Gaming Could we quickly describe how awesome HOTD: OK is?!

Louisiana

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can think of at least fifty 10 out of 10 games off the top of my head. And I'm now very curious about this Wiimote calibration. Can it get as accurate as a lightgun?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Louisiana said:
really, play all the other house of the dead games, not using more that a single credit a try, and maybe you'll see. and don't play the wii ports of 2 & 3!

Tell me if I'm understanding you correctly. You're saying that a more difficult game equals a better game?

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Louisiana said:
I can think of at least fifty 10 out of 10 games off the top of my head. And I'm now very curious about this Wiimote calibration. Can it get as accurate as a lightgun?

Yup, you can spend as long as you want calibrating. It will work like a regular light gun. There are forums out there that people talk about it.

As for the games, I would like to know. I very rarely would give a game 10 out of 10, so it would be interesting to see your list.

Louisiana

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
Louisiana said:
really, play all the other house of the dead games, not using more that a single credit a try, and maybe you'll see. and don't play the wii ports of 2 & 3!

Tell me if I'm understanding you correctly. You're saying that a more difficult game equals a better game?

Yeah, pretty much! Of course the challenge has to be fair.

I'd give the House of the Dead 4 a 9 out of 10, by the way, because some of the boss battles are taken from the other games.

And the 1 credit thing: most arcade games are made for one credit. All the good ones, anyway. Using more than a credit is cheating. It's like using an infinite health code in another game.

MOD: MERGED POSTS

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Louisiana,

Here's the thing, this is not an arcade shooter. This is a home system shooter. Don't compare the two. HOTD was always a cheap game to me based off of memorization, just like any old school game. To an extent this is not that much different, but it is not intended at eating up as many quarters that it possibly could before you beat the game.

You can play the way you want to play the game to be honest with you. There is a life bar in the game, that is equivalent to the number of lives you get in HOTD if you sucked and needed to upgrade your lives. If you want to challenge yourselve, you can always quit a level after you take 3 hits.

Also, like I said before, you want regular HOTD action. Use a non upgraded magnum through out the whole game.

But at this point, I am not sure if your just arguing to argue. Rent the game and try it. But making a comment like the one your making with out ever trying something is pretty rediculous. Especially based off the high marks this game is getting everywhere.

BTW, don't triple post. You could have just hit the quick edit to include all you items.

Louisiana

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alucard77 said:
Here's the thing, this is not an arcade shooter. This is a home system shooter. Don't compare the two. HOTD was always a cheap game to me based off of memorization, just like any old school game. To an extent this is not that much different, but it is not intended at eating up as many quarters that it possibly could before you beat the game.

I think it's a fair comparison. It's comparing an on-rails shooter with an on-rails shooter.

Also, I'll stop bashing the game now, because I have never played it. Still, sounds awful!

DrHectic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got the collectors edition bang bang box. Came with two gun shells and a comic book. Thing is - I'm having problems playing it because it's blinding me with its pure awesomeness
biggrin.gif
. And it was 90 bucks all up as well (almost 60usd at current exchange rates) totally worth the money.

Sure, it's short but it's epic fun - especially with a friend/my bro. I haven't played it alone so I wouldn't know if the single player experience is significantly worse - but I'm having an awesome time!

I really like the game's presentation too - especially the funny songs in the main menu.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
I really liked it but two cons about it:

Swearing
prostitute

Those two I am not happy with at all.

See, now for me, those are the two main things that make the game. But to be fair, however, Varla is a stripper, not a prostitute. I won't argue about the distinction, but there is a difference.

Anyway, alucard77, in my opinion, makes a golden point -- games of old were made purposely difficult so machine makers could suck quarters out of the pockets of those folks playing the games. The fact that you, Louie, were sucked into the illusion that a more difficult game a better game makes -- to me -- just exposes you for being the only one NOT lucid enough to make a reliable judgment about the game. Of course, the fact that you're commenting so negatively about a game you admit you haven't played is also pretty fucking ridiculous.

In the end, though, I have to say, your opinion is your opinion, and it goes without saying, you're entitled to it. But I'm afraid it shant pass into any governing rule regarding the quality of games.
wink.gif

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kashin said:
...I don't like it. *hides from flaming*

I just can't seem to get into on-rail games.

Why would you be flamed? If on rail shooters are not your thing, then that is ok. At least there is a logic behind your reasoning. Shouldn't see why you should be flamed. I can never get into FPS on a console. I tried my hardest as I loved them on PC, but I could never get into them on a console. Except for the Wii of course, which has the best controls. Except not many good FPS.

Now for a major complaint on this game. The Money system SUCKS!!!

I am really tired of playing the same board over and over and over again, to beat my high score only slightly, to only get $1,000. I don't want to mindlessly go through a level 15 times to get the money.

Is there a US save file with 100%?

Louisiana

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
Anyway, alucard77, in my opinion, makes a golden point -- games of old were made purposely difficult so machine makers could suck quarters out of the pockets of those folks playing the games. The fact that you, Louie, were sucked into the illusion that a more difficult game a better game makes -- to me -- just exposes you for being the only one NOT lucid enough to make a reliable judgment about the game. Of course, the fact that you're commenting so negatively about a game you admit you haven't played is also pretty fucking ridiculous.

What fun would deathmatching be if everyone but you sucked? I know I wouldn't enjoy it. It's the same with single player games. I just can't enjoy easy ones.

