ROM Hack CTRPluginFramework - Blank Plugin - Now with Action Replay

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Short answer: yes, but it depends on the code
Long answer: We would need very specific information to see what's causing the crash. For starters, what's the game? What's the value being frozen? What are you freezing the value at? How does the value interact with other parts of the game? There's a reason some codes that seem like they should be simple wind up being very long. You have to find workarounds or displace the code to get the desired result. More often than not, the desired result is much more complicated than "find single value and freeze at desired integer". Just take a look at some of the codes ymyn writes. Most of the ones I've used are him writing to empty memory and then inserting that code into a different part of the memory.

Hopefully this gives you a better idea of why you're running into this issue. I don't write code myself, but I understand how a lot of it works, so I may be able to point you in the right direction.

Yeah, I figured out the problem. It's my fault. I change the wrong part of the code that's why it always crashed.

Reactions: Arikaido

Zaybokk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Nanquitas, question please, well i tried as suggested the part--*It's now "official" CTRPF have it's own Action Replay system. It means that it can now load your cheats from a text file (so no more needs for any converter or compilation).
CTRPF supports all Gateshark code types and even add some custom code types to increase the possibilities of the codes.

You can find a list with all the supported codes here: List of all codetype.

CTRPF support Folder and note managing and also have it's own editor.
Which means that you can edit, create and delete the codes at runtime, without the need for anything else.

The cheats files can be at 2 locations:

• cheats.txt in the same folder of the plugin
    • sd:/cheats/<tid>.txt - Replace <tid> by the title id of the game
* on doing it only using the cheat.txt part??.. little confused here
for some reason(s).. please enlighten on this:

#1: does the cheat.txt as you say need to be as simply put hence just cheat.txt
named this way?... or *-(your name of txt here)*.txt how should it be named!??..

#2: what version(s) if it even matters at all of luma version needed-(im at this point 8.1.1) i didnt update for couple reasons one, just found out
there is a newer update , two, didnt think it matters or not if updated to newer version of luma but its not explained on this issue!!??.

#3: --*Note that I didn't create those cheats, and some cheats might not work.
If a cheat is not working, it just means that the cheat is wrong: no support will be done for cheats not working, I'm not here to fix all cheats, so create another thread (or move to another existing thread), thank you.

You can also find codes here:

Known bug

On N3DS, if the game uses the N3DS's HID (cstick, zl & zr), it won't work.
Easy fix:

• Open Rosalina
    • Go in the Miscellaneous options menu
    • Start the Input Redirection
    • That's it, go back to your game, it should work now
*-- , : okay, you say Open Rosalina*, but issue is here one needs to be explained something please, not all here are experts on this matter Nan.. how do we*-(as in people like me begginers or noob(s)* is we even have Rosalina or if its even working for that matter!!??..
4#: Rosalina okay and if we do have it and its working properly per say, what version is needed and how do we know or find out what version we have again not all of us know these things i know basic stuff i know there is a menu of some kind when i press L trigger + D pad down + Select, then it opens a menu and enable the debugger then what!!??, and also i have n3ds xl it is modded not hardmod but softmod, i have luma3ds version 8.1.1, and you also say something about the file *boot.firm* and then renaming the other one(s) boot.firm.bak okay question then on this, okay say i already have a file called *boot.firm* in the root of my micro-sd card inside the 3ds before doing all this stuff, and then i also have a file *boot.firm.bak* which im not even exactly sure what there for as in when i first started hacking the console long ago in the Plailect guide-* https://github.com/Plailect/Guide_3DS * to mod the console in the first place i thought this file was for to have it boot properly!!?.. confused here because if i replaced it with your *boot.firm file the luma boot file or cfw file if thats what this file is.. then wouldnt that make it not boot no more? or crash!!!?? it happen before why i asked... and also if it doesnt go in that directory then what directory, see here's the thing my main issue on most guide(s) like your Nan, btw amazing work bro really is thanks, but issue(s) like these would really help if the **file directories** was explained exactly as intended, and also i heard or read some where before about xxxxxxx.firm file(s)** can't these type of file(s) also go into this directory(s): :sdcard\luma\payloads or this one: :sdcard\luma\sysmodules or maybe even this one: :sdcard\luma as i read somewhere at one time that these directories could be potential or can be used as in to boot other things like CFW extensions or something like that example like Godmode9 or something like that is this what your meaning as in where to actually put this *boot.firm* file at because i tried putting this file into the root of my sdcard and renaming all the others .bak .bak.bak .bak.bak.bak inside of my console and it was a no go it didn't work as intended and also i tried the cheat.txt file(s) inside plugin folder also does this file need to be with or without the *actual plugin.plg* file inside with it to actually work ??, and also you say* I remind you that you can use 2 plugins (or more, but only 1 Ctrpf plugin though) at the same time, and so you can use this blank plugin with another plugin which will have your cheats*.. okay, well i tried this tool: - https://github.com/DarkFlare69/Gateway-To-NTR-Converter - by DarkFlare69 to convert to your Ctrpf format .plg file but it also was a no go it didn't work , so my question is also how to get the plugin.plg* file format to yours or can it be in NTR.plg file format or what is needed to convert properly here to get these plugin.plg file format(s) to work???.. sorry just really confused here man i tried the basic stuff but it was a no go.... and as always man thank you for your hard work !! keep it up....

Last edited by Zaybokk,

Gamerjin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to make the plugin loader from Rosalina turn on by default on the N3DS?
there used to be, but it caused more problem than solutions at that time...
but that was awhile back, so i dont know for sure if another fork exist for luma plugin loader....

Zaybokk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
at least someone let me know the exact *file directories* please because without the proper and exact file directories i could be at this limitless of time and thank you for future response if any* .. because i tried using the cheat.txt file method *quote*: can be used WITHOUT* the need or file *plugin.plg as i understand it and also please enlighten someone another issue i have: how to get or find link or something to a windows program if any** exist that can convert cheat.txt(s) file(s) to his Nan's custom format: CTRPF .plg or such and as always thanks!! .. please dont tell me to try these one(s): Gateshark2NTR; and the one from Darkflare69 , i tried and don't work at least on my rig and im not about to even begin to start removing stuff on my pc because i have too much stuff and wouldnt no where to begin or even add or take off programs to get them working if even possible in the first place

Gamerjin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone let me know the exact *file directories*
That depends on your setup:
for example, if you are using luma to activate the plugin...
then The Action Replay plugin would go here:
"Sd:\luma\plugins\ActionReplay\ActionReplay.plg"

Otherwise:
"Sd:\plugins\ActionReplay\ActionReplay.plg"

as for the Cheat file....
that can be one of two ways:
1)under "Sd:\cheats\<the 16 digit code of title>.txt"
(example, "Mighty Gunvolt Burst" tid is 00040000001C7700, so its "Sd:\cheats\00040000001C7700.txt")

2)if you have a working plugin(i think with beta 4.0 its possible.)
then: "Sd:\<path to plugin>\cheats.txt will work.

im sorry if this doesn't explain it correctly.

Last edited by Gamerjin,
Reactions: 0x3000027E

Bluespheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've got a question, what do I do when freezing a value doesn't work? I was playing around editing a monster's attack in Monster Hunter Gen, but when I try to freeze a value to a higher or lower one, the value doesn't freeze nor it overrides itself... sometimes, for example, a monster's speed does sometimes locks and works, other times it doesn't, but attack is always what it's supposed, i've never stumbled into a similar case, any reason what to do in this situation?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a question, what do I do when freezing a value doesn't work? I was playing around editing a monster's attack in Monster Hunter Gen, but when I try to freeze a value to a higher or lower one, the value doesn't freeze nor it overrides itself... sometimes, for example, a monster's speed does sometimes locks and works, other times it doesn't, but attack is always what it's supposed, i've never stumbled into a similar case, any reason what to do in this situation?
for one, there are two monster slots on quests. also, it may be moved to different portions of memory each quest. There should be a pointer involved in that case.

Bluespheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks, I know that these values are handled by pointers, I have made a cheats that alter the monsters' Hp (Thanks to Nanquitas for making an example about this one), size and just a few minutes ago, speed, (I'm planning on releasing them all when finished) however, whenever I try to change what I believe is the attack value, it doesn't change in the slightest, the values match (based on info in Kiranico) and even change according to the rage multiplier (again thanks to Kiranico) when the monster enters rage mode, but unlike speed, which also changed whenever the code was deactivated, this one doesn't ever change, I'm starting to believe it isn't even the right address to begin with, I was just curious if anyone ever had a similar experience to mine.

Also, is it a glitch that you can't change the values inside the "Free Cheats" section? I often change some values there and they reset to what they were before, is this normal behavior?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I know that these values are handled by pointers, I have made a cheats that alter the monsters' Hp (Thanks to Nanquitas for making an example about this one), size and just a few minutes ago, speed, (I'm planning on releasing them all when finished) however, whenever I try to change what I believe is the attack value, it doesn't change in the slightest, the values match (based on info in Kiranico) and even change according to the rage multiplier (again thanks to Kiranico) when the monster enters rage mode, but unlike speed, which also changed whenever the code was deactivated, this one doesn't ever change, I'm starting to believe it isn't even the right address to begin with, I was just curious if anyone ever had a similar experience to mine
try finding the multiplier itself and tweaking that. It works for the player (though that code is more ASM patching than 'normal' value set/freeze code)

is it a glitch that you can't change the values inside the "Free Cheats" section? I often change some values there and they reset to what they were before, is this normal behavior?
Just make an AR cheat for it. you can access the memory viewer in the AR code editor, so copying the address manually is easy. Free cheats are begin phased out and likely don't function, which might be your problem in the first place.

Reactions: 0x3000027E

Bluespheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think this is the multiplier, I've have found another attack value, but that other one seemed to be quest specific since it didn't change when I re-entered the quest multiple times, although I was able to change that one. I'll look into ASM patching, I've read about it before but never really looked into it.

Yeah, I just use them to kinda have a cleaner look on the address when I go get pointers, I was just wondering if that was normal behavior.

Voland

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Has anyone else encountered following bug:
It’s well known that cstick, zl & zr don’t work when ctrpf activated, you have to go to rosalina menu and start input redirection. But that’s where next bug arise. If you decide to take a break in game session and close the lid,when you open your ds it won’t go back from sleep,stays at black screen. At first i thought it happened only with one game,but it happens with all of them when you activate cstick and z-buttons through rosalina menu when ctrpf activated. Is there workaround for this?

Last edited by Voland,

Bluespheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think there is no workaround, just remember to not close the lid while using it, I've also encountered this bug while not activating input redirection, kinda annoying but it can be worked around.

Voland

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Thanks for replies! I noticed it too just recently in another game that input redirection doesn’t connected with ctrpf at all,even when i don’t activate ctrpf but activate input redirection it crashes sleep mode of ds. Patiently waiting for an update then. Thanks Nanquitas for all your hard work, ctrpf plugin is masterpiece.

Reactions: Nanquitas

shakkar23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... I have the Ntr Framework is the folders supposed to look like D:/cheats/cheats.txt D:\luma\plugin\0004000000086300/ACNL-NTR-Cheats.plg and plugin.plg, because it doesnt work, i have all the other animal crossing version like D:\luma\plugin\0004000000198E00/plugin.plg and the others, is one of my file named wrong? i need help on how its supposed to be set to. I also have D:\plugin\0004000000086300/plugin.plg D:\cheats\0004000000086300/plugin.plg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nvm i looked back in the comments above and saw that it was supposed to be D:\luma\plugins and not D:\luma\plugin

Iggy1189

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Nanquitas I'm trying to use the Ultra SuMo plugin from AnalogMan but every time I go to use one, it crashes my game and reboots the system. Did I possibly place something in the wrong location?

The_Roger

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I cant name a folder as "<tid>", so how do i set up this thing? Im already using a Old3DS with custom firmare, gm9, Luma, etc., have a .plg cheats ntr loader that works on the other games but not for UltraSun, so im here because this seems to work on Old3DS.

So, basically i have to put the updated luma file ovewriting the old one... and then?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol