Homebrew Could the WiiU use Antialising on Wii games?

nashismo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
So yeah that's my question. Could the WiiU theoretically be used to add some form of AA to Wii games? So they don't look that bad? I've personally used AA on Dolphin in games at their native resolution, and they look a lot better.

Obviously this would have to be some form of post processing AA, SMAA for instance (great AA btw).

So, what do you guys think? I know that when you try to use the touchscreen, while playing a Wii game, there is a warning on the sceen telling you you cannot use the touchscreen. Going from that we know that, at least, we could use some form of overlays and that there is access to the screen (VWii) by the WiiU.

Waiting to hear your thoughts people :)

Cheers to all.

Last edited by nashismo,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo could make it internally render to 1080p, anti-aliasing, and sharper textures, but they won't. They're cucks, and the Wii U is dead.

Chakratos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Theoretically if the warning comes from the vWii we could have overlays.
But since the vWii is really weak (like a normal Wii)
I don't think that AA could be possible if we want to maintain a steady FPS

But that said, somebody may know more :)

Edit: if we could finally inject vWii games we could apply HD/4K textures to the iso

Last edited by Chakratos,

nashismo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Nintendo could make it internally render to 1080p, anti-aliasing, and sharper textures, but they won't. They're cucks, and the Wii U is dead.

The WiiU is very much alive for me, in fact that is irrelevant. I am asking not if Nintendo, but if WE using homebrew could do this, or if it would be possible somehow. Thanks for passing through. But I agree though Nintendo can be truly backwards sometimes, hell they ban me for no reason(permanently)! Good thing I got unbanned! Thanks to Gbatemp ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Theoretically if the warning comes from the vWii we could have overlays.
But since the vWii is really weak (like a normal Wii)
I don't think that AA could be possible if we want to maintain a steady FPS

But that said, somebody may know more :)

Edit: if we could finally inject vWii games we could apply HD/4K textures to the iso

Even if we could change an entire games textures, it wouldn't matter much, as the resolution is low, it won't matter. And the other way around, if we use low resolution textures on an HD game it won't work either, look at Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, it looks like crap on WiiU because of this (gamma levels are horrendous too).

Or maybe I don't understand what you are saying? Are you saying if we could play Wii games using the WiiU full hardware, mostly as WiiU games? Mmm that would be amazing! Maybe not at 1080p (not possible), but 720p, but that would be enough to make games look gorgeous (look at MK8) add some AA and it's heaven!

Last edited by nashismo,

Chakratos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The WiiU is very much alive for me, in fact that is irrelevant. I am asking not if Nintendo, but if WE using homebrew could do this, or if it would be possible somehow. Thanks for passing through. But I agree though Nintendo can be truly backwards sometimes, hell they ban me for no reason(permanently)! Good thing I got unbanned! Thanks to Gbatemp ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Even if we could change an entire games textures, it wouldn't matter much, as the resolution is low, it won't matter. And the other way around, if we use low resolution textures on an HD game it won't work either, look at Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, it looks like crap on WiiU because of this (gamma levels are horrendous too).

Or maybe I don't understand what you are saying? Are you saying if we could play Wii games using the WiiU full hardware, mostly as WiiU games? Mmm that would be amazing! Maybe not at 1080p (not possible), but 720p, but that would be enough to make games look gorgeous (look at MK8) add some AA and it's heaven!

What i meant was that if we could inject our own Wii games into existing ones: http://gbatemp.net/threads/help-eggs-sgge-header-of-wii-vc-eshop-games.454489/

Then we could replace the low res textures with highres ones, sure the game would still only render it at 480p? But that should atleast give us some improvements.

MH3U looks so bad because they've used really crappy 3DS textures for the Wii U version >_<

nashismo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
What i meant was that if we could inject our own Wii games into existing ones: http://gbatemp.net/threads/help-eggs-sgge-header-of-wii-vc-eshop-games.454489/

Then we could replace the low res textures with highres ones, sure the game would still only render it at 480p? But that should atleast give us some improvements.

MH3U looks so bad because they've used really crappy 3DS textures for the Wii U version >_<

Mmm, what I see from that thread the excites me, would be the ability to play Nintendont (gamecube) games with the WiiU gamepad! And of course using the gamepad screen at the same time, which in turn would give us some form of Antialising, as the screen and the resolution is smaller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill