Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
drwhojan said:
TyRaNtM said:
This part need to be added in extinfo.dat, and maybe that is the reason that the freezes still happen.

Its possible ? see if you can add it in !, have to fined the address for extinfo.dat...

I'm trying the tutorial, but try it too. More people doing this, better results.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TyRaNtM said:
drwhojan said:
TyRaNtM said:
This part need to be added in extinfo.dat, and maybe that is the reason that the freezes still happen.

Its possible ? see if you can add it in !, have to fined the address for extinfo.dat...

I'm trying the tutorial, but try it too. More people doing this, better results.

The only code in PKSS for the orginal and patched rom was

000418 offset

was 00

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
drwhojan said:
TyRaNtM said:
drwhojan said:
TyRaNtM said:

000418 offset

was 00

I confirm that this part, because isn't included in the extinfo.dat, is the REAL reason that why still freezes:
CODE
000DF418 |ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂD1ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ | 000DF418 |ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂE0ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |

I used a patched version that a person creates, using the hex codes that i posted, and surprise! Works like a charm, without any freezes, i tried like 150 events and still no freezes.

Arkanell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TyRaNtM said:
drwhojan said:
TyRaNtM said:
drwhojan said:
TyRaNtM said:

000418 offset

was 00

I confirm that this part, because isn't included in the extinfo.dat, is the REAL reason that why still freezes:
CODE
000DF418 |ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂD1ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ | 000DF418 |ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂE0ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |

I used a patched version that a person creates, using the hex codes that i posted, and surprise! Works like a charm, without any freezes, i tried like 150 events and still no freezes.

The reason I thought it had worked without the missing offset was because my battery died before it had time to freeze
rolleyes.gif
(I promise I will keep my DS charged from now on )

Annnyyyway.... After a long hard search I have finaly found the missing Offset so the full extinfo.dat is as follows

CODE
1C 00 9F E5 00 10 90 E5 18 20 9F E5 02 00 51 E1
72 10 A0 03 08 10 C0 05 8E 10 A0 03 C4 10 C0 05
1E FF 2F E1 A0 F0 25 02 34 5D 09 E0

02000A18
38 FE FF EA

021E5B77
E0

add that to extinfo.dat and all should be peachy

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Enterd the code and trying

If you enter a door a few time thats where it should freeze, enterd the door about 10 times so far no frezze....

I will have to give it a full go tommoro, As im off for a drink!

EDIT: O no got a freeze on battale, back to the drawing bord lol!

But well done with the work anyway !

Noib

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TyRaNtM said:
No.. still freezes.
I think that this address isn't the correct one:

How often does it freeze for you? The fix I made for myself last night using basically this same method I left out the third set of values because I had come to the first initial set of conclusions Arkanell did. I then played from the start of a new game all the way to Mr. Pokemon and back, naming the rival, without a freeze. Furthermore, since I've never played any but the first version of pokemon there was a lot of screen transitions and battles of me not knowing where I was going.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Noib said:
TyRaNtM said:
No.. still freezes.
I think that this address isn't the correct one:

How often does it freeze for you? The fix I made for myself last night using basically this same method I left out the third set of values because I had come to the first initial set of conclusions Arkanell did. I then played from the start of a new game all the way to Mr. Pokemon and back, naming the rival, without a freeze. Furthermore, since I've never played any but the first version of pokemon there was a lot of screen transitions and battles of me not knowing where I was going.

Just enter a house and exit, if in +60 times, you didn't get a freeze, is because the fix is working, but isn't working, because in +60 freezes.

Noib

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TyRaNtM said:
Noib said:

Just enter a house and exit, if in +60 times, you didn't get a freeze, is because the fix is working, but isn't working, because in +60 freezes.

Well then my fix is working fine. I started by walking in and out until it didn't crash around when it did before, and then played the game normally. I've gone well over 60. I probably had 30 battles, gained 5 levels, went through the menus, caught a pokemon.

Not sure what is wrong, as I said I didn't do anything special, once Arkanell mentioned that it was relative to the DS memory and not the rom I just looked up the values myself, and entered it in. Leaving out the third block because it didn't seem to be loading that section of memory, and I wasn't about the dissemble the game to try and find out if it was. I was doing this because I was bored, not because I love pokemon. And I wasn't THAT bored. Only thing I can think of is you entered it into your extinfo wrong. I have things to do today, but if i'm bored enough/not busy I might look the one posted to see what's wrong.

Also for the whole time writing this, and walking around doing things during that time, i've been alternating up and down on my ds to run in and out of a house. No idea how many times it's exactly been but juding from the length of the screen transitions and the rhythm I hold to the buttons than probably more than 100, but no freeze yet.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
drwhojan said:
TyRaNtM said:
Hex code is a thing, but the address for extinfo.dat is another..

I ment the wrong offset adress in emulator 021E5B77

The code says 000DF418 am geting 000DF41B - for the extinfo.dat offset 021E5B77 will be wrong...

Mabe this is whay the game pokerman still frezzes , are i use the pathc on the game and it dose not frezze, if i try the orignal game with exinfo.dat the game frezzes from time to time,

I will try to fined the right extinfo.dat offset for hex offset's 000DF41B

Yeah, can be that, try to test it. I will try for myself too.

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I hope find an answer here...

How can we find the "ID" like this one "B95D9EDF" with the game code "UORE" ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: m