Hacking CycloDS vs Supercard II

lucablight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With the lack of updates on the CycloDS site and their website going down altogether I was thinking of changing from the CycloDS to a Super Card II. From my understand this is currently the best DS flashcart around in terms of features. Just a few questions.

1.) Is it possible to convert my CycloDS save files so that the Supercard II supports them?

2.) Can I run GBA games through the DS without emulating them with a Supercard II (I have an ez flash v 3 in 1)

3.) How does the support for the Supercard compare to the CycloDS? Does it run games like Pokemon black and white, last window if I use a clean dump?

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
I really don't understand these CycloDS fans.

When you think that CycloDs is the best: Why don't you try to support your card?

The DSTT has (almost) no support, but it gets updates from the community. From real Nintgendo fans that care for each other. And for a simple $5 card.

And you simply don't care? Now you simply switch to the "second best" DS card, just because it's the most expensive one?
unsure.gif

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
1. No need to convert.

2. Yes

3. Support is great, Pokemon B/W work. I don't think Last Window works yet... I could be wrong however.
unsure.gif

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. It is possible.

2. Hmm ... I don't know about this one, but I think it is possible.

3. The support is very good, if not excellent. Pokemon Black and White run perfectly.

Final: Get the SCDS2! It is currently the best flashcart out (feature wise).

Isaac_GS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lucablight said:
With the lack of updates on the CycloDS site and their website going down altogether I was thinking of changing from the CycloDS to a Super Card II. From my understand this is currently the best DS flashcart around in terms of features. Just a few questions.

1.) Is it possible to convert my CycloDS save files so that the Supercard II supports them?

2.) Can I run GBA games through the DS without emulating them with a Supercard II (I have an ez flash v 3 in 1)

3.) How does the support for the Supercard compare to the CycloDS? Does it run games like Pokemon black and white, last window if I use a clean dump?
1) No need, Most DS saves are cross-compatible between cards. Unless you mean Real-Time Saves, those aren't.

2) I don't know. You might want to keep your Cyclo for this, switching between Supercard and Cyclo as needed.

3) The Supercard DSTWO's built-in processor "emulates" the actual retail DS cart, so many games with AP don't need to be patched on the DSTWO. Examples are Dragon Quest IX, Pokemon Black and White Versions, and others that I don't remember. Pokemon BW I specifically remember not needing to patch because it was the only card that worked completely before the patches were made. You might remember that Cyclo also worked without a patch for DQIX (U), but it was the ONLY Exception, and I think that's because they already fixed the AP for the Japanese version. The DSTWO has a much higher success rate, and is still being supported.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
EJames2100 said:
The 3in1 can only be used by using Rudolph's Homebrew I think.
This isnt true. There is a plugin for gba use through the 3in1. Or you can just use the GBA Emulator.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Gariscus said:
1. No need to convert.

2. Yes

3. Support is great, Pokemon B/W work. I don't think Last Window works yet... I could be wrong however.
unsure.gif
Actually, I've heard that Last Window works clean on the DSTwo, it's one of the first posts on the release thread
wink.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Most new games work with AP just work on the DSTWO without any kind of patch, because of the way the DSTWO patches ROMs when loading them (or rather, doesn't patch them).

pichon64

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uruguay
DarthTheufel said:

When you think that CycloDs is the best: Why don't you try to support your card?

What? We have to start a personal crusade to 'save' a flash card each time the support team disappear? No, thank you. If CycloDS is gone, as customers we should move to another product. Most people that 'supports' the DSTT is because they can't afford another card. Sorry for them.

And Supercard DSTwo is the best, no matter the price.

TifasRevenge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarthTheufel said:

The DSTT has (almost) no support, but it gets updates from the community. From real Nintgendo fans that care for each other. And for a simple $5 card.

And you simply don't care? Now you simply switch to the "second best" DS card, just because it's the most expensive one?
unsure.gif

Hey now, I'm moving off of the CycloDS just because it's been abandoned like a stepchild. If there's no longer any support team, wouldn't you do the same thing? Besides, I've had my CycloDS for a while, it is just a matter of upgrading as I would my computer from an Intel P4 to a Quad Core. It's the same thing as going from Windows 98 to XP, no different. The only difference is that Microsoft supports their older products longer, such as XP, even though I'm running Windows 7, but small development teams such as Cyclops Team usually lose support quickly because they have competition, and not enough support for themselves. It's just all a matter of business. Besides, the original poster probably didn't think that the Cyclo is the best right now, you totally read his post wrong thinking he didn't care (or maybe you could just be trolling).

lucablight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks to everyone who answered my questions.

DarthTheufel said:

unsure.gif

lol what? Teamcyclops are the ones that haven't updated the firmware for the latest popular releases. Teamcyclops are the ones who haven't logged onto their forums for months. Teamcyclops who charged their users premium dollars and then didn't even have the courtesy to issue a statement before disappearing.
I don't understand what point you're trying to make? Is buying a card that is still actively supported over one that appears to be dead some kind of betrayal?
You can continue your blind support if you want. I'll move onto another cart where it looks like the developers still give a damn.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
lucablight said:

1. No need to convert, however your game save must be in the same directory/folder as the rom so you might have to move the save files around if you use the alternate save. As for text files, the DSTwo works best with unmodified text files, not ones run through LineBreaker.

2. Yes, but you will need to use the GBA Exploader homebrew app, which works fine except for the soft reset. You can put it on the plugin menu if you want. Rumble is supported natively and there are cheat codes to let the browser work with the 3 in 1's ram.

3. Support is great. They had a fix for DSi firmware 1.4.1 within a day of it's release. Not only that, but unlike the CycloDS you don't have to update the firmware much if at all (there has only been one firmware update) as the firmware is seperate from the GUI and game loader. All of the game fixes are contained within the EOS which is loaded from the SD card which makes updating easy (just download the newest EOS and get the newest ndspatch). Unfortunately, their documentation is not very good and it took quite a bit of trial and error to figure out how to use some of the features.

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
impizkit said:
EJames2100 said:
This isnt true. There is a plugin for gba use through the 3in1. Or you can just use the GBA Emulator.

You do need Rudolph's Exploader.

QUOTE(Terminator02 @ Oct 3 2010, 01:41 PM)
link

That plugin only supports Commercial GBA games and GBA flashcarts, since the 3in1 is just RAM it'll just freeze at the GBA logo or play the last game you mounted using GBA Exploader.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
hullo8d said:
impizkit said:
EJames2100 said:

link

That plugin only supports Commercial GBA games and GBA flashcarts, since the 3in1 is just RAM it'll just freeze at the GBA logo or play the last game you mounted using GBA Exploader.

The 3 in 1 has two modes, RAM (limited to 16MB, but fast) and NOR (very slow to write, but can play any GBA ROM). The GBA Plugin will run the last ROM you flashed to NOR, just like if you had removed the cart and used it on a real GBA (assuming you could get it to fit right).

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hullo8d said:
impizkit said:
EJames2100 said:

link

didn't know this, sorry, I dont' have a 3-in-1
sleep.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Nintendo should do a health PSA like that lol