• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a thread about covid vaccines, and yet you're trying to make it about US politics....yep you're still dumb.
You MAGAs were the ones who made it political. It was mostly red counties dying of covid once vaccines were available.
Post automatically merged:

I can't believe it's 2023 and people are still crying over the inconvenience of helping keep shit from spreading. Sad world we're living in.

They are objectively stupid people. That's not up for debate. To be anti vaccine is to be anti science. I guess they could take the de-wormer while they take a bleach enema or whatever Trump told em to do

Reactions: Xzi and The Catboy

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I can't believe it's 2023 and people are still crying over the inconvenience of helping keep shit from spreading. Sad world we're living in.
It's pointless trying to stop it, pretty much everyone in the world has been exposed to it by now. It's strain is that weak now that it's no more dangerous than a weak common cold. You're in more danger from the side effects of an experimental vaccine than what you are from covid. If you had natural immunity you'd be 100x better immunised than you would from any covid vaccine and you wouldn't need to worry about any side effects. Nature is far better at dealing with these things than some money orientated mega company who's only goal is profits.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Thanks to you idiots. Again, imagine if you MAGAs were around at the time of polio and smallpox.
Dude, WTF are you on about?

Most people on here have had loads of tried and tested vaccines and have never had any issues getting them, Suddenly a new experimental vaccine is pushed out in record time with prettty much zero testing and no studies done on it's side effects and some people that have questions are suddeny tarred by retards such as yourself as "anti-vaxxers".

Once again you try to bring politics into a thread about vaccines, get a life you boring oik!

Also most people never needed a vaccine and were in no danger even if they caught covid. People that were likely to die were morbildy obese or near to death anyway - they were the ones that should have been offered the vaccine and everyone else should have been left alone to get on with it. As for the people that created and funded covid - they should be in prison.

Last edited by mrdude,

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, WTF are you on about?

Most people on here have had loads of tried and tested vaccines and have never had any issues getting them, Suddenly a new experimental vaccine is pushed out in record time with prettty much zero testing and no studies done on it's side effects and some people that have questions are suddeny tarred by retards such as yourself as "anti-vaxxers".

Once again you try to bring politics into a thread about vaccines, get a life you boring oik!

Also most people never needed a vaccine and were in no danger even if they caught covid. People that were likely to die were morbildy obese or near to death anyway - they were the ones that should have been offered the vaccine and everyone else whould have been left alone to get on with it. As for the people that created and funded covid - they should be in prison.
You're a fucking dumbass who can't source their claims with reliable, peer reviewed data.

Reactions: Xzi and The Catboy

NoobletCheese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The only way people like you will learn, is when they finally put something in the mandatory injections which you don't like, or are unsure about. But not until then.

I said it before: why would anyone want their boss deciding what goes in their body? Why not just retain your ability to choose? Why hand it over to other people? Why do you think other people are better than you at choosing what goes in your body?

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I just have to ask again, of anyone who believes in getting this vaccine.
If it WORKS, and if it actually protects you, then why would it matter if someone else chooses not to get the jab?
If it's that effective, and will prevent you from contracting this new form of SARS, shouldn't you be totally fine?
Either you believe it works or you don't. If you believe, then have faith! You're TOTALLY safe!
Just ask Jill Biden, one of the people on the planet who has some of the best healthcare provided to anyone in the world.
Oh, wait. Quintuple-jabbed Dr. Jill JUST got COVID...
I'm not sure if it's on purpose at this point to not know what vaccines are meant to do. I'd like to think that someone has told you what they do after this long, but with the way people stay inside their own bubbles, you never know....

Just a little refresher: Vaccines do NOT stop you from getting whatever virus it's meant to protect against. The vaccine is a weakened version of the virus that teaches your body how to fight it if it invades your body in the future. Jill Biden getting it again is expected, as it is for all of us. And as expected, her symptoms are mild.

