Gaming CONFIRMED BRAWL WILL HAVE ONLINE PLAY!

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's awesome how none of anyone posts states this. Now don't you feel like a flaming idiot?

**Looks at all previous posts**

Common theme

-12 years old screaming

Shocking. No one stated what I stated.
Heh, I don't exactly see me flaming at anyone. At least not my definition of flaming
laugh.gif

You really get too worked up about this, I already said opinions differ, and complaining about screaming kiddos IS our way of saying we won't use headsets for sure, just as you saying that this game will fail without headsets is YOUR way of saying you will use headsets.

There, all happy now?
wink.gif

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kick ass next time I turn in a paper to my professor that makes no sense I'm going to say "read in between the lines. I know it makes no sense but I saw this guy on this forum do it."

again
and silence of an empty room brings peace.

Shut the hell up! Online play is only good when you have an actual community that has voice chat. Playing any game online without voice chat is just like playing the game off line.

Opinions differ, my friend
rolleyes.gif

Smartest thing you ever said

QUOTE(mr fluff @ Sep 18 2007, 01:37 AM)I was about to say maybe they could add voice chat for friends but where would you plug the mic?

Wii uses Blue Tooth. Theoretically you can find any blue tooth enabled mic to work with the Wii.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is great for people looking forward to Brawl, but this online service that Nintendo offer would have been laughable 3 years ago, let alone today.

I despise Friend Codes, even more so when the Wii has its own unique code. The ability to only send pre-set messages to friends during games seems a tad weak... And no Wi-Fi chat? Nintendo need to stop being so over protective IMO.

There's a great article on IGN that raises some good points.

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Play Battalion Wars 2 and Medal of Honor Heroes 2 really need Voice chat. The game just screams team work/communication.

*Waits for more screaming twelve year old comment*

bluebright

Trophies
Website
www.portablespacemuseum.com
XP
Country
"I was about to say maybe they could add voice chat for friends but where would you plug the mic?"

"Wii uses Blue Tooth. Theoretically you can find any blue tooth enabled mic to work with the Wii."

Nah, they wouldn't do that. The first thing I thought of was that mic from boogie. Knowing nintendo they'd make you plug it into the wiimote.

spanks54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man, all these young kids seem to not remember the day when there was no voice chat. Bwahaha.

Really, though, it makes more sense with a fighting game not having voice chat then, say, all the MMORPGs that don't have it included when it could greatly increase the ease of boss battles and reaction time from team mates.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is voice chat even useful for this type of game? The game still doesn't come out in the US till December 3 and this was just the first site update dealing with wifi so there's probably still some features that haven't been revealed.(or not) And as for lag, it's probably going to be the same reasons that caause it on the DS:different countries(I don't think this has been a common issue for me) and slow connections. But are people expecting Nintendo's online system to change just for Brawl? Although, doesn't it seem like this game is as/more restrictive as past games?

Is it not possible to use your system code in actual multiplayer games? And why can't there be an "add a friend/rival" option when playing with anyone that you can at least send messages to? Voice chat is not really the biggest problem with wifi...
wacko.gif

This game will be fun wifi or not, and these updates really don't change my opinion on the game.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP

lol interesting read. They say theres third party bluetooth headsets for PS3, why not Wii?

I also liked this part of the article:

Some gamers who own an Xbox 360 have already half-jokingly suggested a quickie workaround: sign on to Xbox Live, establish a voice chat with your buddy, and then boot up your online Wii game and play. It's a pretty ghetto (and hopefully temporary) solution, but I'm willing to do it if I have to. Clearly, I'm not the only one.

Made me
biggrin.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
With Anyone

You can also battle with people you don’t know who are looking for brawls. The most important point here is that you will not know each other’s names.

Oh, thank goodness. I'd hate to be that guy in the screenshot named Elbow. Imagine if anyone could see his screenname! They'd be able to hunt him down in real life.

Remy669

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
God this is good news
laugh.gif

But you could have expected it, Super Smash Bros. is just made for playing online
happy.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

lol interesting read. They say theres third party bluetooth headsets for PS3, why not Wii?

I also liked this part of the article:

Some gamers who own an Xbox 360 have already half-jokingly suggested a quickie workaround: sign on to Xbox Live, establish a voice chat with your buddy, and then boot up your online Wii game and play. It's a pretty ghetto (and hopefully temporary) solution, but I'm willing to do it if I have to. Clearly, I'm not the only one.

Made me
biggrin.gif

That's a really good idea. Why didn't I think of that?
smile.gif
I've got a lovely 360 wireless headset I can use.

Nintendo's whole point about making online gaming easy is rubbish. It'll take them a good 5 years to get up to speed with online at this rate.

gambit420

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hey guys i dont wanna sound offensive but....

why are so many people start bitching around now, i mean hey we got the confirmation that one of the best computer games ever created will be playable online!!!

and now everybody is crying because of not be able to shittalk with eachother.

GET READY FOR BRAWL!!!!!!!!!
december 3rd will be a good day for northamerican ninty lovers!!!!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, https://gbatemp.net/chat/message/1102518/view