Could Archiverse (miiverse archive site) be hooked up to the plaza?

Mario_hat_with_eyes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you who have not heard, there is a team of people who archived as many miiverse posts and profiles and communities as they could before the shutdown, and put it on a site called Archiverse.

I was wondering if this could be hooked up to the wara wara plaza, to make it less dull. I know that you can put custom text and titles already, but it would be so cool to see new text and doodles, and have the titles switching out like it used to be. The project is all open source (check in the FAQ page), so I don't see why it wouldn't be feasible, you would just have to find a way to let the wii u access the site. They seem to have kept the structure, and the admin left his/her twitter if you need to ask something about it.

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible to show it but probably a lot of work for something I couldn't think of a use for since the accounts are dead and if anything it might cause confusion cause there will be 100s of thousands of dead accounts on the plaza from post years ago and it will be harder to find active people

Mario_hat_with_eyes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible to show it but probably a lot of work for something I couldn't think of a use for since the accounts are dead and if anything it might cause confusion cause there will be 100s of thousands of dead accounts on the plaza from post years ago and it will be harder to find active people
No, what I had in mind would not involve active users. What I was thinking is some program that goes into the archive, grabs a couple of old posts based on the games you played recently, and puts them on miis in the wara wara plaza. What you said about it not having any use may be true, but it would be nice to have some life brought back to the plaza.

Reactions: Moobaks

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can edit your plaza to your own liking with cuatom icons and comments.... Mikadubbz has a detailed thread about it and there's also pretendo who were looking at a full replacement server for miiverse last time i checked it.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can edit your plaza to your own liking with cuatom icons and comments.... Mikadubbz has a detailed thread about it and there's also pretendo who were looking at a full replacement server for miiverse last time i checked it.
Yeah, if the desire is for a Miiverse plaza that automatically swaps out posts and stuff again, then waiting for Pretendo definitely seems the way to go. It's in beta and it sounds like it's going well. And last I talked with the dev about it, he said that you wont have to enable the plaza if you don't want if you like a custom one you made or whatever while still getting access to the other aspects of the Miiverse that Pretendo will bring back (can not wait for messages in bottles to return to Wind Waker HD). So it sounds like it will be the solution to wait for.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o