Converting 3D videos to .moflex

Hey,
here's a little tutorial on how to use the Mobiclip Multicore Encoder to convert 3D videos (from YouTube etc.) to .moflex (to inject them in .cia files and view them in 3D on your 3DS)

Requirements:
  • Mobiclip Multicore Encoder (either be an accepted Nintendo developer or find it somewhere else)
  • A Side-by-Side OR Top-and-Bottom 3D video, there is a lot of 3D content on YouTube (like for example trailers) which can be downloaded with jDownloader or any other video download software
First, here is an image of a graph I used to convert a video:

E8ViA9E.png

Now, here are the exact steps:

1. Get 3D video from YouTube (I used this german avatar 3D trailer) Optional: increase sound volume of the video with another application, it seems that when converting videos with specific audio codecs, the sound volume will be a lot quiter after encoding
2. Start Mobiclip Multicore Encoder
3. Input Filters -> Video Files, double click, browse for your downloaded file. When it shows up in the file list, do NOT tick 3D-Interleaved.
4. Preview your downloaded video in VLC. If the images are
  • left and right, add 3D Filters -> Split Side-by-Side, then double click on the filter, select "Left-eye image is on left half" (or the other way round, but normally that is the case), then "OK"
  • on the top and bottom, choose 3D Filters -> Split Top-and-Bottom, then double click on the filter, select "Left-eye image is on top half" (or again the other way round, depending on the video), then "OK"
This step basically splits the image in half and creates an interleaved video stream that we can already use to convert. However, if you click preview while selecting the filter you will see that the aspect ratio is not right anymore, this is why we need to use
5. Geometric Filters -> Crop and Resize to stretch the image to fit the 3DS screen (double click on filter, tick "resize" -> manual, 400x240). If you click preview now (while the Crop and Resize filter is selected), your parameters should look roughly the same, with the correct width and height, as well as 3D set to "Yes":

e5tUwE0.png

6. Audio filters -> Convert Audio, double click, I set everything to "No change" there. I don't know if this filter is really necessary but I always add it, just to be sure.
7. Last but not least, Encode Filters -> Mobiclip Encoder. Double click it to bring up the final settings and leave everything as it is, but only choose your output directory. If you already changed something, these are the default settings I always use to convert:

wABpYY5.png

8. At the end, make sure you connected all filters correctly (all should be green) and click "Queue Job", change to tab "Job Queue" and click "Start Queue". Follow the progress in the "Progress" tab.
After it is done converting, replace the moflex in another app, edit the movie name and rebuild it as .cia (or .3DS) to install with your preferred cia installer.
There are several tutorials on unpacking and repacking cias, and @TheGreek Boy has just recently released an easy method to inject .moflex files into cia here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-cia-video-injection.434051/

If anything is unclear just ask.

Greetings,
juli299

Wellingto198

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hello, I'm having a problem with the software, I configure the graphic correctly and press to start the conversion, but in less than a minute it crashes my computer, I noticed that it overflows my ram memory and the PC crashes (I have 16GB) does anyone have a solution? I put tbem in a virtual machine and the same thing happens, only the virtual machine crashes

Focolee

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah, I see it.
Well, as you said, at least Mobiclip allows me to convert movies. The sad part is that happens the same you say, that the video cannot forward/back, but anyway, still enjoyable. Thanks so much for the advises and response.
Have an awesome day :D

DahmpirHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I am having issue with this program where everything works fine until it gets to 99% of the last step where it seems to just stop there and doesn't want to finish converting. I don't know if it is doing something without saying it is or not as I tried converting a movie (Antman and Wasp) twice now where the second time it is a larger file, but when I try to play it in the video player on the 3DS I am unable to fast forward. The first file I made seemed to cut out halfway through, but I don't know if it was because it wasn't a completed file, or if it was because I hit something on the DS and it ended up starting again. Does the converter and/or the player usually have issues with large files or am I just doing something wrong?... The part of the movie that did convert came out really well as far as the 3d where I just need to get a program to modify the audio so it isn't as quiet without creating a watermark.

Edit: Nevermind... Apperently it does process things for a bit without acknowledging that it is as one of the tasks finally finished after letting it convert over night. Hopefully it fixes the issue with being unable to fast forward.

Edit 2: Yay! The time bar does work and I can fast-forward with a completed file. Now I just need to fix the audio. I recommend that anyone who wants to watch a 3D movie on the 3DS should try this. They come out really good and have better 3D then the theaters!
Good day. I would like to know how long did it take for the 3D movie to be converted after reaching 99%. Because I have been stuck at 99% for 4 hours already. Please, help me understand what's going on and how you made it work on your side. Thank you so much!

