Hardware Console bricked after 1 year?

Coolperez8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I have a Wii U Game Console, and I am unsure whether my charger is faulty or my console is bricked, I don't have a spare charger, but I also have a working Wii! Here's the story...

1/2/2013

I bought a brand new Wii U & Set it up!

1/2/2014

My Wii U is now 1 year old!

1/16?/2014

About a year has passed and my Gamepad charger has broke!

1/18/2014

I order 2 HDMI cables because I am using one for a new Mac and I buy a Fit Meter, both from amazon.com

1/20/2014

I go to Best Buy and buy a charger for my GamePad, I had to use an iPhone Charger wall adapter to plug it. Then I decide to fire it up and first I plug the charger to the GamePad, it works! (I may have turned it on at this point, I remember doing it and it firing up as normal, or I may have not turned it on at all...) Then I hook my HDMI cable to the Console and then to the TV, grab the gamepad, and hit power, 0.5 seconds later, console light goes from red to dead.

Any way to fix this?

*Note: The GamePad fired up as normal, but it couldn't connect to the console, should I get the others and make a fort to defend my house?

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you hitting power on the front of the WiiU or just on the gamepad? If the gamepad is without power for a bit it won't turn on the system (or be turned on by the system) you have to push power on both of them. This is what happens when I disconnect the battery from the gamepad anyway. You shouldn't have to go through an entire resyncing, though.

Coolperez8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you hitting power on the front of the WiiU or just on the gamepad? If the gamepad is without power for a bit it won't turn on the system (or be turned on by the system) you have to push power on both of them. This is what happens when I disconnect the battery from the gamepad anyway. You shouldn't have to go through an entire resyncing, though.
The Wii U, the GamePad battery worked fine, first the GamePad charger broke, then I thought the console was either bricked because I hit it after I plugged in an HDMI cable, or it was a faulty charger, but, sorry your too late, I fixed the problem XD!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-