Hacking Configurable USB Loader

FirenXe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
hey guys
i want to suggest that the "Network Initialization" be started when the loader loads so it's always connected to the internet.
Cause when i'm using WiinnerTag, loading games became slower because of the initializing part.
This could really speed up a lot of things like checking for updates as CFG loader is always connected to the network.
Just my suggestion, please don't flame me
bow.gif

FirenXe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
yes, it's disabled by default but i've enabled it and just want to suggest CFG loader connecting to the internet while i'm selecting games as this speeds up the loading games process for users that enabled the gamercard function
smile.gif

FifaForLife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have the latest CFG USB loader and I've finally got It working.
One problem, It says to Install cIOS rev18+ or hermes' cios 222 or 224. How can I stop this, I have cIOS rev14 IOS249?

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
FifaForLife said:
One problem, It says to Install cIOS rev18+ or hermes' cios 222 or 224. How can I stop this, I have cIOS rev14 IOS249?

Easy, install the newer ones!
Or if you still want to have Waninkokos r14 left then only install Hermes versions, and then download the 222 version of usb loader cfg
wink.gif

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey folks, I need major help here please, I haven't been up to date to any of the latest Wii happenings, such as a new HBC, Wii version, cIOS, and many others, as well as how does it all affect the Configurable Loader, my Wii is at 3.2U, HBC 1.0.6, Config version v57b7-222, cIOS 222 v4, cIOS 38 rev17, any other information needed please ask me, what should I update and what is recommended as well? thank you for all of the help here

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what ever reason as of I think HBC 1.0.8 cheats in this loader have ceased working. I just get a black screen when trying to play with cheats. Anyone else getting this?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dlf said:
For what ever reason as of I think HBC 1.0.8 cheats in this loader have ceased working. I just get a black screen when trying to play with cheats. Anyone else getting this?
No, cheats working fine here with HBC 1.0.8 and cfg-loader v59a (hermes cIOS v5.1 finally works for me now
yaywii.gif
).

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
FifaForLife said:
I don't know, try by turning your wii off, then it will probably stop.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
IceIceBird said:
I've always played the music games with Hermes cIOS v5.1 (IOS222) since it was released and I've never stumbled upon on any problems yet.
Could you please explain a bit more in detail what's been changed regarding the Hermes compatibility in 59a.
Hermes ios222 v5.x was mostly working fine.
It was ios223 and ios224 v5.x that usually hanged with previous cfg versions.
Now v59a tries to fix that.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In the previous versions the games "crashed" after 10 minutes with hermes cIOS 5.0 and 5.1 when I used another base than IOS38, audio and video were there, but the controls were gone. Now everything seems to work, playing with IOS57 base now over 30 minutes, and the controls are still there!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
squirrelman10 said:
@oogezz how do i fix the ability for the usbconfigure to download coverart for my games?

also ill get my entire config.txt soon and show you what i have

* i want to change the layout of configusb
* get cover arts to work
* how to install this as a channel
OK, that file you posted does nothing at the moment as all the option lines are commented out. For configuring, I suggest you use the Configurator as it will help you learn about the options. You can find the Configurator in the Cfg base directory (see next answer to get this) or download it from the thread in my signature.

If your cover problem is related to te creation of directories, then I'm guessing that you didn't install the full pack. This gives you the correct directory structure so that everything should work. Instructions to get the full pack (the latest is v58) can be found here.

You do not want to install this as a channel. You lose the ability to update, to download covers and to configure the loader. It is suggested you install a forwarder channel, as then you get a channel that can always launch the latest version of Cfg, that will be stored on your SD card or USB drive. Instructions for using a forwarder are here.

IceIceBird said:
I've always played the music games with Hermes cIOS v5.1 (IOS222) since it was released and I've never stumbled upon on any problems yet.
Could you please explain a bit more in detail what's been changed regarding the Hermes compatibility in 59a.
I thought IOS222 in 5.x was now fixed to use base 38. Did this change in 5.1?

QUOTE(FirenXe @ Aug 28 2010, 01:39 AM)
hey guys
i want to suggest that the "Network Initialization" be started when the loader loads so it's always connected to the internet.
Cause when i'm using WiinnerTag, loading games became slower because of the initializing part.
This could really speed up a lot of things like checking for updates as CFG loader is always connected to the network.
bow.gif
I don't see your point. If you move the network initialisation to the beginning, you will see the delay there instead of at game launch, so it will take exactly the same amount of time to launch a game (although I guess there will be a perceived difference due to the rearrangement). This would also delay the startup time of everybody who doesn't use gamercards as they have no need for the network if all they want to do is start a game.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
FirenXe said:
hey guys
bow.gif

This.

Or even better, make it skip the network initialization when we press (hold) the B button, or something like that. So that we don't have to connect every time we want to play the same game.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
IceIceBird said:
It (ios222) uses ios38 as preselected base yes.

chaoticyeshua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has probably been answered before, but I simply don't have time to read through the massive amount of pages in this thread.

Are there any plans to add Riivolution-like functionality to this app in the future? It would be extremely awesome if you guys could code similar functionality into this.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
IceIceBird said:
Dr. Clipper said:
IceIceBird said:

It (ios222) uses ios38 as preselected base yes.

Then how do you play music games with it? It shouldn't support them (the mic based music games are the only ones with issues and need 37 or 56 as base).

QUOTE(chaoticyeshua @ Aug 28 2010, 10:48 AM) This has probably been answered before, but I simply don't have time to read through the massive amount of pages in this thread.

Are there any plans to add Riivolution-like functionality to this app in the future? It would be extremely awesome if you guys could code similar functionality into this.
We'll look into it.

QUOTE(Razor1993 @ Aug 28 2010, 11:10 AM)
I have a Question : What is the Gamekart Key feature on the CFG USB Loader? what can it do?
It is for those WiinnerTag gamercards you see that you can put into your sig to show people what you are playing (have a look through the last couple of pages and you will see a few).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY