Gaming Dark-AleX is disappointed.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Alek was part of team M33 and the webmaster of the Dark-Alex forums/tech blog.

A

Azngamer15

xist said:
Did you read the comments from GEN? Apparently despite everything they're insistent on 6.20 CFW by the end of the year.....that's if we're even still on 6.20 OFW then...

I didn't see any comment by GEN, what was it? and if theres anyone that remotely has a chance of telling the truth right now about making a new CFW in the PSP scene, sad to say, it's them....or some random no name chinese/japanese guy

*edit*

nevermind, found it

http://www.pspgweber.com/psp-article648-Cu...-This-Year.html

my stance is still the same

x-files-believe-796806.jpg

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
No, i meant the Non-Engrish version :

QUOTE said:
You know what's funny? It is a simple listing would boost everything.

To date, it would be possible to flash a PSP-3000 and the downgrade by 5.03, to launch a HEN on PSPGo and many more. Why do not spell it in public? Probably because the urge to share is no longer there for various reasons.

Example: when you see the guy who laid Promotheus was allowed to rename without our agreement, our FC have just added a module, it disgusts to offer things in public. This is the kind of thing that demotivates and we have no desire to spend time with people disrespectful of ground rules and our team is focused for over a year on the PS3 (and yes it had been hacked PS Jalbtreak before lol). We have made good progress but again, no releases of note from (at least under the name GEN) for reasons more mundane: Sony loves his PS3 and I prefer leaves come from outside for the moment (as in beginning of the PSP to be more clear)

So to be honest, will probably 6.20GEN public the day before the end of the year. For the rest, it remains to be seen.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think some people don't know when to put up or shut up.
so until someone or some group of people actually do something about it rather than whine, i'll stay on my GEN/Prometheus firmware and continue to happily enjoy my psp.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly got to agree. Since DAX left, there really hasn't been any major leaps in the PSP Scene. One person can't lead the scene, it needs to grow on its own and other developers need to step up to keep it going.

But maybe the PSP scene is at its limit and that's it for it.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The thing is, between 2005 and 2007 the PSP Scene was awesome, so much excitement and fun stuff just popping up almost every day. The release of the 2000 in late 2007 let the energy carry on into some of 2008 but effectively as Alex got less and less visible so did everyone else. Part of that is due to Sony and it's poor support of the console but part is also due to the sort of people who clamour for everything and give back nothing, be it ideas, encouragement, interest or just appreciation.

I miss the old days of the PSP when it was exciting just to own the thing!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Strides like what? I'm literally asking what.

"Strides", "advancements", "excitement"... they're just words that don't mean anything unless they're actually referring to something.

What is everybody referring to? What more is there to do that we don't already have via homebrew/plugins?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
tehnoobshow said:
kudos for Dark-AleX but its time to let go everyone....hes lost his skillz
Why do you say that?
Because he's not currently doing something?
You're not having sex ATM, so I can say you've lost all your in-bed skills?

There's stuff in life way more important than coding a custom firmware for a specific device for free. You know, like a job, and a family.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:

"Strides", "advancements", "excitement"... they're just words that don't mean anything unless they're actually referring to something.

What is everybody referring to? What more is there to do that we don't already have via homebrew/plugins?

Who knows. No-one asked for many things he did but he just worked his magic and it spurred everyone else. You never know what may have happened if he kept up with developments, perhaps a ghost flash0 on the MS, maybe a way to actually overclock the PSP, perhaps even a Pre-IPL hack. There could have been a decent DC emulator? Maybe a totally alternative OS? There's no way of knowing since as the majority of us know sweet FA about the actual in's and out's of what's really possible and what's just fiction it's all just hot air blown back and forth.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xist said:
Rydian said:

Who knows. No-one asked for many things he did but he just worked his magic and it spurred everyone else. You never know what may have happened if he kept up with developments, perhaps a ghost flash0 on the MS, maybe a way to actually overclock the PSP, perhaps even a Pre-IPL hack. There could have been a decent DC emulator? Maybe a totally alternative OS? There's no way of knowing since as the majority of us know sweet FA about the actual in's and out's of what's really possible and what's just fiction it's all just hot air blown back and forth.

There was an attempted alternative OS in the form of "Utopia", the source of what was done so far was released a while back, but I think its been abandoned now...

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Utopia was all but mythical...there are some posts on Lan.st and elsewhere but in the end nothing came of it.

mcsdoode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys.... isn't it obvious to you that DaX was hired by Sony? His salary is probably a fraction of what Sony was losing to his CFW work.
biggrin.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
If Alex worked for Sony there'd be no more PSP exploits. Since this isn't the case, he obviously doesn't.

People are allowed to get bored and move on you know....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!