OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
geeb2002 said:
capture1.jpg

help.jpg
I am getting these errors. Any idea why?
v.69 of loader
4.3 softmodded wii
files on sd card

no idea.

if that is indeed with cfg 69.dol or 69d.dol then the stack dump appears to be:
__lwp_heap_allocate
iosAlloc
CFG_Setup
setPlayStat
_FAT_write_r
_FAT_seek_r
_FAT_open_r
_read_r
snprintf

but this doesn't make any sense it looks random....

can you try cfg 70b2?

Arcasca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Arcasca said:
I have also problems with this 70b2 and 70b versions (until 70a all ok). Some backups give a black screen with a stack dump (others works properly).
05ad32bfb31cdf0d96e55068d050d84ao.jpg

I have tried from hdd and sd with the same results
do you have a larger image? i can't get the numbers out from this one.
I will try to get a better image. Meanwhile. if it can help, the numbers that appear are the followings:
game RMHP08
banner req: RMHP08
Loading menu file ...
No menu file found

cfg70b2
Exception (DSI) ocurred!

STACK DUMP:
80b8697c --> 80ae8254 --> 80ae8210 --> 80ae8210 --> 80ae8210 -->
80ae8210 --> 80ae8210 --> 80ae8210 --> 80ae8210 --> 80ae8210 -->
80ae8210 -->

geeb2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay tried 70b2 and it scrolled a bunch of number then stack dumped crashed just like before.
Loading it with the channel created by xflax and from modmii
Also crashes if loaded thru HBC.

Tried with 2 different wii's and 2 different hdd's.
Have now determined that it is the wii. SD card or HDD from either wii crashes on one wii in any combination and with various versions of cfg loader. In 2nd wii we have no problems. Gonna try running a SYScheck and going from there.

USBLoader GX doesn't seem to crash after a couple of loads. So I am not sure why your loader started crashing. Will post more info as I find out.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Arcasca said:
I will try to get a better image. Meanwhile. if it can help, the numbers that appear are the followings:
game RMHP08
Loading menu file ...
No menu file found

cfg70b2
Exception (DSI) ocurred!

STACK DUMP:
80ae8210 -->
The numbers translate to:
CODEstrcasecmp
??:0
do_fst
wiidisc.c:0
do_fst
do_fst
do_fst
do_fst
do_fst
do_fst
do_fst
do_fst
do_fst
which tells me that it crashes when reading the game's banner sound i think.
probably in this line:
./wiidisc.c: if(d->extract_pathname && strcasecmp(name, d->extract_pathname)==0)

i'll need to investigate this further though...
also i wonder if other people get the same error?
the game you tried is RMHP08 - Monster Hunter Tri right?
i hope it's not a bad dump or something like that...

Arcasca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Arcasca said:
game RMHP08
Loading menu file ...
No menu file found

cfg70b2
Exception (DSI) ocurred!

STACK DUMP:
80ae8210 -->
The numbers translate to:
CODEstrcasecmp
??:0
do_fst
do_fst
do_fst
do_fst
do_fst
do_fst
do_fst
do_fst
do_fst
do_fst
which tells me that it crashes when reading the game's banner sound i think.
probably in this line:
./wiidisc.c: if(d->extract_pathname && strcasecmp(name, d->extract_pathname)==0)

i'll need to investigate this further though...
also i wonder if other people get the same error?
the game you tried is RMHP08 - Monster Hunter Tri right?
i hope it's not a bad dump or something like that...
First, many thanks for your interest.
Right,it is Monster H tri game. As I write before, some games are running well others do not show nothing, they freeze the program when they are in the loading screen (no music game also). This only happens to me with 70b and 70b2 versions although in 70b the black screen with the dump is different and it appears at the same time I select the game (I can not see the load information screen)

Fsm51

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
have you thought about adding support for external DVD readers?
I mean, this may be useful for people who have made backups of their games and then have got their Wii's reader damaged.
For example me, I have made backups of around ten games, but what will happen if my wii's reader fails? I have to copy them to my hdd using my computer and get rid from the dvd.
uLoader have implement this feature, so I suppose you can use this as a base for cfg.
Also, there are a lot of people that prefer to use an external dvd reader and re-use their backups instead of buying a hdd.

It's a shame that the best loader to date doesn't have this feature. I prefer to use cfg, because the uLoader is outdated

Last edited by Fsm51,

geeb2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
geeb2002 said:
capture1.jpg

help.jpg
I am getting these errors. Any idea why?
v.69 of loader
4.3 softmodded wii
files on sd card

no idea.

if that is indeed with cfg 69.dol or 69d.dol then the stack dump appears to be:
__lwp_heap_allocate
iosAlloc
CFG_Setup
setPlayStat
_FAT_write_r
_FAT_seek_r
_FAT_open_r
_read_r
snprintf

but this doesn't make any sense it looks random....

can you try cfg 70b2?

Update: I had been strictly running my loader from the SD card. Somehow loader files had been written to the HDD and I guess it was trying to read those files while loading and kept on crashing. After I found those files and deleted them the loader went back to working properly. Thanks for the help and it seems to be sorted now.

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
psykix said:
My HDD died, so I decided to go with NTFS on the new one..

