Hacking Damaged SD port

isacvale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry to bother, but the tutorials to run homebrew aren't working for me at all, and it seems the problem is my WiiU can't read the (or any) SD card - for example, wiiubru.com doesn't work but wiiubru.com/go does (finding no apps to load, of course).

Which leads to my question: would it be possible to load the apps to an USB stick and avoid using the SD at all?

Thanks in advance.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bother, but the tutorials to run homebrew aren't working for me at all, and it seems the problem is my WiiU can't read the (or any) SD card - for example, wiiubru.com doesn't work but wiiubru.com/go does (finding no apps to load, of course).

Which leads to my question: would it be possible to load the apps to an USB stick and avoid using the SD at all?

Thanks in advance.
You can't avoid using an sd card unfortunately.

Do you have another one that you can try? Format the card to fat32.

isacvale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for a quick answer. But yeah, I tried several sd cards already, and formatted them to fat32. Too bad for me, I suppose.
Is there at least a way for me to be *sure* my sd slot is broken? I've found nothing in WiiU's own interface...

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for a quick answer. But yeah, I tried several sd cards already, and formatted them to fat32. Too bad for me, I suppose.
Is there at least a way for me to be *sure* my sd slot is broken? I've found nothing in WiiU's own interface...
you could try to transfer a mii to your sd card using miimaker, and see if that works.

isacvale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You're right. That never occurred to me, but... it worked. It can definitely access the sd card. And I'm back to square one, not knowing what the heck is wrong. Thank you, though.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try loadiine.ovh, and make sure you have something on the sd card to load.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had this exact same issue yesterday, it wasn't until I formated my SD card at fat32 with 32bytes allocation that it suddenly all started working.

Try that, let me know how you get on

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You're right. That never occurred to me, but... it worked. It can definitely access the sd card. And I'm back to square one, not knowing what the heck is wrong. Thank you, though.

isacvale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had this exact same issue yesterday, it wasn't until I formated my SD card at fat32 with 32bytes allocation that it suddenly all started working.
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It worked perfectly! Thank you very much and kudos to you guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show