NitroHedgehog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi! Just got the tool and all, but wherever I do a job and start the queue, the Progress tab says ''No jobs are running''... even though it's been 24 hours that my 3 files have been queued! The ''Start queue'' button is grayed up, and the software doesn't even work... help, someone?
NOTE - I'm making 2D Videos, not 3D

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Finally, I suggested the software "audacity" but they were bought out by a bad company to harvest data. Use the older version if you want to use Audacity, 3.0.2 or below, not 3.0.3.
HTML:
https://www.reddit.com/r/audacity/comments/ohfwah/psa_audacity_which_versions_to_use_without/
Audacium is another Audacity fork alternative.

Reactions: yuyuyup

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good day. I would like to know how long did it take for the 3D movie to be converted after reaching 99%. Because I have been stuck at 99% for 4 hours already. Please, help me understand what's going on and how you made it work on your side. Thank you so much!
Some files do take gigantic amounts of time, even past 4 hours. Why? No idea, sometimes it just doesn't go past 99% and you have to end it early, making the file viewable yet unable to rewind of fast forward (better than nothing.)
Post automatically merged:

Hi! Just got the tool and all, but wherever I do a job and start the queue, the Progress tab says ''No jobs are running''... even though it's been 24 hours that my 3 files have been queued! The ''Start queue'' button is grayed up, and the software doesn't even work... help, someone?
NOTE - I'm making 2D Videos, not 3D
The bad news is, not all 3d movies can be converted. Why? Well, you can try different options but I haven't really dialed in on the cause. I've had a pretty good success rate but I gave up converting because I'd rather watch on a VR headset

NitroHedgehog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The bad news is, not all 3d movies can be converted. Why? Well, you can try different options but I haven't really dialed in on the cause. I've had a pretty good success rate but I gave up converting because I'd rather watch on a VR headset
Thanks. I just found out that I had to start the program as an admin to make it work. However, the FPS stays at 0 forever when using an .AVI file of a classic cartoon found on FaceBook (Looney Tunes)... should I use .MOV or .MP4 instead? I heard .MKVs are terribly long at this... Ah, and the videos have been programmed to be resized to 400x240 and letterboxed with the software itself before being queued. Maybe if I insert a video that is already 400x240, then it would work...

tetsuo1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to bump an old thread but what viewer are people using to watch their 3d films? I've got a stash of 3d films from when I had a 3d TV and I'd like to Wath them again

Dimolade_YT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey,
here's a little tutorial on how to use the Mobiclip Multicore Encoder to convert 3D videos (from YouTube etc.) to .moflex (to inject them in .cia files and view them in 3D on your 3DS)

Requirements:
  • Mobiclip Multicore Encoder (either be an accepted Nintendo developer or find it somewhere else)
  • A Side-by-Side OR Top-and-Bottom 3D video, there is a lot of 3D content on YouTube (like for example trailers) which can be downloaded with jDownloader or any other video download software
First, here is an image of a graph I used to convert a video:

E8ViA9E.png

Now, here are the exact steps:

1. Get 3D video from YouTube (I used this german avatar 3D trailer) Optional: increase sound volume of the video with another application, it seems that when converting videos with specific audio codecs, the sound volume will be a lot quiter after encoding
2. Start Mobiclip Multicore Encoder
3. Input Filters -> Video Files, double click, browse for your downloaded file. When it shows up in the file list, do NOT tick 3D-Interleaved.
4. Preview your downloaded video in VLC. If the images are
  • left and right, add 3D Filters -> Split Side-by-Side, then double click on the filter, select "Left-eye image is on left half" (or the other way round, but normally that is the case), then "OK"
  • on the top and bottom, choose 3D Filters -> Split Top-and-Bottom, then double click on the filter, select "Left-eye image is on top half" (or again the other way round, depending on the video), then "OK"
This step basically splits the image in half and creates an interleaved video stream that we can already use to convert. However, if you click preview while selecting the filter you will see that the aspect ratio is not right anymore, this is why we need to use
5. Geometric Filters -> Crop and Resize to stretch the image to fit the 3DS screen (double click on filter, tick "resize" -> manual, 400x240). If you click preview now (while the Crop and Resize filter is selected), your parameters should look roughly the same, with the correct width and height, as well as 3D set to "Yes":

e5tUwE0.png

6. Audio filters -> Convert Audio, double click, I set everything to "No change" there. I don't know if this filter is really necessary but I always add it, just to be sure.
7. Last but not least, Encode Filters -> Mobiclip Encoder. Double click it to bring up the final settings and leave everything as it is, but only choose your output directory. If you already changed something, these are the default settings I always use to convert:

wABpYY5.png

8. At the end, make sure you connected all filters correctly (all should be green) and click "Queue Job", change to tab "Job Queue" and click "Start Queue". Follow the progress in the "Progress" tab.
After it is done converting, replace the moflex in another app, edit the movie name and rebuild it as .cia (or .3DS) to install with your preferred cia installer.
There are several tutorials on unpacking and repacking cias, and @TheGreek Boy has just recently released an easy method to inject .moflex files into cia here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-cia-video-injection.434051/

If anything is unclear just ask.

Greetings,
juli299
Nvm it was because it was Side to Side

Last edited by Dimolade_YT,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k