Gaming Could Nintendo give us legal backups?

ficarra1002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not all users have access to WiFi, not all users have sufficient WiFi speeds, not all users have sufficient SD cards ($20 for 2gb at walmart...no offense :) ).
That's like saying not everyone has wifi, then there shouldn't be any internet content.
No. No it's not. While many people have access to an internet connection not everyone has WiFi. Among the ones that do may not have access to their WiFi network 100% of the time because of parental control issues, bandwidth limits etc etc. Along with not having access 100% of the time you also MUST have at least a 3mbps speed in order to get SD (or standard def) quality which would look bad on that small of a screen. Then you have to factor in bandwidth use. It also removes the portability of the console itself, therefore eliminating the entire reason for a handheld console.
Are you saying they'd have to stream the game or something? It'd be a one time download.
And what I was saying is, just because some people can't make use of something, doesn't mean nobody can.

Reactions: 1 person

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Not all users have access to WiFi, not all users have sufficient WiFi speeds, not all users have sufficient SD cards ($20 for 2gb at walmart...no offense :) ).
That's like saying not everyone has wifi, then there shouldn't be any internet content.
No. No it's not. While many people have access to an internet connection not everyone has WiFi. Among the ones that do may not have access to their WiFi network 100% of the time because of parental control issues, bandwidth limits etc etc. Along with not having access 100% of the time you also MUST have at least a 3mbps speed in order to get SD (or standard def) quality which would look bad on that small of a screen. Then you have to factor in bandwidth use. It also removes the portability of the console itself, therefore eliminating the entire reason for a handheld console.
Are you saying they'd have to stream the game or something? It'd be a one time download.
And what I was saying is, just because some people can't make use of something, doesn't mean nobody can.
Ehh, whatever.

klim28

Hunter4Life
Trophies
XP
Country
Not a fan of digital "things" specially on video games. I like to hold real carts, box, manuals, receipts, and all.

On topic... no.

You do know that the 3DS games real manual is in the game right :D

Some games have paper manuals. ASI version Super Mario 3D Land has it :) Harvest Moon, Nintendogs+Cats, etc...

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a fan of digital "things" specially on video games. I like to hold real carts, box, manuals, receipts, and all.

On topic... no.

Some games have paper manuals. ASI version Super Mario 3D Land has it :) Harvest Moon, Nintendogs+Cats, etc...
You know that's not the point right?
When did this topic have a point, the OP is basically saying Nintendo should bypass their own systems because he doesn't like carts I suppose.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

On topic... no.

You know that's not the point right?
When did this topic have a point, the OP is basically saying Nintendo should bypass their own systems because he doesn't like carts I suppose.
I mean the point of the one post saying he likes manuals.
That's why he wouldn't want to download games instead of buying cartridges.

klim28

Hunter4Life
Trophies
XP
Country
The topic has branched out.

I was referring on the second page of this topicsaying that they can sell full games on the eShop. And thats when I said I'm not a fan of that.

And sorry for being off-topic. I know what this topic is about. To answer it again... no.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not that I don't like carts, I just think they're inconvenient. At the same time, I don't like the restrictiveness of downloads – you're limited to the device you download it to, it's not great when you have 3 geeky kids that will all be getting 3DS consoles in the near future that all want to play Luigi's Mansion. On the other hand, for games that they're not likely to play, it would be nice if I could install them to my 3DS whilst reserving the option of allowing them to play the game on their own consoles at a later date. You can't really have that with eShop downloads.

It would be nice if I could have the best of both worlds, the convenience of downloads with the freedom of carts. I'll just have to go down the grey area route of hack -> backup loader when one becomes available :P

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I think it would be better to never have to buy a cart in the first place. I think it'd be cool to just download it straight from eshop.
Sony had that idea first.

Actually, Nope. Downloadable games have been around from the early 1980's. Nothing to do with Sony.
try Googeling the following -

Intellivision Play Cable (1981)
Atari 2600 GameLine (early 1980s)
NES Teleplay
Genesis Sega Channel (1994)

There are probably a few more, but I can't be bothered to look right now.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it would be better to never have to buy a cart in the first place. I think it'd be cool to just download it straight from eshop.
Sony had that idea first.

Actually, Nope. Downloadable games have been around from the early 1980's. Nothing to do with Sony.
try Googeling the following -

Intellivision Play Cable (1981)
Atari 2600 GameLine (early 1980s)
NES Teleplay
Genesis Sega Channel (1994)

There are probably a few more, but I can't be bothered to look right now.
No, the idea of never needing a cartridge at all and just downloading games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: