Hacking Creating WADs from installed cIOS's

portugeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just used "d2x cIOS Installer" to install a couple cIOS's into various slots. I then loaded up YABDM so I could dump those newly installed cIOS's as WADs. During the process it's asking me if I want to choose "Real" or "FakeSigned" for the Ticket and the TMD.

I'm not sure what the difference is between "Real" and "FakeSigned." Any help with this would be appreciated.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can only use the fake signing with something that wasn't downloaded directly from Nintendo's servers. There is no way to generate a real signature, YABDM uses the one in NAND.

If you want WADs of your cIOSes why don't you just use ModMii to generate them?

portugeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can only use the fake signing with something that wasn't downloaded directly from Nintendo's servers. There is no way to generate a real signature, YABDM uses the one in NAND.
Would it be best to keep the one from my NAND, or should I just FakeSign? Because, not only would I like to keep these as backups, but I would like to be able to install them on my friends Wii if necessary.

If you want WADs of your cIOSes why don't you just use ModMii to generate them?
Because ModMii doesn't allow me the flexibility of choosing which slot and IOS base combinations I want.

It defaults to slots 249 and 250. And, when I have been able to choose my own Slot, it's been overly complicated. It doesn't give me any options I'm familiar with. I want a specific version of d2x paired with a specfic base, installed into a specific slot. d2x cIOS Installer lets me do that. Now I just need them backed up as WADs.

Last edited by portugeek,

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
don't forget you can also use ShowMiiWads to install to any slot - load up, right-click then 'choose IOS slot'
remember to change the wad name also, else it can get confusing :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker