Hacking Corrupted SD Card - recovery?

hardenmetapod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi All,

I am having issues and I think my SD card is corrupted. My Wii was modded years ago, so I am unsure how to change to a new SD card whilst keeping my homebrew working.

Right now I am thinking I just replicate my SD card onto another SD card and remove the corrupted apps, but does anyone have any other suggestions in case I have to do a full on wipe, because it looks like a few of my app folders have mysteriously become files with no extensions.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Wii SD cards don't have any hidden partitions. Copying files over is sufficient to keep everything.
The only concern is some exploits won't read SDHC cards, but you shouldn't need run run any more exploits.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi All,

I am having issues and I think my SD card is corrupted. My Wii was modded years ago, so I am unsure how to change to a new SD card whilst keeping my homebrew working.

Right now I am thinking I just replicate my SD card onto another SD card and remove the corrupted apps, but does anyone have any other suggestions in case I have to do a full on wipe, because it looks like a few of my app folders have mysteriously become files with no extensions.
Backup the card onto your PC using a recovery tool like Recuva (free) or GetDataBack (not free, but more thorough), it might be able to recover the corrupted folders.
Then format the card and put the files back on (but keep the backup), chances are the card is still fine, just corrupted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-