Misc Connect DS to notebook

mcopo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys. I'd like to know if there's a way to connect the DS to a notebook through wi-fi, considering that the notebook is connected to the internet through wi-fi as well.
Here's my situation: I don't have a router, but there is a WPA network here in the building, which all dwellers share. It's WPA, so no WFC for DS games. But I do have a notebook with Windows XP. And thought that it would be possible to share the notebook connection with the DS through Wi-fi. So... is it possible? If yes, how do I do it?

BTW, I have a 3DS and I want to play DS games online.

mcopo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I forgot to mention... I DID googled it! :P
But I couldn't find any result where the notebook is connected to the internet through the same wireless connection.

Thanks for the link. Let's see if works.

mcopo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It didn't work... The thing is that both Internet and DS need to be connected to the notebook through wi-fi. That's the problem! I don't know if this is possible... so I asked here to see if someone knows a method/software to help me.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
You need a separate router.

1.Share the current Internet Connection (ICS) your laptop has (ie: wifi) , to your LAN adapter. (it will use a fixed LAN adress don't even touch it)

2. plug the other end of that LAN cable to router's WAN socket. (WAN port will give internet to router if WAN input has internet/shared internet access as well)

3. from the router's config, make sure (since windows XP uses 192.168.0.1 to share internet by default) the LAN default IP network varies from 192.168.1.1 to any other (I use 192.168.9x.1).

also, since DS is tricky with routers limit the router to 802.11b 5/11mbit transfer rate, and 6-9 channels. Check for open ports aswell (some DS game require certain ports to be available or they won't connect to gameserver/other ppl)

edit: internal router LAN network should be 192.168.1.1 onwards. ignore 192.168.137.x network if you're on w7/vista

mcopo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, that's possible too... Thank you very much! =)

I'll try this method when I can (probably next week).

I'll post the results when I can!

mcopo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Finally I managed to set up the connection... and it worked like a charm!! DS and 3DS games work fine (tested Kid Icarus Uprising, Mario Kart DS and GAME SYNC in Pokemon White)! The only weird part is that the "online" buttons of the C-gear in Pokemon B/W are flashing in a red color, instead of the usual green.

Anyway, thanks to everybody for the help!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-