Hacking Coverflow demo

Fellipepb07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, congratulations! THis is very good!

Actually the first professional looking that I've seen on Wii!

Send it to waninkoko and to mplaye ce equip or dragon mediaplayer equip now!

Imagine this working as a  media center? An Itunes on wii!

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holly donkey balls!! I just saw your little demo video and I had to tug one out. That is pure sexiness. Is there any way I could see the source to try to make it work with what I'm working on now?

cdreams

Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
My images arnt needed for the boxes of course, I was meaning just for more to the actual background it'self, like the top banner part ect. I will show you what I mean here:

coverflowtest.png

and for the Instructions page:

coverflowtest2.png

The in the middle of that his loader stuff would load and look fantastic. Then you could still use page 2 for Instructions and settings to turn features on and off.

I think it's a good idea myself, but hey we all have different tastes.

redmanmark86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cdreams said:
My images arnt needed for the boxes of course, I was meaning just for more to the actual background it'self, like the top banner part ect. I will show you what I mean here:

coverflowtest.png

coverflowtest2.png

The in the middle of that his loader stuff would load and look fantastic. Then you could still use page 2 for Instructions and settings to turn features on and off.

prefer his plane black background...

by like you said, everyone has different tastes...

BlindDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just let the guy do his thing.. I am sure that with all the loader features and loader configurations, you will get your own background.. I dont care for the second screen, so please dont make it harder on the guy than it needs to be. Its nice and all but dayum, let him have his OWN ideas.

Jay84Jay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should come with some open ended stuff like a folder on root which allows us to put a png file in of our choosing , thus allowing us to change our backgrounds with ease.

no making people wait to create or put effort into un-needed things when it could be done stream lined.

great looking usb loader non the less , im excited for it , keep up the great work !

Golup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
NeoNight said:
If you guys do make a gui for the usbloader out of that I hope you add the ability to make a favorites list!
Why not make it a rating system?

BTW, I wonder if it is possible to support motion control in coverflow, for instance, perss A+B and swing the wiimote to let covers flow in the same direction?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golup said:
NeoNight said:
If you guys do make a gui for the usbloader out of that I hope you add the ability to make a favorites list!
Why not make it a rating system?

BTW, I wonder if it is possible to support motion control in coverflow, for instance, perss A+B and swing the wiimote to let covers flow in the same direction?
In works kind of that like in the latest homebrew channel. Hold b and move the wiimote to scroll.

Golup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
cdreams said:

coverflowtest.png

coverflowtest2.png

For the 1st pic, I suppose the box at the bottom is where the game title locates. Well, I'm kind of not like the looking of the box. Why not print the name without the box, just like iPod does.

For the 2nd pic, I don't see how the Options & Settings menu will work.
Anyway, what I suggest is, press 1 to open the O&S menu for the game selected, and make changes to the video mode, etc, then press A to launch the game, or if possibly, to save the configurations. And the + and - buttons are still for Install and Remove games.

Forsaekn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm damn impressed. An artist. This is exactly how I envisioned a menu.

I will donate my time to this cause. I'd be glad to work with you on this, just say the word / pm the source.

Fors

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if there was a way to add thickness to the wii games so they looked like real wii cases this would be even more amazing. Nice work. I hope this gets implemented soon.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mooseknuckle2000 said:
if there was a way to add thickness to the wii games so they looked like real wii cases this would be even more amazing. Nice work. I hope this gets implemented soon.
I can create 3D cover art images, like the following, for games. I can rotate them into ANY desired position! Would anyone be able to use something like this, for the loader??

loztp.png

TiMeBoMb
yay.gif

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, it's me again.
Wow, i've just waken up, and i'm amazed by all your reactions.
Thanks, but please stop comments now, like "wow" and stuff, because otherwise i won't be able to read every message.

There are two problems about loading pictures :
- They take much memory, though i load them as PNG (i only uncompress what's on screen)
- They take much time to load from SD

So, i'd need to load them in a separate thread, and pictures would progressively replace the question marks, but i don't know yet what's available in libogc for safe multithreading. Otherwise, if i keep loading on start, a progress bar at least would be nice.
I don't know how i'm going to display text either, if i don't find an easy enough lib for me i'll use one i wrote for OGL before.

I also have to find a way to make quick search. Maybe by allowing several sub-sets of games.
The idea of wii motion is nice, i'll have a look at the one in HBC.

Edit: Yes, a 3D game box is possible too, but i'm not sure it would look good in such a "flow".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1