Hacking Configurable USB Loader

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
digdug3 said:
oggzee said:
digdug3 said:
I have the same problem. Harddisk not spinning down.
The only solution would be loading another IOS before shutting down? Maybe you could make it optional?
I think it would need ios reload and some kind of delay as well.
I would like to avoid complicating this further.
You can achieve the same by exiting to HBC and shutting down there.
It's just one button more: home + off.

I agree. Thanks for the great loader!
I usually always go back to Wii System Menu (Home button) and turn the console off from there....

shadowtroop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunatly, I'm stuck using USB Crasher GX until you guys fix the problem with DJ Hero 2's mic. Using IOS249 or 224 base 57 does not make the mic work in DJ Hero 2 for an odd reason. It works in USB Crasher GX however.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
abdias said:
Hi!
If nunchuk is connected I randomly get a core dump after startup. I'm using v64.
This is immediately after the intro screen, before gui is shown probably?
Which dol do you use (cfg64.dol or cfg64-222.dol or cfg64-compat.dol) ?
Are you starting from HBC or forwarder?
Do you have motion plus connected?

hmm i tried from hbc, with motion plus and nunchuk with cfg64.dol, about 10 times, and it worked fine

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
shadowtroop said:
Unfortunatly, I'm stuck using USB Crasher GX until you guys fix the problem with DJ Hero 2's mic. Using IOS249 or 224 base 57 does not make the mic work in DJ Hero 2 for an odd reason. It works in USB Crasher GX however.
The mic works in GX when you use base 57? You are supposed to use an IOS with base 56 or 37 to use peripheral USB hardware.

BBogey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
oggzee said:
I have checked waninkoko ehci module (USB2 driver)
And it has a "watchdog" that reads from the hdd every 10 seconds, I believe this is intended to keep the hdd from going to sleep.
If you want look at loop.c for:
#define WATCHDOG_TIMER (1000 * 1000 * 10)
__EHCI_Watchdog(void)
I believe hermes cios has a similar thing.

My Rikiki parks its heads after 5 seconds, so it might help if the watchdog would be every 4 seconds.
Or if in loader could be set the APM mode to disable all sleeping.

Please see my post:
http://gbatemp.net/t263019-waninkoko-s-cio...t&p=3400797

x4mer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oggzee said:
I have checked waninkoko ehci module (USB2 driver)
And it has a "watchdog" that reads from the hdd every 10 seconds, I believe this is intended to keep the hdd from going to sleep.
If you want look at loop.c for:
#define WATCHDOG_TIMER (1000 * 1000 * 10)
__EHCI_Watchdog(void)
I believe hermes cios has a similar thing.

It seems Wanin's watchdog is too slow for many drives, and causes I/O problems for most. I've tried two drives (WD Elements 640G & WD Elements SE 750G), that both go to sleep in the CFGUSB interface (offscreen covers won't load if drive's asleep), while under Wanin >19, but work fine under Hermes.

The drive I'm currently using (WD Passport SE), doesn't go to sleep because of the included config util. I can see the wakeup signals coming form both Hermes & Wanin CIOS while sitting on the CFGUSB main screen, using 222 & 249. Odd thing is, a full speed scroll in coverflow doesn't seem to stutter under either cios, even when the drive blinks every 8-10. If Wanin's cios doesn't cause a wiimote disconnect there during wakeup pulses (scroll should stutter if it did), then why does it once a game is launched?

Is the above code in Wanin's cios, or is it in the frag modules compiled into CFGUSB?

If it's in the frag modules, any chance of a version of CFGUSB with wakeup disabled, for people with drives that don't go to sleep?

Thanks

shadowtroop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
shadowtroop said:
The mic works in GX when you use base 57? You are supposed to use an IOS with base 56 or 37 to use peripheral USB hardware.
DJ Hero 2's mic runs on IOS 57. I spent two days figuring it out. Others have confirmed this fact.

But neither 224 or 248/9 base 57 work in CFG.

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My HDD (WD Elements 2TB) sometimes stops to work when returning to the loader (return_to_channel = UCXF) from a game. It is still "on" (the activity LED is constantly ON) but there's no activity (= blinking LED). The loader also fails to wake it up and I have to shut down the Wii (which also shuts down the HDD), wait a few seconds and start it up again.
I'm using Waninkokos cIOS rev20b (Base38 IIRC) - may that be the reason? Should this be fixed using Hermes cIOS?

abdias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
oggzee said:
This is immediately after the intro screen, before gui is shown probably?
Which dol do you use (cfg64.dol or cfg64-222.dol or cfg64-compat.dol) ?
Are you starting from HBC or forwarder?
Do you have motion plus connected?

hmm i tried from hbc, with motion plus and nunchuk with cfg64.dol, about 10 times, and it worked fine
Yes, it's immediately after intro screen. I'm using cfg64.dol, started from forwarder channel v8, without motion plus.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
BBogey said:
My Rikiki parks its heads after 5 seconds, so it might help if the watchdog would be every 4 seconds.
Or if in loader could be set the APM mode to disable all sleeping.
You will have to ask waninkoko or hermes for that.

x4mer said:
The drive I'm currently using (WD Passport SE), doesn't go to sleep because of the included config util. I can see the wakeup signals coming form both Hermes & Wanin CIOS while sitting on the CFGUSB main screen, using 222 & 249. Odd thing is, a full speed scroll in coverflow doesn't seem to stutter under either cios, even when the drive blinks every 8-10. If Wanin's cios doesn't cause a wiimote disconnect there during wakeup pulses (scroll should stutter if it did), then why does it once a game is launched?
I don't know, maybe because cfg uses just 5% of the cpu while in coverflow mode, while the game might be using 99% of the cpu and if you add another little delay it misses a frame. I'm just guessing.

x4mer said:
Is the above code in Wanin's cios, or is it in the frag modules compiled into CFGUSB?
If it's in the frag modules, any chance of a version of CFGUSB with wakeup disabled, for people with drives that don't go to sleep?

Thanks
The code is in wanin cios in ehc module (usb driver).
frag code gets added to the DI module (DIP plugin)
So you'll have to ask waninkoko about that.
If he exposes some kind of api to controll the watchdog or APM from the loader I could use that, or make it optional, but until then there's nothing i can do.

Posts merged

QUOTE(tHeWiZaRdOfDoS @ Jan 19 2011, 06:53 AM)
My HDD (WD Elements 2TB) sometimes stops to work when returning to the loader (return_to_channel = UCXF) from a game. It is still "on" (the activity LED is constantly ON) but there's no activity (= blinking LED). The loader also fails to wake it up and I have to shut down the Wii (which also shuts down the HDD), wait a few seconds and start it up again.
I'm using Waninkokos cIOS rev20b (Base38 IIRC) - may that be the reason? Should this be fixed using Hermes cIOS?
I don't know, try it and let us know.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
abdias said:
Yes, it's immediately after intro screen. I'm using cfg64.dol, started from forwarder channel v8, without motion plus.

Does it happen if you launch from HBC too?
Please try a couple of times, maybe it's the forwarders fault, I would just like to make sure.

btw the stack trace for the above dump is:

powerpc-eabi-addr2line -i -f -e cfg64.elf 80b51f88 80b5f8dc 80ac470c 80acad3c 80ad89f8 80acb81c 80a9ec1c 80aa30e0 80aa6328
__lwp_heap_usrblockat
/Users/davem/projects/devkitpro/libogc/libogc/lwp_heap.inl:32
__lwp_heap_free
/Users/davem/projects/devkitpro/libogc/libogc/lwp_heap.c:110
iosFree
/Users/davem/projects/devkitpro/libogc/libogc/ipc.c:794
USBStorage_ReadSectors
??:0
__WBFS_ReadUSB
wbfs_get_disc_info
WBFS_GetHeaders
__Menu_GetEntries
Menu_Device
Menu_Loop

which is strange since it hangs in usb read not wpad related code, however maybe wpad code somehow corrupted the usb heap or something...

If you go back to v63 does this stop happening?

What about if you try v64-compat.dol?

Oh and another question, do you have perhaps a drive with 4k sectors?

I will make some more tests myself too.

ironia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just upgraded to ciosx 21 + cfg v64

it's normal that when i loading I game i saw for 2 seconds a dark screen with the game title??

for me it's unuseful and i never seen it before.

tnx

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the setting you need to turn on to get the Pal Version of Trackmania to work. It seems no matter what I can't get it to play using CFG.

nickh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All the links to the forwarder are 404'ing at the moment. Have they moved or are they temporarily down?
sad.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.