Connecting Cell Phone to PC

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello. I'm having trouble connecting my phone to my laptop. I went to link on my windows 10 pc, added my phone number, then got a link to install microsoft edge. I entered microsoft edge, but I found no way to link my phone. I looked this up, and I found out that I needed cortana. I then downloaded cortana, but when I selected "connect," I was asked several questions which i answered. once I was done with that, I selected "do not ask again." now, I can't find the connect button anymore. I'm totally lost with this whole thing. like, why was I linked to microsoft edge instead of cortana? any help would be appreciated. thanks

TravayusDrax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello. I'm having trouble connecting my phone to my laptop. I went to link on my windows 10 pc, added my phone number, then got a link to install microsoft edge. I entered microsoft edge, but I found no way to link my phone. I looked this up, and I found out that I needed cortana. I then downloaded cortana, but when I selected "connect," I was asked several questions which i answered. once I was done with that, I selected "do not ask again." now, I can't find the connect button anymore. I'm totally lost with this whole thing. like, why was I linked to microsoft edge instead of cortana? any help would be appreciated. thanks

Well, it depends, what sort of link do you want to do. Do you want to do a file transfer, or just send commands to your phone? Do you want to receive phone notifications, or root your phone? And what operating system does your phone run on?

Last edited by TravayusDrax,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I mostly want to be able to transfer fies between the two.
Android I guess?

Just connect them via cable, click the "charging via usb" notification if on marshmallow or newer and change it to "file transfer", you should be able to see it in This PC (where you have all the other drive letters)

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Android I guess?

Just connect them via cable, click the "charging via usb" notification if on marshmallow or newer and change it to "file transfer", you should be able to see it in This PC (where you have all the other drive letters)
Some phones hide the internal storage from file transfers, my Android Dtek50 did that.

For lots of files I'd suggest plugging the SD car into your PC, and for the occasional file I'd suggest just installing OneDrive on your phone and transferring files that way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Read the reviews