Homebrew Could it be possible to port this Emulator?

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bear in mind just because it "Runs on an 533mhz Arm 9" doesnt translate "omgz it needz be on 3ds!?!?!!!! it be super fast!" code optimization, Accuracy, Actual CPU Performance, GPU Performance, and background tasks along w/ Ram all play a key part. *Yes* the ARM11 Applications/Games in 3DS mode run at with the correct flag set 804Mhz but you can easily bet that lil gimp arse device has more memory than the N3DS and likely a better GPU.

if you argue about the hardware and take a PSP Approach, Similar hardware and its Not so much Emulation as its Translation (like GBA VC's are to the 3DS) but in this case w/ PS1 emulation architecture's different no existing hardware to borrow Functions or calls from . nothing to do "Translation" calls to. no means to cut the middleman out from. complete emulation and thats going to cause Overhead, and the N3DS just doesnt have the grunt to do it. (same reason the DeSuMe 3DSMode emulator was doomed to fail and that NDS-Bootstrap is the better choice in that example.)

if the emulator was Highly inaccurate as F* and prioritized speed Maybe it'd be possible but, by that point of a trade-off to achieve full framerate, there's be no reason to be using it and people would either bear w/ the RetroArch core, or goto other alternatives ( a usable Android phone or a Used CFW'able PSP is the easiest route for Portable PS1 game emulation at this point.)(its like right now 50~65$ for a PSP 2k on ebay, 65 on amazon and a good "enough" android phone like a J3 Luna Pro about 75. to fit the bill)

am i trying to insult or mock you? No am i trying to say give up and go home? No, you want this done?, your going to need to invest time to learn by example.. pour thru RetroArch's code for examples, study the source for the Emulator you linked, and get a PoC to entice the help of other developers who might share a passing interest, or make it worth those who can develop something worth thier wile, (aka pay a large sum of $$ to justify them taking time out of thier life from thier job friends and Family(be if they have a S.O and/or kids) to do all the work. ) the cold hard fact is no one will want to do it "For the Exposure" or "for the Community."

this is GBATemp, No one really often pours hours on hours days on days months on months years on years of hard work for one single person's request. all just for "The Community." people who do are rare and far bloody few between.given exceptions of the few days it takes to make a custom theme. (but thats pidly easily compared.)
look the freaking wiki lol this thing is one fucking core and your expecting me to believe your talks-hit it doesn't have l2 cache ofc it is open-source and can run thing out of the box but still people need to create app for it....but it is not be any mean that the thing is more powerful than a 3ds no way it is?the main thing here was if it was possible to port it i compared a weak device to showcase that maybe it can run better using PSX4ALL that thing was good back in the day of iphone 3gs still true 3gs is better than 3ds still not the main subject is not debating if it is similar device or if any is stronger it was all around one thing PSX4ALL

now is this emulator possible on 3ds maybe .... is people willing to give it a try or not even touch it ....anyway i dont really care anymore here is bunch of kiddo with no actual formation on knowledge on the thing...dont get me wrong i am the same as you idk shit about this that why i post this here possibly an error to...but nobody in my books here got the will to try porting this i understand why and i am going to learn bout it myself and try port it somewhere in the far future! i always wondering why people seem to think a decade old emulator could not be good on a decade old hardware device...and that because we already got one around we should not try or touch anything else cause the one we got is 1000% better in their books and that their knowledge about every others device accumulated make them think they got the answers for every noob that try to ask a simple question and asking in the same time if someone can port it...i did 2 error trying to ask for something on child forum ,and arguing with people that think everything they says is the absolute right answers to all!

If doing theme for you make you feel better good for you but doing a 3 sec theme aint something a dev should be proud...i fucking give up in here i tried in past maybe i didn't formulate good enough the question turned into a mess that the only thing i see is ''hey dude shut the fuck up your not in the good place dude here it is a furry forum''(i exaggerated) but we can see some fucking goof that dont accept beggar or die hard old school game like me with no coding knowledge asking if it is possible on a fucking forum on the section homebrew development and emulator...but i get pointed as a emulator beggar ...

some pointed here it would be pointless i get it but that your opinion and i get it but why is there always one coming one after one to say the same same same same same same freaking bullshit...?it is looking like nobody read the damn message above that is so similar in the form of argument that it make it pointless to try to argue.

close this freaking thread i will not reply back it is waste of precious time as the question turned into a mess and i dont see the point of actually feeding this as nobody here point to what was asked in the first place the second thing was asked(we cannot ask thing on a video game website, with section for hacking and homebrew)

so please regards this as an error of myself as this is not the best place to post il try find a better website for this in the future thanks for those who anwsered the beg.

