Hacking Configurable USB Loader

nizzk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ThE MaSTeR 3 said:
Please help trying to get games to run off sdhc card but get dvd blue blinking lights when I launch. Looks like this...

[+] Booting Wii game, please wait...

IOS(222) mload [FAT]

just hangs on that message and the dvd drive is blinking blue reptedetly 3 times. No idea what the problem is. Missing IOS??? wrong settings??? please help!
same thing here, no matter what settings or ios i use. with hermes v4.
sounds like it may be an sdhc compatibility issue though.

zurcuer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
zurcuer said:
I am getting something like [NTFS] FAT mode only supported with cIOS 222 rev4.. Error Loading EHC Module (-1)
Then obviously you haven't installed rev4 of Hermes cIOS. Download it here, and install 222 as IOS38 merge 60 and 223 as IOS38 merge 37. MPlayer-CE will still work with it, so no need to worries.

Thanks, I had no idea that they updated the cIOS 222
rolleyes.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
skroooagh said:
So I set this up for a friend - 50c FAT version of the DOL made into a channel, SDHC FAT32 card, Hermes 222 installed as 38 merged 37, firmware 4.1 from the NSMB disc. Everything seemed to be working just fine before I wrapped it up but when they opened it and set everything up the loader wouldn't load - it'd show "mload(222) [FAT]" or something like that and the blue light on the DVD drive would start flashing. Anyone have any idea what the deal is here?
That sounds very much like what happens when there is a stub in the IOS222 slot. Perhaps somewhere you accidentally installed the 4.2 upgrade, or they tried to access the Wii Shop or something. Use AnyTitle Deleter Mod (v6b) to delete IOS222 and 223 (and perhaps IOS249 too) and then reinstall them again.

QUOTE(ThE MaSTeR 3 @ Dec 26 2009, 02:33 PM) Please help trying to get games to run off sdhc card but get dvd blue blinking lights when I launch. Looks like this...

IOS(222) mload [FAT]

just hangs on that message and the dvd drive is blinking blue reptedetly 3 times. No idea what the problem is. Missing IOS??? wrong settings??? please help!
Again, this sounds just like a stubbed IOS222. See my other response within this post.

SilverStar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oggzee said:
SilverStar said:
Really, I'm just getting tired of the development communities moving along so slow...
And what are You gonna do about it?

Hey! I'm an end user. I'm allowed to make comments and suggestions. It's certainly no point to deride your work, since yours has been doing the most evolution of any project I've seen. I've switched away from CoverFlow to this loader because of all the work I've seen go on with it. But, because of how advanced it is, it's hard for other projects to keep up and prevents decent feature parity. When one group pushes things so hard, it leaves the others in the dust, which is why I say I'm tired of the development communities moving along so slow.

enlargedhousecat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question that might have been answered but the GBAtemp search function isn't good anymore so I don't use it and now I ask

is this loader CRAP compatible?

SilverStar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
enlargedhousecats said:
I have a question that might have been answered but the GBAtemp search function isn't good anymore so I don't use it and now I ask

is this loader CRAP compatible?
As long as you're using WBFS or FAT32 it is. Either with the forwarder .dol or the built-in launcher (but you'd want to copy the boot.dol over and rename it in the latest version of CRAP, for the latest build of cfg).

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Your SDHC is incompatible with Hermes cIOS v4. This happens to me with my USB drive as well: It works fine under cIOS 254 (waninkoko) but it doesn't with hermes cIOS unless I use a special ehcmodule.elf.

In any case this ehcmodule.elf is not compatible with SDHC at all (it only helps for some USB devices)

ThE MaSTeR 3 said:
Please help trying to get games to run off sdhc card but get dvd blue blinking lights when I launch. Looks like this...

IOS(222) mload [FAT]

montymintypie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Still subscribed to this thread even though I never really read it anymore...
laugh.gif

I'd just like to say how grateful I am for every person who has helped on this project. I know it earns you no money, you work on it in your spare time, and that a HELL of a lot of effort has gone into making the loader what it is today. But it has made the lives easier of a lot of Wii owners out there. Not only that, but you've innovated in the USB Loader scene, being the most updated (in my opinion), with the fastest bug fixes etc. Not only that, but you were the first to do FAT and NTFS support. Just amazing.
bow.gif

Thanks again, Merry Christmas and a very happy New Near to everyone who has helped make this project what it is today!