As for your question of "if it works, then why would it matter if someone else chooses not to", this is also another very common question that has more than likely been answered to you many times over, but you choose to ignore. The most people who have lesser symptoms leaves less of a chance to spread the virus. It also helps people who are have Immunodeficiencies and are unable to take the vaccine.

At this point, I doubt there's been a single person on earth that hasn't contracted that damn thing at least once, and we all should have some form of immunity, so the vaccine isn't really as necessary anymore in my opinion. If the virus mutates again to a version that our body isn't ready for, this whole fiasco will start fresh again. I'm just wondering what death rate it would take to get people to stop being selfish. Apparently a 1% death rate near the start of the pandemic wasn't enough to get people to act reasonably. Would 5% do it? 10%? Hell, I'm sure if it was a 100% death rate, you'd still get nutter's saying it wasn't real on their deathbeds.

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If not for antivaxxers there was a better chance of it being eradicated.
So back to my inquiry. Why is endemic status of an antigen a pathogen bad when it typically indicates less occurrences of severe disease? After we have determined why endemic status is bad, then we may move onto the question of antigen pathogen eradication within the context of coronavirus infections including SARS-CoV-1, SARS-CoV-2, MERS-CoV, and general H-CoVs.

Last edited by Mythrandir,

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So back to my inquiry. Why is endemic status of an antigen bad when it typically indicates less occurrences of severe disease? After we have determined why endemic status is bad, then we may move onto the question of antigen eradication within the context of coronavirus infections including SARS-CoV-1, SARS-CoV-2, MERS-CoV, and general H-CoVs.
A step below endemic would have been preferable and wasn't impossible

wiiu20603

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So back to my inquiry. Why is endemic status of an antigen bad when it typically indicates less occurrences of severe disease? After we have determined why endemic status is bad, then we may move onto the question of antigen eradication within the context of coronavirus infections including SARS-CoV-1, SARS-CoV-2, MERS-CoV, and general H-CoVs.

I don't think you're using the word 'antigen' correctly.

Deleted member 672055

Trophies
XP
Thanks to you idiots. Again, imagine if you MAGAs were around at the time of polio and smallpox.
hate to break it to you but 'murikkka is not the only country in this world, and not everyone who's an online moron must be automatically a trump-loving MAGAmutt. grow up and look at the world map at least once

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

No,I also do not want Flu Vaccines.
My still intact Immune System is too valuable for me to be destroyed by certain Chemicals / Poisons and Viruses = Vaccines.

If People want it,of course,please,they should get it,please.:)
Status - Same - Thankfully Healthy and in Jolly good Mood.❤️😉

Heard about some new "Tyrolia" or so Variation in Israel.
Austria´s Media immediately got very excited (hyped) at the same Moment..
The People in Austria not really,rather the opposite - annoyed.

Anyway...here in Austria it is over,but

The Media and Politics in Austria try again and again every day,if something “new” (Flu, Cold, etc.) appears in increased Numbers, they should immediately jump back on the vaccination bandwagon and “incite” the Population against each other again.

oprah-you-can-go-fuck-yourself.gif

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
It's pointless trying to stop it, pretty much everyone in the world has been exposed to it by now. It's strain is that weak now that it's no more dangerous than a weak common cold. You're in more danger from the side effects of an experimental vaccine than what you are from covid. If you had natural immunity you'd be 100x better immunised than you would from any covid vaccine and you wouldn't need to worry about any side effects. Nature is far better at dealing with these things than some money orientated mega company who's only goal is profits.
You're both insane and incorrect. Don't bother trying to convert me to your cult, it won't work.
Post automatically merged:

Also most people never needed a vaccine and were in no danger even if they caught covid. People that were likely to die were morbildy obese or near to death anyway - they were the ones that should have been offered the vaccine and everyone else should have been left alone to get on with it.
Consider that vaccines don't exist solely to protect the recipient when it comes to virus vaccinations, but also other people around them, especially those who are immunocompromised and/or cannot vaccinate for medical reasons. There's more to this world than "me, me, me", believe it or not. Have some empathy.

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you're using the word 'antigen' correctly.

Thank you for the catch! I meant pathogen and my mind was stuck on antigen.

A step below endemic would have been preferable and wasn't impossible

That's an awkward way of putting it. Would you please elaborate how this explains why endemic status of a pathogen is a bad thing? Also, what would are the "steps" above and below endemic?

Edit: Are you referring to the levels of disease prevalence? If so, sporadic would not be eradication.

Last edited by Mythrandir,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think most people here would benefit from some kind of dewormer to be honest. Personally, I felt that natural immunity was thrown under the bus only to ensure more people bought into the vaccine, despite "the science". We are "the science".

• Love
Reactions: Alexander1970

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
People who go around injecting others without their consent are lizards.

The law says that valid consent must be free from coercion, so no matter how much you want to deny it you absolutely are injecting people without their consent. Otherwise bosses could say "date me or you're fired" and a "yes" would be valid consent in your view, which is absurd.

Nowhere in my employment contract does it say I may be required to take all these injections of novel genetic material. If you want to breach our legal contract then you must provide some valid reason, such as that I pose a significant risk in the workplace. But of course you can't do that because I've tested negative for Covid, and/or positive for antibodies (natural immunity, which CDC admits is superior to vaccination), and you have your 4 doses of vaccines and N95 masks protecting you, and half of your vaccinated staff are already unvaccinated in terms of ability to catch and spread the virus, which completely shatters your disingenous and fraudulent claim that the risk level of having unvaccinated people in the work place was ever unacceptably high.
Contracts are subject to change and are not indefinite, that’s number one. Number two, we’ve already established that the obligation to comply is (in this case) on the employer, not on you. It is the employer that must ensure their workforce is vaccinated, per government order. Have fun issuing your complaint *to the exact same government* that told me, your employer, to require this as part of OSHA (via the Department of Health).

We are at an impasse, dear employee. The government expects me to have my workforce fully vaccinated, and you don’t want to listen to my request. As such, my interests are no longer aligned with your interests. I’m afraid we’ll have to part ways, but that’s your choice, not mine - you’re the one who’s not consenting. As such, I wish you good luck on your job seeking journey.
I don’t think that’s right either. An overwhelming majority of citizens in developed countries was vaccinated. The endemic ship has sailed the moment COVID became present on every single land mass on the planet, I expected this to happen, and so did the experts - in 2021, let alone now.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/austria...vaccine-mandatory.603218/page-50#post-9691811

There are five main variants of concern, two of which developed in South Africa (Beta and Omicron), one in Brazil (Gamma) and one in India (Delta). The only variant traced back to a developed country is Alpha, and even that’s suspect since the UK is highly multicultural with a lot of people travelling back and forth. No amount of vaccinating would’ve stopped those variants from emerging when the majority of them come from impoverished areas of the world where such programs weren’t feasible or hygiene standards simply aren’t up to snuff.

Reactions: titan_tim

sith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Experimental vaccine" was already a dubious excuse, before people started taking dewormer.
its a great excuse, don't be a nazi.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_Code

call it a 3 carbon protease inhibitor or call it squamous cell carcinoma chemo, call it dewormer/insectide or call it pavloxid or call it whatever you fucking want, it should be a human right to direct your own medical care even if retards talk shit about it on the temp without a clue.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8526435/

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
call it a 3 carbon protease inhibitor or call it squamous cell carcinoma chemo, call it dewormer/insectide or call it pavloxid or call it whatever you fucking want, it should be a human right to direct your own medical care
I didn't see anyone saying you can't do it, but they're also free to call you silly for it. It's a two-way street. Only quoting the part that isn't frankly unwarranted name-calling since I have no response to that.
Make sure you don't skip section seven on the NIH doc you sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1