Gaming cwcheats not showing up in select cheat menu?

nordini

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i've used cwcheat before a lonnng time ago and i don't really remember much but,

I've tried like 3 different games, they're all psx isos that were converted for the psp. Crash Bandicoot 2, 3, and Legend of Legaia.

Anyways, i have the cheats in the cheatpops.db that came with it, and i open the cwcheat menu in game, but when i go to select cheats, all that is there are like black boxes, there's no cheats. It's the same with every game.

Help?

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Buddy,

I am no expert but this is how I am setup and it works:

In your seplugins folder there will be a game.txt and should contain: ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheat.prx 1
In your seplugins folder there will be a pops.txt and should contain: ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheatpops.prx 1

In your seplugins folder there will be a cwcheat folder. This folder shold contain:
cheat.db - this is the cheat file for PSP games
cheatpop.db - this is the cheat file for PSX games
cwcheat.ini - config file for PSP cheats
cwcheat.prx - needed for PSP cheats to work / plugin to execute
cwcheatpop.ini - config file for PSX cheats
cwcheatpops.prx - needed for PSX cheats to work / plugin to execute

There are also 3 folders with data in them in the cwcheat folder but I do not know what they are for: MC and REMAPS and TEXT

Once in the cheat menu (select for a few seconds) coose Select Cheats and acrivate the cheats you want.
Press select to save permanently the cheats on (else they are on for this game load only) and zero to return to the previous menu
Enable Cheats
I also go into settings the first time I used cwcheat for PSP and PSX and "save changes as default" this way Enable cheat will always be ON and you do nto have to set it each time.

Hope that helps
smile.gif

P.s. Ensure that the cheats in the cheat database are for your version of the game. Meaning if you have PAL game then the PAL GameID must be in the database because if the NTSC is the only one there then no cheats will show for your game.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like your database doesn't have any cheats for the games you have or they game id's are an incorrect match to your cheat db.

Grab the database from here and try again with a PSP game. If it works for that then it's definitely a database id mismatch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Is Janet Jackson alive?