Though hey, it's pretty obvious that you can't appreciate a challenge. Have fun pwning n00bs or whatever it is you do while I face worthy opponents.

And it's pretty obvious the only experience you have with arcade gaming is credit feeding through whatever they have at your local Chuckie Cheese's!

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Louisiana,

At this point, you probably should just stfu. Yes your the supreme "hard core" gamer, you beat everything on one credit. Good for you, no one really gives a shit.

I know exactly who you are. Your the 400 lb. guy on the South Park Warcraft episode that no one can beat because you don't have a life. You haven't played this game, and you provide your supreme knowledge on something you haven't done.

It's clear that you have nothing better to do, but troll this post to prove what? Nothing, that's what. So why not just stfu, and let it be. Why not try to go get laid. It's not too late. You can change your ways. You can also play a game cause it's fun, and realize there is a life out there to be lived. Not every one has the time, or lack of life, to master every game out there, and beat it on one credit.

At the end of the day, we still have friends, wives and so on. What are you stuck with, the amazing accomplishment of being "l33t" in a videogame, which means jack shit in the real world. Congratulations, I bow down to your uselessness.

Louisiana

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alucard77 said:
Louisiana,

At this point, you probably should just stfu. Yes your the supreme "hard core" gamer, you beat everything on one credit. Good for you, no one really gives a shit.

I've never beat anything on 1 credit (except Sin & Punishment!), but I play everything on 1 credit, which is a lot more fun than cheating through a game. Credit feeding = cheating.

alucard77 said:
I know exactly who you are. Your the 400 lb. guy on the South Park Warcraft episode that no one can beat because you don't have a life. You haven't played this game, and you provide your supreme knowledge on something you haven't done.
I hate World of Warcraft. I weigh 150 pounds and I'm 6'3'. I never claimed supreme knowledge of this game, only that based on this thread it sounded awful. I have tons of friends and do lots of things with them. Yeah, you sure know me!

alucard77 said:
It's clear that you have nothing better to do, but troll this post to prove what? Nothing, that's what. So why not just stfu, and let it be. Why not try to go get laid. It's not too late. You can change your ways. You can also play a game cause it's fun, and realize there is a life out there to be lived.

I'm not trolling. If anyone's trolling it's you! As for getting laid, I'm still young. And the only reason I play games is because they are fun. And I do live my life.

QUOTE(alucard77 @ Feb 21 2009, 09:21 AM) Not every one has the time, or lack of life, to master every game out there, and beat it on one credit.
I'm fairly certain that anyone who plays games enough to bother posting on a videogame forum has like 20 minutes a day to play a game. That's enough time to get good.

QUOTE(alucard77 @ Feb 21 2009, 09:21 AM)
At the end of the day, we still have friends, wives and so on. What are you stuck with, the amazing accomplishment of being "l33t" in a videogame, which means jack shit in the real world. Congratulations, I bow down to your uselessness.

Why can't I have friends and be good at games?

Could you stop with the attacks? I don't particularly appreciate them.

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
House of Dead Overkill is one of the best On Rail shooters that I have ever played @_@

And I know my stuff, I had a Saturn with Virtua Cop 2 on it ^^

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Louisiana said:
...Though hey, it's pretty obvious that you can't appreciate a challenge. Have fun pwning n00bs or whatever it is you do while I face worthy opponents.

And it's pretty obvious the only experience you have with arcade gaming is credit feeding through whatever they have at your local Chuckie Cheese's!

rofl2.gif

Damn! Now I feel the need to defend myself and prove my mettle.
rolleyes.gif

Actually, that's too much of a challenge...I think I'll just go play some more HotD: Overkill.

Pwn some n00bs for me, will ya', chief?

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Louisiana,

When you come to a thread talking about how good the game is and bash it with out even playing it, it's called trolling.

I'll leave this be, cause now this is irritating. I wish I could close my own thread.

Louisiana

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
Louisiana said:
...Though hey, it's pretty obvious that you can't appreciate a challenge. Have fun pwning n00bs or whatever it is you do while I face worthy opponents.

rofl2.gif

Damn! Now I feel the need to defend myself and prove my mettle.
rolleyes.gif

Actually, that's too much of a challenge...I think I'll just go play some more HotD: Overkill.

Pwn some n00bs for me, will ya', chief?

It's just the attitude you seem to have towards challenging games. If you got, say, the Espgaluda PS2 port and played it for 20 minutes a day for 2 years you'd probably be able to clear both loops on one credit.

What games are your favorites? Hard games or easy ones? Stuff like Fire Emblem and Gears of War, to use examples anyone should be familiar with, or stuff like Final Fantasy VII and Kingdom Hearts? Of course this is totally off topic. I wish there were a thread we could list all of our favorite games. The last one I made was locked.

Oh, and, uhh, no thanks!

Edit: Drama Thread! Since I've yet to see like one single intelligent post on this entire forum I've decided to quit posting here and go to a forum where people more like me post. Like insert credit! So yeah, this is my official resignation. I know ya'll will miss me, but ya'll will have my 118 posts of glory to read and reread forever!

I should have stopped at 108. See, I have the insert credit thing down already!

One last edit, since I can't resist: Or select button! I'm namedropping select button and linking there!

selectbutton.net
half rollicking argument about videogames, half self-absorbed inanity

true last edit: select button really is inane! sometimes it's almost as bad as this place!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4