Android Customize your Android device! ROOT ONLY!

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
REQUIRES A ROOTED PHONE WITH THE ABILITY TO FLASH ZIP FILES! (Or The ability to use Theme Chooser if you're using Cyanogenmod)

REALLY cool site I found that made me achieve what I thought was not possible on my lil' LG Vortex, completely possible!

It's called Ultimate Online Theme Kitchen!

It's LOADED with different ways to theme your device. It's also a pretty cool online program, it reminds me of a fancy Kitchen restaurant, here's why. No, it doesn't make you any sandwiches, but you go to the "Kitchen" page, and you make everything exactly like how you want it. Then you go to "Submit Work To Kitchen," you will then get a number *that's named after the zip/apk file you will be getting*, That's your "Order" number. (Not that you actually ordered anything,
laugh.gif
) You will then go to the "Pick Up" page and look for your number, the page will refresh automatically as it takes 5 mins to an hour for the kitchen to "Cook" up your order. Once you found your number, you download the file, or in the site's case, "Pick Up Your Order." If it's a Zip file, flash it with your recovery tool, if it's an APK, (Hopefully I get this right, as I'm not a CM Rom user) install it like a program, then select it on ThemeChooser, then reboot your device. There, Easy!

Here are the site's features that are cookin' up in the kitchen!

• Flashing folders for system files (NEW!)
  • Additional patch to fix images (NEW!)
  • Custom battery for MIUI rom (NEW!)
  • Settings download/upload
  • Support for TouchWiz roms
  • Quick settings tab
  • Lockscreen pattern
  • Lockscreen lense style
  • Lockscreen rotating style
  • Lockscreen sliding tabs
  • Lockscreen icons
  • Custom loading circle
  • Custom list dividers
  • Notification window for hdpi/mdpi/ldpi roms
  • Pulldown background animation
  • Volume and Download bar customization
  • Flashing script for Data++ Roms
  • Popup windows customization
  • Support for stock odexed roms
  • Support for GB roms with Sense
  • Optional Theme preview
  • Overscroll glowing
  • Font packs
  • Supporting Theme Chooser for CM7 roms
  • Enable transparency in status bar for GB roms
  • Supporting Gingerbread roms
  • Edify and Amend installation script
  • Supporting hdpi/mdpi/ldpi roms
  • Patch9 images auto-fix
  • Super Circle Battery with %, version [A-P]
  • Custom style battery, version Z
  • Themed icons for status bar
  • Uni-color icons
  • Customizable notification drop-down window
  • Bootanimation changer
  • Corrected files for popular roms/themes
  • Showing battery % while charging
  • Custom charging animations
  • Windows animations
  • Icons for Notification Power Buttons

So whaddya waiting for??!! GET COOKIN'!!!

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Looks interesting, might try it out.

I just have one question, how easy is it to revert changes? Say I make whole theme pack, install it and immediately decide I don't like it, is there a simple back button or such? (other than wallpapers and widgets I've done no theming on android so no idea how it works, I'm used to theming on iOS devices...)

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ThemeChooser; Choose the theme you were using before.

Flashed Zip; Make a Nandroid Backup on the recovery tool before you EVER flash a single Zip, that's any zip of any kind, plus, if you immediately don't like it, just restore using that backup and it'll go back.

When you make your backup on the recovery program on your phone, make sure the .android_secure option is also checked, the boot, system, data, and cache options should be checked already by default.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Will give it a go tomorrow, i got most of the way through the kitchen, but it need some files uploaded, and as I'm sat in bed using an iPad it's more effort than it's currently worth
tongue.gif

What It does remind me of is codethemed for iOS and I've used that a lot so hopefully this will work out just as good
happy.gif

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha I forgot about CodeThemed! It is kind of like it!
tongue.gif
UOT was probably an amazing find for me and hopefully those reading this topic! I'm working on a new theme for myself. Before and After's will be posted. You can do that if you want! Just use the app called "screenshot."

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Used this months ago when I was adding a SuperCircle Battery mod to replace my battery icon on my X10. Haven't used it for my S II yet but it is a pretty good site to keep bookmarked.
If anyone around here uses xda-developers for the Android section it's likely that they'll have noticed it from there before too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk