Homebrew Datatraveler G4 not working on Wii?

MRsonic699

OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Hi, I just bought a 32gb Kingston Datatraveler G4 USB to use with my Wii. CFG USB Loader v70 r36 currently freezes at the booting/loading screen if the USB is plugged in, and I DID also try to plug it in after the countdown starts, but the countdown just freezes as soon as I do. Even more, I tried it with WAD Manager v1.7 with cIOS 249 and it instantly gives me "ERROR! (ret = -1)" if that means anything. Oh and yes, I am plugging it in the right port.

I've tried FAT32 32kb, WBFS and FAT32 8192 bytes. All of them resulted the same. I even tried deleting the partition and formatting again. I'll say it again, It's a Kingston Datatraveler G4, I cannot find it in the USB compatibility list or something. Also, the drive is brand new and works on my PC, and every other USB stick I had for my Wii so far did too.

I'm not exactly sure of my Wii's softmod right now, but I'm using cIOS 249, if there's some kind of recommendation to how I should reinstall/remod my Wii for this to work, I'd try it. I just really wanna make it work and play some good old Wii, I won't say this USB was particularly expensive, but I didn't even get a receipt because I didn't think it through, so I can't return it.

Any kind of help would be appreciated, since I REALLY need some.

EDIT: I tried reloading the USB in WAD Manager v1.7 again without quitting since the error, and it just froze on me too, although music was still playing. I'm just thinking any kind of information could help in a way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...