Reactions: Deleted User

Bluespheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's also not the thing you ask for, but your attitude and the way you write it, commas and periods exist for a purpose, don't be surprised when people deflect your post when it's a chore to even read, let alone understand.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey loudmouth. The thing you don't understand is that you can't just simply argument like Thing A got 500mhz, Thing B got 800mhz, so Thing B should do the stuff equally or better than Thing A.
My CPU has 4Ghz, yet it still doesn't emulate a PS4 which has 1,6Ghz. That is weird, huh.

Frezgle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Hey can someone make this thing that's most likely impossible and that I only have surface-level knowledge about?"
"No, that's impossible for these detailed reasons."
"Wow you're all just mean and stupid! Reeeeeeee!!"

Every time.
Trust me, if there was a decent easy method of PSX emulation on the 3DS, it'd have been done by now. When people say it can't be done, it can't be done. Maybe invest in a PSP or Vita if you need handheld PSX that badly; they run it exceptionally well.

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
It seems portable, but there is little info on how it works.
Th codebase is littered with unused files, like a GL renderer.

It seems it has a NEON renderer which IIRC is what PCSX ReARMed libretro uses.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if it would be possible of porting this emulator to the New nintendo 3ds https://github.com/zodttd/psx4all

I have checked around and saw that this emulator was ported on a 533MHz ARM9 with no L2 cache device here video :

I assume everyone want to play ps1 game flawlessly on 3ds and not on another device because retroarch is slow as hell even on new 3ds...the game supported is so lame... if someone can port this emulator im sure it will run 50%-80% better than retroarch buggy core...please no hate all i want is play that damn gran tursimo 2 and rs2 at a reasonable fps.

If someone would try or help me port this gem i would appreciate i think the 3ds is a great portable device and since n64 seems far from coming to our beloved portable machine (well we could port pj64 32 bit it was done on og Xbox but whatever we still got close to 14 n64 remake and port that we can play on 3ds) so i think trying to master ps1 emulation on 3ds seems reasonable in my books and not far from the n64 games library so it would be the perfect way to play ( no buy a psp comment ok? thanks)The main points here is is possible to port this emulator!

IS it possible , yes!

WILL someone do it , maybe!

IS it pretentious of me for asking this , maybe!

But please that would be really cool to see good ps1 emulation before we see another double screen handled from Nintendo! no?

edit:
new 3ds specs :https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Nintendo_3DS

Caanoo Specs for the interested this thign as one core:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caanoo

the caanoo overclocked to 800mhz running rs2:

Interesting stuff to compare!

If you are interesting in porting psx4all it is all up to youand other devs willing to help you , i assume i was asking for it but it is not the main point it would be intersting to ask a dev what he think about the sourcecode of the psx4all! i have none knowledge about this!

unless you are interested in playing the games at about 5fps theres no reason too

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
look the freaking wiki lol this thing is one fucking core and your expecting me to believe your talks-hit it doesn't have l2 cache ofc it is open-source and can run thing out of the box but still people need to create app for it....but it is not be any mean that the thing is more powerful than a 3ds no way it is?the main thing here was if it was possible to port it i compared a weak device to showcase that maybe it can run better using PSX4ALL that thing was good back in the day of iphone 3gs still true 3gs is better than 3ds still not the main subject is not debating if it is similar device or if any is stronger it was all around one thing PSX4ALL

now is this emulator possible on 3ds maybe .... is people willing to give it a try or not even touch it ....anyway i dont really care anymore here is bunch of kiddo with no actual formation on knowledge on the thing...dont get me wrong i am the same as you idk shit about this that why i post this here possibly an error to...but nobody in my books here got the will to try porting this i understand why and i am going to learn bout it myself and try port it somewhere in the far future! i always wondering why people seem to think a decade old emulator could not be good on a decade old hardware device...and that because we already got one around we should not try or touch anything else cause the one we got is 1000% better in their books and that their knowledge about every others device accumulated make them think they got the answers for every noob that try to ask a simple question and asking in the same time if someone can port it...i did 2 error trying to ask for something on child forum ,and arguing with people that think everything they says is the absolute right answers to all!

If doing theme for you make you feel better good for you but doing a 3 sec theme aint something a dev should be proud...i fucking give up in here i tried in past maybe i didn't formulate good enough the question turned into a mess that the only thing i see is ''hey dude shut the fuck up your not in the good place dude here it is a furry forum''(i exaggerated) but we can see some fucking goof that dont accept beggar or die hard old school game like me with no coding knowledge asking if it is possible on a fucking forum on the section homebrew development and emulator...but i get pointed as a emulator beggar ...

some pointed here it would be pointless i get it but that your opinion and i get it but why is there always one coming one after one to say the same same same same same same freaking bullshit...?it is looking like nobody read the damn message above that is so similar in the form of argument that it make it pointless to try to argue.

close this freaking thread i will not reply back it is waste of precious time as the question turned into a mess and i dont see the point of actually feeding this as nobody here point to what was asked in the first place the second thing was asked(we cannot ask thing on a video game website, with section for hacking and homebrew)

so please regards this as an error of myself as this is not the best place to post il try find a better website for this in the future thanks for those who answered the beg.
and thats why no ones going to even bother with your request, your assaulting anyone that isn't complying w/ your demands and whipping it up magically out of their bunghole. as for the whole furry fag assults i get it daily kit throw em all you want XD. now i gave you a precise answer Why its not going to be easy. I didn't shoot the matter down outright, just explained as easily as possible Why it wouldnt. i could of gone in complete detailwhich by the looks of it would of further gone over your head but letsput it this way.

general rule of thumb to emulate a target device, the Host System needs to be an X Amount faster to compensate for the overhead in emulating every function and hardware of the guest. given outside things non-essential for game operation (the actual display (LCD Screen, or the speakers, the battery connection etc) but the GPU (the "Video Processor") the CPU (think of it as the Brain of the system) the Media Controller and Media Device (with Cart based systems its just the act of reading from Rom image and mapping cart read functions to it. w/ Disc based ones your emulating the CD-Rom Drive/DVDrom etc and the Reading functions depending how the console accesses the disc. then reverse engineering the commands and processes of every communication actioncall etc. for the act from accessing say a file on the Disc that contains a Models Texture for the main character then passing it to the GPU to render it and then HOW to render it along thru the CPU.

the N64 is only a tiny bit older in comparison to the PS1 and thats Far more complex because of how nintendo designed it. !00% Cycle Accurate emulation to a PC from 10 years ago to 6 years ago your going to see performance issues even Cycle Accurate SNES Emulators can give Last gen AMD "Family" Based Systems a run for its money and 3rd to last gen Intel systems (Higan/BSNES) this what i trie dto explain before you completely dismissed what i said earlier what "the tradeoff between accuracy for Performance" is Hell go look at the controversial PS2 Android emulator "DamonPS2" they're Scummily getting away with it (as they got caught red-handed using some of PCSX2's code and running it w/ every speedhack possible on max, yes its on some phones pushing 60FPS on things like FFX but games are Soooo broken. )

you want to discuss things civilly? thats fine treat people who respond w/ respect you'll likely entice someone who maybe just might be bored or want to work on it w/ little payoff. but w/ the responses your giving anyone who disagrees with you regardless how someone responded to you, that's going to push people away. Honestly i'd like to see this happen myself (less things to overburden my Samsung J3 Luna Pro as i keep it mainly for contact when i'm not home. ) and it *could have a better Compatibility than a PSP (Popsloader can be a total PITA, not to mention some games just dont work no matter what versions of POPS you use.) but sadly i'm still standing by my original statement with your poor handling how your attacking everyone who doesn't give you the answer you want, its not going to happen (and with the Switch scene starting to explode. its likely to happen on it rather than the 3DS as PS1 emulation will likely eat the thing's battery alive like no tomorrow. )

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb9aRPpmidM