Hacking Coverflow7 USB Loader

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
OK seemed that was easier than I hoped. The coordinates are the same but the placeholders are larger and the images themselves are now a tiny bit bigger that they originally were so here is the deyails:

UPDATED (last 3 values highlighted in bold wrong had wrong coordinates, fixed now and this is the final coords for the loader I appologise, should be fine)

Coordinates
===========

Small Images:

X:8 Y:196
X:84 Y:196
X:160 Y:196
X:412 Y:196
X:488 Y:196
X:564 Y:196

Main Image:

X:238 Y:128

Box-Image Sizes
===============

Small images: 66x93

Main Image: 160x225

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
am i wrong of the coords are the same? only the small covers changed?

edit:
sorry, i didn't notice what you wrote
rolleyes.gif

what do you mean by "place-holder", the case where the cover will fit? i don't need to implement, this right?
edit2:
^^ forget it, it seems that you removed it so it ain't for me.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Yeah sorry the place-holder is just the empty box in the background that will surround the game images to make it look like a Wii DVD case.

I realised as soon as I posted it, it would probably confuse, so took it off. It's more for if someone else wanted to make their own background, they know what size to make a Wii DVD case to hold that size of image, but they could just cut mine and use it so waste of time really lol.

Yeah so co-ordinates are the same, the only thing that changed are the small image sizes. They are now 66x93.

Like I say, that should make them a little clearer on larger tv's, not much but anything is good.

UPDATE

I have modified the main page to work with those coordinates and game sizes. This should hopefully be the final version of that page. Then I can work on tweaking the settings page in this style and then modify the black versions of it to match. Enjoy:

1.png

Don Killah, I hope that it's all working your end
biggrin.gif
All we need to do now is resize the small images and have the correct directories.

If anyone is planning on using this, then you will need to resize your small images to 66x93. But hold off till Don Killah confirms it's working in the loader please.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
it seems to work for me... i can't really tell with the shitty pal tv i use for dev...
let's assume it's working coz when i check the coords on computer, they look good.
great job mate, going to sleep now... hope to pm you some working dol tomorrow.
have a good night.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
YEEEHAAAA lol

I don't think you understand how happy this makes me. I'm quite anal about things being proper, which you have probably guessed, so knowing that it could be fixed and has been has made my day.

I will get to work on the other images for everyone.

Great work Don, have a good night my good man and catch you tomorrow sometime.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
For anyone still around, I have updated the co-ordinates for the image placement in the loader. I have also re-uploaded the images as they are all fixed now to match. Here they are for now Dark and Light versions.
Light
1.png

Dark
2.png

Once Don Killah does all the stuff with the Settings/Config page, I will post that up too, re-editing to match both colours above.

I will keep the Original images I started this all with in case anyone wants those, eventually they will all be in a nice little zip file and you can pick and choose what you want.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Hey Oops.

They are not really what I would want but I'm sure others will want them when the loader is done. Keep them and add them to the backgrounds folder when I put up the zip package.

I will assume you have based them on the above corrected backgrounds with the correct coordinates and stuff?

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I really like the Light version above when it has the images loaded onto it, it looks really slick. In fact here is a sample of what it's like:

3.png

If a nice channel can be made for it or banner, then it will complement it quite nicely and complete the package. Maybe something for me to think about later.

The original 3 image version was also quite nice when it was in dark and light. I will be keeping that one too and will probably include it in the package when all is done.

I think for me, it's about keeping something really really clean and uncluttered, but allowing the options if people want them, which is the whole idea of the settings page, which will only be accessed when you press button 2. Otherwise all you have to do is push left and right to change games and A to load it. Nice and easy.

Obviously for people wiht a large library of games, this isn't the best solution for them but it's really designed for people like me with maybe 10 games on their usb at a time.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
cdreams... i'm here.
holla back, iv'e got your stuff ^^

it's almost as you want it. we need to change the settings backroud a bit to match the coords but it's working.
need to make some more debug/test... and we'll have a full working version.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cdreams said:
Obviously for people wiht a large library of games, this isn't the best solution for them but it's really designed for people like me with maybe 10 games on their usb at a time.

While I have more than 10 games on my drive (something like 25 that I bought and ripped), I'll gladly sacrifice the ability to view 21 games at once with the current version I'm using to get something that looks as nice as what's being made here.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
cd are you there?
i need you to tweak the settings to match the console and do some debug to see if everything is working like wanted.
if you don't show up in an hour, i guess i'll release a beta version for people to fgive me feedback.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol