cfg v60a (alpha)
cfg60a.dol
cfg60a-222.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v60a (alpha)
* NTFS write support (UNTESTED!!!)
new option: ntfs_write = [0], 1, norecover
norecover will prevent mounting an uncleanly unmounted fs.
(thanks for the updated libntfs go to Dimok and Miigotu)

NOTE: this time it is really UNTESTED!
So, take care, enable write on ntfs only if you can afford corrupting the ntfs partition (or even drive).
However Dimok and Miigotu tell that this one really is stable and works fine.
Let me know if it works or not...

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
luminalace said:
I just updated to version 59 through the loaderitself but now it won't recognise my HDD and fals to initialize. Any clues as to why?
So it does the 30 second countdown but it didn't before? Try turning your drive off and then back on.

GrEvilKin said:
Would it possible to add another option or replace the current 1:1 to make perfect dumps (ISO) on a FAT drive, assuming the file will be split? I love your loader, I have to use SuperDump for archiving but I really don't like it, we have to tell if the DVD is DL or not, etc.

Thanks!
Look for further features throughout the 60 chain. Now that we support NTFS drives, it's theoretically possible.

I guess we might change the WBFS write so that it adds an extra chunk on the end rather than scrubbing that 256kB. That all fits into the plans for the 60 series, so we'll just see where we go from here.

QUOTE(Dark-Aries @ Sep 3 2010, 07:58 AM)
v60 already wow...

You guys work damn quick.
We sort of fast-tracked 59 as we definitely wanted to debut NTFS write in an alpha version.

Dark-Aries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool. Is there any major reason for people to move from fat32 to ntfs once you have everything good to go? Or is this just for another option for the end user to use?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Dark-Aries said:
Cool. Is there any major reason for people to move from fat32 to ntfs once you have everything good to go? Or is this just for another option for the end user to use?
There's no real reason to change.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Could some more people please try out 60a if they have NTFS partitions that don't have important data?

I have to report a failure on a new NTFS partition I created (on a drive that now has one FAT and one NTFS). I actually have a feeling it won't work for anyone, given the error I got, so please report if game installation works for you.

Edit: Ignore the above. My bad. Forgot to add the ntfs_write option
wacko.gif

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
cfg v60a (alpha)
cfg60a.dol
cfg60a-222.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v60a (alpha)
* NTFS write support (UNTESTED!!!)
new option: ntfs_write = [0], 1, norecover
norecover will prevent mounting an uncleanly unmounted fs.
(thanks for the updated libntfs go to Dimok and Miigotu)

NOTE: this time it is really UNTESTED!
So, take care, enable write on ntfs only if you can afford corrupting the ntfs partition (or even drive).
However Dimok and Miigotu tell that this one really is stable and works fine.
Let me know if it works or not...

What cIOS do I need in order to write to a NTFS drive?

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
harmor said:
What cIOS do I need in order to write to a NTFS drive?
Wanin's IOS (247/248/249/250) rev18 or higher or Hermes' IOS (222/223/224) v4 or higher. Base choice shouldn't matter.

Just to be clear.
In the config.txt file I write

CODE
ntfs_write = 1

I'm using an unused thumb-drive for the testing.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Oops, I feel stupid now. I forgot to add the ntfs_write option myself. We'll fix up that error for the next release.

Yes, adding ntfs_write=1 or ntfs_write=norecover to config.txt is all you need to do. norecover is the safer option (you can use Windows to recover instead if you ever get a crash during install).

Can people also test covers on NTFS drives to see if they are now working?

To do so, you need to use covers_path=ntfs:/covers or something like that.

Cloudbringer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
hurray!, was just waiting for this
biggrin.gif

got a 1,5TB disk with NTFS, so this option suits me perfectly.

anyone tested if it can read covers from NTFS yet?

going to test it when i'm done at work.

kaligula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Cover from NTFS works for me.

My Config.txt

config.png

Dr.Clipper can you integrate a wbfs manager in the configurator with ntfs support, like fig wbfs manager?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
If any of the forwarder creators are reading this thread, please check out the thread here. We'd like some small changes made.

kaligula said:
Dr.Clipper can you integrate a wbfs manager in the configurator with ntfs support, like fig wbfs manager?
It's not going to happen. I see very little use for Manager apps apart from piracy.

GrEvilKin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dr. Clipper said:
GrEvilKin said:
Would it possible to add another option or replace the current 1:1 to make perfect dumps (ISO) on a FAT drive, assuming the file will be split? I love your loader, I have to use SuperDump for archiving but I really don't like it, we have to tell if the DVD is DL or not, etc.

Thanks!
Look for further features throughout the 60 chain. Now that we support NTFS drives, it's theoretically possible.

I guess we might change the WBFS write so that it adds an extra chunk on the end rather than scrubbing that 256kB. That all fits into the plans for the 60 series, so we'll just see where we go from here.
You guys are awesome! Would it be possible to install as ISO also, so we don't have to convert it later on? Or just an update to wbfs_file would be awesome too.

Thanks for the great work!

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Jesus GrEvilKin you're impatient. You have requested the same thing at least 10 times now already in the past 3 pages, please stop.

GrEvilKin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oggzee said:
Jesus GrEvilKin you're impatient. You have requested the same thing at least 10 times now already in the past 3 pages, please stop.
Sorry I didn't mean to. I'm just very excited about these features. My apologies.

Dark-Aries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. Since getting Banner support is something nobody is working on right now...could we just fake a banner?

Just like we have images of the cover or disc showing up when we choose a game, couldn't we just have the image of the banner appear instead? Or maybe just make the banner the background when you choose the game? Just rip the banner image to a png or jpg, and make each game have it's own background, when global options is chosen it reverts to bg_gui.

Just a thought. Obviously somebody would have to start ripping the banner images, but considering alot of people already contribute to wiitb.....

Dunno just throwing thoughts out there. I don't know how hard it would actually be to rip the banner image or do the each game has it's own background, that one might require a specific folder structure...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?