Hacking Could someone with BS9/Luma test this please.

smallmedicap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old 3ds XL
BS9 1.2
Luma 8.0

Go to system settings.
Go to internet settings.
Go to Nintendo DS connections. (hit "OK" to load it)
Hit "B Back" to exit Nintendo DS connections.
Hit "back" then "close" to exit system settings.

CRASH

Does NOT cause a crash on A9LH.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Just tested and yes, it crashes

And it also crashes for me on the title screen of Heroes of Ruin (own dump), not letting me play :unsure: EDIT: Yes, it worked fine on A9LH, and it even does the same for 2 cias I found online

EUR New 3DS XL 11,4 Luma + B9S

smallmedicap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for confirmation you guys.

This is one of several crashes that is making me stick with A9LH for a couple more months. I realize that BS9 is better but I am going to wait a bit for some of these things to be ironed out.

(I have a feeling that this particular crash might be related to the DS game issue that happened with update 11.3 (or was it 11.2?))

interesting. crashed for me too. But in reality, who is going to this so often?

I realize what you mean, but that is not how testing software works. When a bug is found, it is reported. It doesn't matter how obscure it is. (One reason for that is that the problem behind the bug it could cause a related issue elsewhere at another time.)

Awesomekid956000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for confirmation you guys.

This is one of several crashes that is making me stick with A9LH for a couple more months. I realize that BS9 is better but I am going to wait a bit for some of these things to be ironed out.

(I have a feeling that this particular crash might be related to the DS game issue that happened with update 11.3 (or was it 11.2?))

I realize what you mean, but that is not how testing software works. When a bug is found, it is reported. It doesn't matter how obscure it is. (One reason for that is that the problem behind the bug it could cause a related issue elsewhere at another time.)

Trust me I have so many crashes with b9s right now the only reason everybody is making the change to b9s is because a9lh cant support .firm files correct? Why couldnt a9hl just release an update that supports .firm is it because the thing is dead?I dont Know myself.

smallmedicap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trust me I have so many crashes with b9s right now the only reason everybody is making the change to b9s is because a9lh cant support .firm files correct? Why couldnt a9hl just release an update that supports .firm is it because the thing is dead?I dont Know myself.

It's not really that big of a deal because the B9S glitches (and the glitches other programs like Luma might have with B9S) will be ironed out in a few months. I don't blame them at all for having glitches, it's a new piece of software.

And as for people like you and I who want to still use A9LH for a bit we can use the latest version that had .bin support (Luma3DSv7.0.5). We might be missing out on a couple new Luma features for a bit... but that is not a huge problem.

Which brings me to your last question. As far as I am aware some of the new features only work on B9S and wouldn't have worked on A9LH. So if that is correct then that is why Luma isn't releasing an arm9loaderhax.bin version as well.

Awesomekid956000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not really that big of a deal because the B9S glitches (and the glitches other programs like Luma might have with B9S) will be ironed out in a few months. I don't blame them at all for having glitches, it's a new piece of software.

And as for people like you and I who want to still use A9LH for a bit we can use the latest version that had .bin support (Luma3DSv7.0.5). We might be missing out on a couple new Luma features for a bit... but that is not a huge problem.

Which brings me to your last question. As far as I am aware some of the new features only work on B9S and wouldn't have worked on A9LH. So if that is correct then that is why Luma isn't releasing an arm9loaderhax.bin version as well.

oh its a new software,ok I just thought it was something nobody payed attention to because a9lh was just better suited at the time sorry ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and i did upgrade to b9s like a few days ago i just didnt think i needed to upgrade right off the bat because as soon as i got my 2ds and modded to a9lh all of a sudden b9s started popping up for future updates of luma i didnt feel like it since i did enough that day and sorta forgot about b9s untill recently

wsquan171

Trophies
XP
Country
China
According to Aurora herself on a GitHub issue page (can't link now, came across it weeks ago and probably in the closed section), that DS connection crash is a bug on Nintendo's side and she has fixed it (or, hided it, in her own words) in a more recent commit. You'll probably see it fixed in the next official release.

Edit: link is here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/issues/616

Last edited by wsquan171,

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a B9S issue, it's just that Luma 8.0 turned on exception handlers by default and caught something that was just silently crashing unnoticed to begin with in this case.

That fact that it was the first release with Rosalina and that didn't go as smoothly as one would hope meant there were some crashes elsewhere as well. Rosalina probably should have been in an open beta before being tossed out as the only working release for the latest version of B9S.

Getting a nightly of the legacy branch will probably result in it running just as smoothly as the latest A9LH version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since