Homebrew Custom game icons tutorial and sharing hub

htluga

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm trying to update my icons, but after I transfer them correctly via ftdp and reboot my switch, still no change is happening. anybody an idea what I am doing wrong?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to update my icons, but after I transfer them correctly via ftdp and reboot my switch, still no change is happening. anybody an idea what I am doing wrong?

You have sys-tweak running? You can check w/ hekate toolbox (or deep sea toolbox) or better yet, Sysmodules Overlay

image.jpg

Also, do you have a screenshot of where you placed the files?

Reactions: lordelan

htluga

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You have sys-tweak running? You can check w/ hekate toolbox (or deep sea toolbox) or better yet, Sysmodules Overlay

View attachment 347410

Also, do you have a screenshot of where you placed the files?
after updating it, the icons got changed. Thank you very much!
Post automatically merged:

@binkinator do you also have the link for the thread of requesting icons? I am kinda not able to find it, but I am quite sure one exists... or is this the thread?

Last edited by htluga,
  • Love
Reactions: binkinator

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
after updating it, the icons got changed. Thank you very much!
Post automatically merged:

@binkinator do you also have the link for the thread of requesting icons? I am kinda not able to find it, but I am quite sure one exists... or is this the thread?

You can grab your own icons with either icongrabber or using nx-gix

ch13696

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason atmosphere is stuck at the boot logo whenever sys-tweak is enabled. In order for me to get out of the I have to remove the 00FF747765616BFF folder. Am I missing something in the installation of sys-tweak for it to do this? This is what I have in the folder

Screenshot 2023-01-29 125832.png

And this is what I have in the toolbox.json file

Screenshot 2023-01-29 125900.png

In the flags folder is the boot2.flag file and it's blank.

I'm also on 15.0.1 and Atmosphere v1.4.1

Last edited by ch13696,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason atmosphere is stuck at the boot logo whenever sys-tweak is enabled. In order for me to get out of the I have to remove the 00FF747765616BFF folder. Am I missing something in the installation of sys-tweak for it to do this? This is what I have in the folder

View attachment 350072

And this is what I have in the toolbox.json file

View attachment 350073

In the flags folder is the boot2.flag file and it's blank.

I'm also on 15.0.1 and Atmosphere v1.4.1

I’m on 15.0.1 | AMS 1.4.1E

image.jpg

…and booting up with sys-tweak enabled and running w/o any issues.

image.jpg

Check to make sure you’re using the latest version from @SodaSoba that he linked in this thread.

If that’s not it, maybe it’s something else that sys-tweak is enabling that’s causing the issue, but latest sys-tweak by itself runs fine on my Mariko.

Reactions: ch13696

ch13696

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m on 15.0.1 | AMS 1.4.1E

View attachment 350081

…and booting up with sys-tweak enabled and running w/o any issues.

View attachment 350082

Check to make sure you’re using the latest version from @SodaSoba that he linked in this thread.

If that’s not it, maybe it’s something else that sys-tweak is enabling that’s causing the issue, but latest sys-tweak by itself runs fine on my Mariko.

Turns out that was it. I wasn't using the latest linked. For anyone that stumbles onto this here's a link written up by @SodaSoba

https://sodasoba1.github.io/NSW-Custom-Game-Icons/sys-tweak/

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turns out that was it. I wasn't using the latest linked. For anyone that stumbles onto this here's a link written up by @SodaSoba

https://sodasoba1.github.io/NSW-Custom-Game-Icons/sys-tweak/
Didn’t mean to send you that far and wide. I meant this one here in this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-game-icons-tutorial-and-sharing-hub.574675/post-9738297

regardless it’s the same files and it’s double good you found his git web page ‘cause there are tons of info in there.

ch13696

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The issue I'm unsure of is the hosting of systweak.nsp on my git as the creator seems to automate the build process on their own repo and the artifacts now delete after a period of time.
I would imagine eventually you will have to build the nsp yourself for now I link to the one I use on gba temp but might upload a mega file too

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue I'm unsure of is the hosting of systweak.nsp on my git as the creator seems to automate the build process on their own repo and the artifacts now delete after a period of time.
I would imagine eventually you will have to build the nsp yourself for now I link to the one I use on gba temp but might upload a mega file too

Can never have an artifact stored in too many places.

I just built a copy in my own build environment because I got nervous about it…just to make sure. Still good!

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Made 2 custom icons. One of em contains Art of the Artist baku-inu. am not sure if i am allowed to share it. i send em. i remove if wanted.

Attachments

• icon.jpg
    icon.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 58
  • icon2.jpg
    icon2.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 49

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol