PS1/2 Controller connecting issues

Rogue Trader

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sometimes, when I turn on my PS3 (120GB), and press the PS button, the four lights on the controller just....flash. This goes on for a couple more minutes, and then stops, and if I press the button again, it flashes again, and then stops. No connecting to the PS3 or anything. Sometimes plugging the controller in helps, although then it tends to connect, and if unplugged disconnect and start flashing again.

So far turning it off, waiting for it to shut down, and then starting it up again has sorted this, and it connects no problem.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem, or if anyone knows why it happens?

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have this issue with my 120GB Slim on v3.10. I found that switching the console on by the power button on the console itself, then pressing the PS button when prompted, worked, but turning the console on with the PS button just caused endless flashing of the controlled lights. Hope this helps!

Mucuna

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, I have this issue too.

Googling I found that it might really be a buggy firmware. If you turn the PS3 by pressing the console's key and after that turn the controller on, it doesn't happen.

We must spend some extra ATP until Sony fix that shame.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this might fix the problem

hit the PS button on the controller
on the back of the controller is a reset button
its right next to the middle screw hold
while the lights the blinking hit that button