*BEGIN GRATUITOUS USE OF EMOTICONS TO DISPLAY FEELINGS TOWARDS USB LOADER CFG*

biggrin.gif
happy.gif
smile.gif
mthrnitesmiley.gif
yay.gif
toot.gif
bow.gif
grog.gif

*END GRATUITOUS USE OF EMOTICONS TO DISPLAY FEELINGS TOWARDS USB LOADER CFG*

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
hispanico said:
With new cIOS rev. 16 some problem with Configurable USB Loader ??

Thank
Hispa
While it will work, it seems the dual layer bug is back. Neither of the features it adds are of any use to Configurable users (one fixes an issue with NeoGamma, the other has workarounds in Cfg via the BCA feature and autopatches). Rev 15 is still the best IOS249 to keep for Configurable at the current time.

msl124

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
bootsector said:
Your SDHC is incompatible with Hermes cIOS v4. This happens to me with my USB drive as well: It works fine under cIOS 254 (waninkoko) but it doesn't with hermes cIOS unless I use a special ehcmodule.elf.

In any case this ehcmodule.elf is not compatible with SDHC at all (it only helps for some USB devices)

ThE MaSTeR 3 said:

IOS(222) mload [FAT]

hi, can you share which ehcmodule.elf you are using? I have the samiliar problem with my USB flash drive.
I tried many ehcmodule.elf(from uloader 3.2, 3.3, 3.5) and renamed to ehcmodule4.elf and put it to sd:/usb-loader/ but it can't help to slove my problem.

I tried fat dol of cfg, it can't mount my usb unless I unplug and plug it again several times...

many thanks
bow.gif
bow.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
User423 said:
Does the loader itself do file preallocation (to avoid fragmentation) while installing a game?
I think the file preallocation thing is only needed for sparse files on NTFS, and the loader doesn't install to NTFS right now. WBFS and FAT installs should always have minimised partitions.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Deviling Master said:
I have wrongly formatted my wbfs hard disk with "wbfs_file.exe X: init".
There is a way to recover all my games?

Thanks
bummer :|
You can try with wwt it can do wonders! I think that the init command will reset the header and freeblocks but the disc info table might still be intact. And I think that wwt might be able to rescue it. Not sure though, but it's worth giving it a try.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
wbfs_file 2.5
wbfs_file_2.5_win32.zip
(included sources and windows binary)
Changes:

v2.5:

* Properly mark last scrubbed block as sparse when creating an .iso
either by scrubbing or by converting from .wbfs (windows-only issue)
(The file is the same but will use a little less space)

werewolferx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.adamra.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Oggzee and all members,

Just to point out that I wish you all had a great christmas and hopefully a great and happy new year.

This year past has been a year of wonders for our great console, hope that the year to come has more to this great scene that grows bigger and bigger.

My wishes to you all.
yaypsp.gif

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
User423 said:
Does the loader itself do file preallocation (to avoid fragmentation) while installing a game?
I think the file preallocation thing is only needed for sparse files on NTFS, and the loader doesn't install to NTFS right now. WBFS and FAT installs should always have minimised partitions.
Thanks Dr. Clipper, you´re doing great support here!
wink.gif

---
Another Question:

I installed cIOS222 with the mode "IOS38 Recommend" and cIOS223 with "IOS38 merged with IOS37".
Now I´m about to rerip my games, should I use the "Recommend one" or the merged one?

I know that the 223 one gives the ability to use usb-instruments (because of IOS37), but is there any other benefit?

greets, user423
smile.gif

Deviling Master

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
oggzee said:
Deviling Master said:
I have wrongly formatted my wbfs hard disk with "wbfs_file.exe X: init".
There is a way to recover all my games?

Thanks
bummer :|
You can try with wwt it can do wonders! I think that the init command will reset the header and freeblocks but the disc info table might still be intact. And I think that wwt might be able to rescue it. Not sure though, but it's worth giving it a try.

Wii Backup Manager version 0.2.0 has the function "WBFS Recovery" that WORKS!!!!
Too bad that has not the batch function

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp