Gaming Cuphead firware requirement?

Sem112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anybody know which firware version is needed to play Cuphead on the switch? I tried installing it trough Tinfoil but got an error. My switch is currently on firmware 6.2.0.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
from what i read, base is 7 or 7.1, the update is 8.

but both supposedly work with goldleafs ignore firmware install (not sure if tinfoil does)

Sem112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the quick answers! I checked again and the problem was the update which I tried to install simultaneously with the game NSP

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
definitely works when installed with goldleaf ignoring firmware

edit: but didn't work installing with tinfoil ignoring firmware. just gave me the 'couldn't connect to the internet' message, i assume it wanted to get the 8 update

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On 7.0.1 Atmosphere 0.86 doing USB install from Goldleaf 0.5 and Goldtree. Both base and update install fine w/ignore firmware. With just base the game prompts you to download a required update. With the update it just freezes the system for me on the Switch logo after starting to load.

taggen86

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Base game works fine on atmos 8.6.0 with 7.0.1 fw when not ignoring fw. I am afraid to update the game since someone mentioned it requiring 8.0.0. Does anyone know what the update does?

Last edited by taggen86,

WhoIAm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Base game works fine on atmos 8.6.0 with 7.0.1 fw. I am afraid to update the game since someone mentioned it requiring 8.0.0. Does anyone know what the update does?

Not sure what the update does but don't worry, it doesn't require 8.0.0. I installed both base and update just fine on 7.0.1 (w/ atmos 8.7 through the kosmos package)

taggen86

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
from what i read, base is 7 or 7.1, the update is 8.

but both supposedly work with goldleafs ignore firmware install (not sure if tinfoil does)

Source for the 8.0 bit?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not sure what the update does but don't worry, it doesn't require 8.0.0. I installed both base and update just fine on 7.0.1 (w/ atmos 8.7 through the kosmos package)
Did you choose to ignore fw when installing?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Source for the 8.0 bit?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you choose to ignore fw when installing?

many people reporting that they couldn't get the game to start after updating i guess.
when i installed with tinfoil, it wanted to go online and declining wouldn't start it. so i guess it generally wants higher than 7.0.1.

ignoring seems to work, but only through goldleaf.

beard00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Base game uses the masterkey for 6.x (6.2 I think) - you could try re-encrypting it, but it still might not work if it needs higher sdk.

New games generally won't run on 5.x from now on, why not update without burning fuses?

I am on 6.0 and would like to update - but after reading several horror stories from this forum about Switches that don't start after updating offline etc, I am a bit wary about updating. I don't want to lose my installed games and saves, and don't want to brick my Switch..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played