalism, brotha.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
QUOTE said:
@Gevexx Friday, July 11, 2008 9:27 AM
"I think DX just smelled how wanted this product is and pushed the price. Or maybe the made a high price so that people lose interest to buy it ^^."

Dx rather lose money then do that, the reason the price got up could be because of a pricing error
Or the most common reason would be that Cyclo Team is forcing us to sell at a higher price

That reply came in just now from one of the DX staff on their forum. The whole reason why they were thought fake was the price. Well there, it was never meant to be $36. And you can all blame Team Cyclops, and praise DX those of you who ordered them while it lasted. I'd never have been able to order one for both myself and for a friend if they hadn't. And DX won't make you pay the new price, they honor the payment. When I had my AK2 refunded it was $23 but they still payed back the $25 I paid back when I ordered. And I didn't even have to ship it back to the store.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Mine didn't, and only I placed my order the day after you. Does that mean I have to wait 7 months? x.=.X

I shoulda used the damn loophole and cancelled my Cyclo order and have it manually added by the staff to an unshipped order that I made the earlier day. That way it woulda looked like my Cyclo order came first. x.=.X

JOCKz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
my order status dosnt seem to be shipped yet, if more msgs start appearing about orsers shipped, i might just cancel one of my CycloDS (ordered 2) and get and SCDS1 or EDGE

Ryjuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You fools, that's just what DX want you people to do, long waits and then cancel the order....

Just have patient, a CycloDS for just $35! Come on this is possibly a one time offer.... but if you people don't have the patient to wait then don't, only better for me
smile.gif

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Gman: Chances slim to none. If you had all believed from the beginning and not asked TC to investigate they wouldn't have upped the price. x.=.X

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The reason they had to increase price is probably because Cyclops Team contacted them to increase price because the price would otherwise be unfair compared to other stores
And if they didn't increase price they just stop selling CycloDS to DX
If Cyclops Team wasn't informed the price would probably still have been $35

JOCKz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Searinox said:
Gman: Chances slim to none. If you had all believed from the beginning and not asked TC to investigate they wouldn't have upped the price. x.=.X

Everyone that reported to TC should now kick themselves in the head !
lecture.gif

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hit said:
The reason they had to increase price is probably because Cyclops Team contacted them to increase price because the price would otherwise be unfair compared to other stores
And if they didn't increase price they just stop selling CycloDS to DX
If Cyclops Team wasn't informed the price would probably still have been $35

If it's one thing I've learned, there are alot of deal killers lurking on these internets (especially on FatWallet and SlickDeals!).

Like the assholes who screw up deals cause they order large multiples of items to resell out of greed, raising a red flag...
Or the assholes who screw up deals cause they call to confirm a low price out of stupidity, raising a red flag...

Thank you, deal killers, for screwing up a good thing for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/NchZ-mHqTb0?si=GSpRRrJ-yLRxQ39E