Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Themes on Zelda :
The Legend of Zelda : Majora Mask.
bgm.bcstm is from the official Majora Mask Theme.
CWAVs is from the official Majora Mask Theme.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time.
bgm.bcstm is from the Title Screen with Loop.
CWAVs is from the official Majora Mask Theme.

The Legend of Zelda : Skyward Sword.
CWAVs is from the official Skyward Sword Theme.
1424707506-zelda-skyward-sword.jpg

The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess.

The Legend of Zelda : Wind Waker.

Thèmes on character from Animés/Manga :
Asia Argento, High School DxD.
bgm.bcstm is from High School DxD New Opening 1 with Loop.

Thèmes on Anime/Manga :
Sword Art Online.
bgm.bcstm is from the Opening 1 Crossing Field with Loop.

Black Bullet.
bgm.bcstm is from the Opening 1 with Loop.

Thèmes on other Vidéos Games :
Bravely Default.
bgm.bcstm is from the Flying Fairy OST 01 - Prelude Moving Toward Hope with Loop.

Bravely Default.
bgm.bcstm is from the Flying Fairy OST 01 - Prelude Moving Toward Hope with Loop.
can someone reupload the sao one?

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to get rid of the white boxes on the top screen? (top left and along the whole right of the screen)
Edit/create theme with yata. This app fixed alot of theme issues, including the white box. white on the right of the screen sounds like a wrong image resolution.

Anfroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Anfroid,
Reactions: WeedZ

Septimo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm out of the loop. What are you guys using to make themes with sound and all that jazz?
How do you convert themes into a .CIA?

You can use Lenan's YATA mod to create your themes. Make sure you use the "Save for 3DS" option when you're done editing your theme or you'll end up with inverted colors. It's a little buggy--especially the color palette editor--but it gets the job done.

In order to get sounds working with your theme you need to use xextil's Custom Theme Cwavs. You can refer to the topic on what format your files need to be in for your sound effects to work, but the tool you'll need to convert your files is obtained illegally, so you'll need to figure out what and how to get it. I know it's a pain, but it's against the rules--and illegal--to share it.

As for converting your themes into a CIA--I don't know, exactly. It can be done and I remember reading about it somewhere, but I'd personally rather not go through the trouble. CHMM is easy to use and very convenient as it is. Anyway, look it up and I'm sure you'll find out more information.

Lastly, be sure to back up your theme cache before experimenting with themes. You can temporarily brick your 3DS by corrupting the theme cache, which prevents you from booting into the home menu and subsequently SysNAND/EmuNAND. Backup your theme's cache in your exdata folder: EUR "000002ce", USA "000002cd", JPN "000002cc" Restore it if--when--you run into any problems.

Those are pretty much the basics.

Last edited by Septimo,

Septimo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been meaning to do a Sword Art Online theme and I finally got around to it! I took a bit of time getting the sound effects just right and I'm very happy with them. The majority of the sound effects are from Sword Art Online's GUI, with a couple taken from the PSP game. They all fit very well together, I think. I made some custom folders which are inspired by the Knights of Blood. The BGM is an instrumental version of Crossing Field.

JSBRFz1.png
JSBRFz1.png

I also got my PAL Cubic Ninja, so I'm inspired to create some classic game themes to use with my white New 3DS. I thought about a Punch Out! theme the other day, so maybe I'll churn something out soon. Anyway!

Download

Last edited by Septimo,

RepeatingDigits

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
You can use Lenan's YATA mod to create your themes. Make sure you use the "Save for 3DS" option when you're done editing your theme or you'll end up with inverted colors. It's a little buggy--especially the color palette editor--but it gets the job done.

In order to get sounds working with your theme you need to use xextil's Custom Theme Cwavs. You can refer to the topic on what format your files need to be in for your sound effects to work, but the tool you'll need to convert your files is obtained illegally, so you'll need to figure out what and how to get it. I know it's a pain, but it's against the rules--and illegal--to share it.

As for converting your themes into a CIA--I don't know, exactly. It can be done and I remember reading about it somewhere, but I'd personally rather not go through the trouble. CHMM is easy to use and very convenient as it is. Anyway, look it up and I'm sure you'll find out more information.

Lastly, be sure to back up your theme cache before experimenting with themes. You can temporarily brick your 3DS by corrupting the theme cache, which prevents you from booting into the home menu and subsequently SysNAND/EmuNAND. Backup your theme's cache in your exdata folder: EUR "000002ce", USA "000002cd", JPN "000002cc" Restore it if--when--you run into any problems.

Those are pretty much the basics.

So I got the files I needed and I'm converting just fine. Now the question I have is: while in Custom Theme CWavs, where exactly do I have to put the BGM? Or do I do that somewhere else?

Septimo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got the files I needed and I'm converting just fine. Now the question I have is: while in Custom Theme CWavs, where exactly do I have to put the BGM? Or do I do that somewhere else?

After you've generated your file with your sound effects using Custom Theme Cwavs, you can inject it into your theme using YATA under Edit > Import CWAVs.

Reactions: Sirius64

RepeatingDigits

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
After you've generated your file with your sound effects using Custom Theme Cwavs, you can inject it into your theme using YATA under Edit > Import CWAVs.
Oh, so for example if my theme already had a BGM, I can just import the file with my sound effects and not worry about the BGM at all?

Septimo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, so for example if my theme already had a BGM, I can just import the file with my sound effects and not worry about the BGM at all?

Yes, you can leave the BGM just as it is. Alternatively, you can use your own BGM by using nastys' BRSTM/BCSTM Conversion Tool. First convert your BGM to BRSTM, then convert that to BCSTM. Finally, rename the output file to bgm.bcstm and put it in the root of your theme's folder, where your body_LZ.bin is. You now have a BGM.

Reactions: Sirius64

RepeatingDigits

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Yes, you can leave the BGM just as it is. Alternatively, you can use your own BGM by using nastys' BRSTM/BCSTM Conversion Tool. First convert your BGM to BRSTM then convert that to BCSTM. Finally, rename it to bgm.bcstm and put it in the root of your theme's folder, where body_LZ is. You now have a BGM.
Thanks! I understand everything now. I thought the sfx were stored on BGM.bcstm, you see, but I just realized they're stored on body_LZ.bin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it