I haven't changed my install other than to enable ntfs writing in the config.txt. It loads games fine, but when I try to download missing covers it downloads the first cover and then as soon as it goes to write the first image I get a stack dump.

I'm hoping that it is something simple that I am missing.

I'm using 69d btw...
Mine used to do this as well. It seemed to be a cIOS issue (for me anyways). Stopped crashing with v6 of the d2x cIOS. If you aren't using that cIOS you should try installing it.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
geeb2002 said:
Update: I had been strictly running my loader from the SD card. Somehow loader files had been written to the HDD and I guess it was trying to read those files while loading and kept on crashing. After I found those files and deleted them the loader went back to working properly. Thanks for the help and it seems to be sorted now.
Great, thanks for the update!
and hmm i think someone else also mentioned that some files appeared on hdd even though he was running from sd, i will need to keep an eye on that...

igivebread

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

Everything is working fine, but I get eight (the number varies with how many games I have loaded to the hard drive) "NO IMAGE" box covers on the far left side of my GUI with no files attached to them and some of my games will be hidden. When I delete ONE of the NO IMAGE boxes, all of my hidden games will reappear. I have to do this every single time I start the loader and it's getting very annoying. Google does my no justice. This is with Configurable USB Loader version 69.

Thank you.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Fernando51 said:
have you thought about adding support for external DVD readers?
I say, this may be useful for people who have made backups of theirs games and then theirs Wii's reader gets damaged.
For example me, i have made backups of around twenty-three games, but what happen when my wii's reader get damage?, I have to copy them to my hdd using my computer and get rid from the dvd.
The uLoader's source code have implement this feature, so i suppose you can use this as a base for the cfg.
And also there are a lot of people that prefer to use an external dvd reader and re-use their backups instead of buy a hdd.

It's a shame that the best loader to date doesn't have this feature. I prefer to use cfg, because the uLoader is outdated
For the moment no, I don't plan adding that.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
igivebread said:

Everything is working fine, but I get eight (the number varies with how many games I have loaded to the hard drive) "NO IMAGE" box covers on the far left side of my GUI with no files attached to them and some of my games will be hidden. When I delete ONE of the NO IMAGE boxes, all of my hidden games will reappear. I have to do this every single time I start the loader and it's getting very annoying. Google does my no justice. This is with Configurable USB Loader version 69.

Thank you.
Can you send me:
debug.log (you need to save it first from gui settings or console global options)
gamelist.txt
config.txt
settings.cfg

(and yes also make a filesystem check (disk check in windows) as psyblade suggested)

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Arcasca said:
First, many thanks for your interest.
Right,it is Monster H tri game. As I write before, some games are running well others do not show nothing, they freeze the program when they are in the loading screen (no music game also). This only happens to me with 70b and 70b2 versions although in 70b the black screen with the dump is different and it appears at the same time I select the game (I can not see the load information screen)
Here's a couple of dols to test:
http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader/downloads/list
cfg70t1.dol - devkit 22 libogc 1.8.6
cfg70t2.dol - devkit 23 libogc 1.8.6
cfg70t3.dol - devkit 22 libogc 1.8.7
Please try them all and let me know which work and which don't
The code is same as v70b2 just devkit and libogc versions are different.

igivebread

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
igivebread said:

Thank you.
Can you send me:
debug.log (you need to save it first from gui settings or console global options)
gamelist.txt
config.txt
settings.cfg

(and yes also make a filesystem check (disk check in windows) as psyblade suggested)

I dropped the files into a rar for easy uploading (and please let me know if there is a preffered method of getting these small files around on the forums).
http://www.mediafire.com/?xuptv5xspece5c2

Just an FYI, I saved the debug.log from the GUI while the bug was present (no image boxes present; some games hidden).

Thanks

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
igivebread said:
I dropped the files into a rar for easy uploading (and please let me know if there is a preffered method of getting these small files around on the forums).
Just an FYI, I saved the debug.log from the GUI while the bug was present (no image boxes present; some games hidden).
Thanks
Yes, thanks.
I will look at it.

edit: can you also test versions: 68, 69d, 70b2 and let me know if the bug happens in all of them?

igivebread

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
igivebread said:
Thanks
Yes, thanks.
I will look at it.

edit: can you also test versions: 68, 69d, 70b2 and let me know if the bug happens in all of them?

Yes, the bug is there in 68, 69, 69d, and 70b2.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
igivebread said:

Hmm I can't find anything unusual. :/
Can you delete all covers, run a disk check on the SD card on windows and then re-download all the covers?
Just to make sure it's not a corrupted cover.

Oh and another thing to try, if you switch to console mode, is the game list complete?
What about if you switch to coverflow mode?

igivebread

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
igivebread said:

Hmm I can't find anything unusual. :/
Can you delete all covers, run a disk check on the SD card on windows and then re-download all the covers?
Just to make sure it's not a corrupted cover.

Oh and another thing to try, if you switch to console mode, is the game list complete?
What about if you switch to coverflow mode?

Unfortunately, none of the above fixed it. I have the feeling that it has something to do with the external HDD (formatted to WBFS because I had problems with FAT32) but I have put off reformatting because of how long it takes to transfer the game files back and forth from the computer
rofl.gif

It looks like right now that is my only option, though! I will try this and report back if it is (or is not) fixed!

Thank you for the assistance though, friend!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1